Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region at BOKC

Featured Replies

I can only speak for myself and the guys with me, but we love where the 9th region tournament has been held the last two years (liked it even better when I could watch two regions, like last year!). Specifically tonight, I thought it was a great atmosphere for high school basketball. Cov Cath crazies were in full effect and the St Henry students were loud also. Yeah, the concessions are not cheap and yes they charged us $2 to park, but for total of about $10 to $15 tonight you got about 3 or 4 hours of entertainment and that is very hard to beat these days. The festival seating was no issue and the crowd grew as the evening went on. I hope the 9th region continues to use this facility for many years. As a fan of high school basketball, with no allegiance to any one team, I am looking forward to attending each session this year in comfort! I attended three different districts last week and saw 4 games in 4 nights. And yes, the hot, stuffy gym with the band blaring, while I sit sandwiched between strangers does feel like March…I would not trade it for the BOKC! The bathrooms were clean, unlike the facilities at one of the districts games I attended. They had my favorite game snack, pretzel and cheese, unlike two of the district games I attended. Well, these are just my thoughts and opinions…and we all know what can be said about opinions…right?

I agree 100%. The atmosphere for both games tonight, especially CCH/SHD, was incredible and 9th region powers that be would be crazy not to keep the region tournament there from here on out.

 

Great venue for a high school game.

Mr Madrick told me after the CovCath vs. St. Henry game, that they would have had to lock the doors and not allow all the fans into any one of the three HS venues (Conner, Ryle of Holmes) if indeed these games had been played elsewhere than the BOKC!

 

Great move Ninth Region Officials, keep it at the BOKC!!!!

Mr Madrick told me after the CovCath vs. St. Henry game, that they would have had to lock the doors and not allow all the fans into any one of the three HS venues (Conner, Ryle of Holmes) if indeed these games had been played elsewhere than the BOKC!

 

Great move Ninth Region Officials, keep it at the BOKC!!!!

 

 

That might be true, but how many people would have stayed home because it was at one of those high schools gym. I'm betting a lot. I'm with ya, keep it there. The prices are a little steep though. Parking, concession, and tickets to get in. Too high IMO for high school.

If you are going to pay $5 for an adult ticket to get into a game then the $6 advance tickets for these sessions are only $1 more. And if you wait until the day of the the game $8 to watch 2 games wont really put a damper on anyone I don't think. I think the space, the atmosphere, and the kids playing in a smaller version of a college gym help once the champion makes there way down to Rupp as well. I think it should be held at BOKC as long at the BOKC will allow it.

If you are going to pay $5 for an adult ticket to get into a game then the $6 advance tickets for these sessions are only $1 more. And if you wait until the day of the the game $8 to watch 2 games wont really put a damper on anyone I don't think. I think the space, the atmosphere, and the kids playing in a smaller version of a college gym help once the champion makes there way down to Rupp as well. I think it should be held at BOKC as long at the BOKC will allow it.

 

Smaller version of a college gym?

I know last year I didn't have to pay to park, did they change that this year?

That might be true, but how many people would have stayed home because it was at one of those high schools gym. I'm betting a lot. I'm with ya, keep it there. The prices are a little steep though. Parking, concession, and tickets to get in. Too high IMO for high school.

 

 

I won't argue with you about concession prices, they are indeed high, of course you don't have to buy anything but the tickets cost? Heck attending the 10th region games at the Field House cost $7.00 per session and $5.00 per game for the semis!

 

As for the $2.00 parking fee? Only at Ryle HS can you find a place to park your car! At Holmes and Conner it might be free, but it's even money that it's blocks and blocks and blocks away and that is if you get lucky!

 

I love the BOKC and I have been to every single Regional game played there by both the 10th and 9th and if the games were being played elsewhere, I know that I and many that I know, wouldn't be going to the games.

I too like it being held at the BOK. I do miss the coziness of the HS gyms, but I can sit in and watch the game more relaxed knowing I can get in and out of the concession lines in a reasonable time, the restroom lines in a reasonable amount of time, but also because I do not have to sit in the gym trying to remember which street my car is parked at, if I was really parked legally, etc.

 

If my vote counted, it would be to keep having at the BOK!

I know last year I didn't have to pay to park, did they change that this year?

 

 

 

Yes they did change that this year but two bucks not to bad. And i also liked the two regions last year was nice to watch.:walk:

I thought it was great at the BOKC, well worth the advance ticket price and parking. I didn't go to the concession stand, but heard it was a little steep. We paid a little more to be comfortable and to be able to enjoy watching some great basketball which there was last night for sure.

In Richmond for the All A it's $10, I'm sure it's at least that at Rupp.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.