Everything posted by nptwildcat
-
Christian County 70 Newport 51
Great season by the Wildcats - Congratulations! Christian County was just too quick, not too deep. I think they only played 7 boys, maybe 8. Good luck to them!
-
Newport/ Christian County Predictions
Newport will need to stay focused and play their game. If they keep control, they should prevail. Go Wildcats!
-
Newport 60 Holmes 34
Amen! Let's get past the negative and onto the positive and what this thread was stated for. Congratulations Wildcats! :dancingpa
-
Newport 60 Holmes 34
Emotions were very high on both sides and unfortunately the adrenaline brought out the worst in quite a few (adults and kids) on both sides. From what I witnessed, the Newport boys put up with quite a bit from blantant no foul calls especially the physical ones and hung right in there. There were multiples times Demarko could have sunk to a lower level - but he didn't. These are kids and would we have acted any better? Probably not. We need to keep this in perspective - the Holmes Basketball team has provided us with a lot of good basketball - don't let this one game tarnish that. We should be thankful at everything they have given us and let that be the memory we keep of them. A very talented group that brought a state championship back to Northern Kentucky.
-
Newport 60 Holmes 34
And you capture them all just perfectly - thank you! Those smiles are priceless without a doubt.
-
Newport 60 Holmes 34
I was at the game and very disappointed by some actions, but I realize these are still young men (kids) and still have some growing to do. They did expect to win and why shouldn't they? They have been an amazing group of boys with a very upstanding coach. They have been a pleasure to watch over the years. Kudos to Coach Henley and his players. Coach Russell and his group just wanted it more and knew they had to play hard and never let up. Good luck at Rupp! Bring home another state title to Northern Kentucky!
-
Newport 62 Ryle 46
Anthony really is a great kid - very polite.
-
Newport 62 Ryle 46
I agree - thank you very much!
-
Newport/Covington Catholic Predictions
I will have to go with my Wildcats by 4.
-
9th region at BOKC
I thought it was great at the BOKC, well worth the advance ticket price and parking. I didn't go to the concession stand, but heard it was a little steep. We paid a little more to be comfortable and to be able to enjoy watching some great basketball which there was last night for sure.
-
Newport 62 Ryle 46
Congrats, Cats! We knew you had it in you - just don't let it disappear. Stay focused and continue on your path to more victories. We are so proud to have so many nice young men to represent Newport. And also very proud to be cheering for you at every game!
-
9th Region BOK Wednesday
2. nptwildcat :banana:
-
Newport / Newport Central Catholic Predictions 2/27
I will pick Newport by 2 - not a surprise. NCC is more disciplined, most of the time. If the Newport team that beat NCC in the "ALL A" shows up - they will pull it out. Either way, the Wildcat faithful is very proud of these young men. I will be cheering for both teams in the region. Go Breds! Go Wildcats!
-
DeSales 60 Newport 57
Hold your heads high, Wildcats! Stay focused. GO WILDCATS !!!
-
Newport 42 Newport Central Catholic 39
Tim did a great job at the game - NCC graduate or not. Over the years, we have had a Newport graduate ref our games (Newport) and he stuck it to us every chance he could get. I believe most refs can be impartial.
-
Newport 42 Newport Central Catholic 39
Great pics, Panda! I was there and you really captured some great moments for both teams. It really was unfortunate that there was a loser in this game - NCC did a great job, but the Wildcats just really wanted this win. What a great win for some really great boys and coaches! I thought Tim O'Hara did a fine job, he was the most neutral ref in the game. The other 2 - wow! They really were a disappointment in such an important game. It was like at half time, they decided to call all fouls against Newport, but the boys didn't let that get them down. They didn't let the refs decide the game. Best of luck in Richmond! Go Wildcats!!
-
Boone County 66 Highlands 56
Great pics!
-
Newport 75 St. Henry 69
I agree Casey gets overlooked alot because he is not a noisemaker - just an all around nice kid. Go Wildcats!!
-
Newport/Lloyd Predictions
I'll take the Wildcats in this one....................... 14 - 13 GO WILDCATS !!!!!!
-
Simon Kenton/Newport Central Catholic (@ Nippert) Predictions
Pioneers BIG at Nippert! I hope Miles will give everyone a little view of why he is the best running back in KY.
-
Bellevue/Newport Predictions
I agree with you on the 3 td's win - not going to happen. I am happy to see such a positive attitude by the Wildcat faithful, but I don't believe this years team is better than last year's team and I'm not sure about Bellevue. Thus making it hard for them to beat Bellevue - who are always great competitors. The Wildcat coaching staff is very upbeat, but it is going to take more than that to beat the Tigers on Saturday night. Go Wildcats!
-
Bellevue/Newport Predictions
I love Newport, but I can see the Tigers sneaking past us by 1 or 2 points. I hope the Wildcats win, but the Tigers are tough to beat.
-
Newport Central Catholic 2 Newport 1
Pat did an outstanding job - he just lost focus in the bottom of the 6th. Newcath hung in there and came out with a "W". That game belonged to Newport up until that point. Good luck Breds!!
-
36th District Baseball Tourney
When it comes to district play, it is anyone's game to be won or lost. This year they all have the chance to emerge as the victor. Good luck to all teams, they are all a fine group of young men.
-
36th District Baseball Tourney
NCC and Highlands think that Newport can not compete, but in 2007 we drew NCC - won and then beat Highlands for the District Championship. I would not be surprised with the boys that are playing this year to surprise everyone again. Good luck Wildcats!!