Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
George Rogers Clark 85 Christian County 61
2010 GRC = POWERHOUSE!!!!
-
Trinity scrimmage vs. #1 Cincinnati Taft - Forfeit!
I've witnessed the Taft coaches and their circus act in a Holiday tournament in New York a few years ago. I am not surprised.
-
Boys Cats Pause 10th Region preview
I looked at the list and wondered if Corey Rogers graduated?? I thought they had everyone back. No way Corey Rgers is not top 10 in the 10th. Also I would rate GRC at the top in this region. With the talent they have they should win this region and make a serious run at the State Title.
-
H.S. Golf State Tourney - LCA a runaway - Who for Individual Champ?
I agree that playing in the last group is where the pressure is. I was told that the last group found out that the ultimate winner had gone out with a 31 when they were on the 10th hole. I think that added to the pressure on the last group. The freshman from West Jess started pressing a bit at that point. Stewart obviously stood strong.
-
H.S. Golf State Tourney - LCA a runaway - Who for Individual Champ?
Who wilted? Who stood strong?
-
11th Region Boys Basketball-2010-11 Who's on top?
Many of the usual suspects. For me it will be an interesting year watching it shake out.
-
Frankfort 34 Western Hills 6
34-6?? That sounds like great defense and pretty good offense on the Panther's part. I would classify 34-6 as a Beat Down. I thought Western Hills football was on the rise.
-
Boys HS golf quite competetive at the Top!
Great opportunity for Thomas !
-
Boys HS golf quite competetive at the Top!
Why is he out of the picture?
-
Stenzel To EKU
Congratulations!!! Robbie is a fine player. best of luck to GRC this season, and at EKU.
-
Who is in your top 10 for next season?
Are you kiding me!!!! Here we go again.....
-
KY Sr. All-Stars 90 KY Jr. All-Stars 89 @ Franklin County
In response to the question about Remy Abell; I can't tell you other than it was an all star game where you get alot of one on one type play. Honestly I couldnt tell you what number the kid was weraring as I have not seen him play before. I will say this, I thought the Juniors had alot of talented players.
-
KY Sr. All-Stars 90 KY Jr. All-Stars 89 @ Franklin County
I really wasn't bringing the trash talking up to run the kid down. I know it is often and always has been a part of the game. I was just stating the facts. IMO though, it made Pittman look bad, as the trash talk was in response to Behanan taking it straight to Pittman and scoring on him as well as getting fouled. Not very smart to start mouthing after someone scores on you and gets the and 1. The other thing that made him look bad was that he couldn't back up the trash talk. He was out played and out physicalled by Behanan. Again I know it is a part of the game, but I am not a fan of trash talking. What these kids will learn later in life, is that type of intimidation tactic will not take them very far in life and will not lead to any long term success.
-
KY Sr. All-Stars 90 KY Jr. All-Stars 89 @ Franklin County
IMO Chane Behanan was the best player on the floor. Pitman tried trash talking him to no avail. Behanan was simply too strong. Also impressed with Justice, very quick, great ball handler, sees the floor very well.
-
Is it illegal...
If I gift an amount of money to another individual within the limit the IRS will allow (so that no taxes are due), can't that individual do whatever they want with that money?
-
Western Hills 7 Tates Creek 6
It was a great high school ball game. I was very impressed with J.T riddle's resolve. After Tates Creek hits back to back home runs off Riddle and taking a 5-1 lead in the 2nd inning he could have laid down, but that is not what the kid is about. He has a very even keel demeanor, alot of heart, and a never say die attitude. He got his slider working and pitched an excellent ball game from the 2nd inning on. His leadership in my opinion is what won that game for Western Hills. The two home runs by Cammack didn't hurt either.
-
Highlands' basketball players to play at college
Can someone tell me a little more about Kowolonek's game. Obviously the kid can score. He is listed as a forward at 6'2", how bout his rebounding?
-
Major DI Scholarships - Hard to Get
I do understand that we are talking about athletic scholarships, but let me add this. I think there are many that put more emphasis on getting the D1 athletic scholarships than getting the academic scholarships at institutions that provide high quality educations whether they be D1, D2, or D3. Many D3 schools provide educations that will take a person as far or farther in life than than D1 schools. Taking care of business in the classroom is what it is all about. If you are a high achiever academically in High School and a good athlete you will have way more options to play at the next level than if you are an average student. At the end of the day it is really about getting a high quality education!!!
-
Scott Hundley new coach at Woodford County
Best of luck Coach!!!
-
Franklin County's Vance Hall commits to Wright State
Thanks for making the point for me. With all due respect I think Log Mountain Boy was asking a rhetorical question.
-
Franklin County's Vance Hall commits to Wright State
Congratulations Vance. I think this proves you don't have to play for a "high profile" program in the 11th region to get a D1 Scholarship.
-
P.L. Dunbar Head Coach Position
First let me say I know nothing about the Dunbar situation. I do get tired of coaches and others blaming failure on "poor support". It's about leadership, it's about someone convincing another that hey, this is the direction we are going. Then, that other convincing another. It's about being positive instead of negative. It's about finding ways around the road blocks. It's about never giving up. Some successful programs love to perpetuate the "poor support" thing about their competitors so that their programs look better to middle school players looking at high schools.
-
Ohio 92 Kentucky 84
So Hall must have stacked up pretty well. You have any details?
-
Jarrod Polson.......Sleeper???????
Was talking to some West Jessamine folks about Polson's workout with the Cats this week. I was told it went very well, and Mr Polson was invited back. I was told he held his own against the Ky players that participated. Was Jarrod Polson the ultimate sleeper, or are the gurus that evaluate talent all caught up in the hype that is created for some players? Also, does this disprove the argument that a player has to play for say a Scott Co. that gets " exposer" (as so many of the SC folks claim), to get noticed?
-
All-State Team
No doubt Vance Hall should get mention.. He made both the Herald's and Courrier journal's list I believe. He also recently was named MVP in an east west all star game scoring 23 pts in 17 minutes. I think there may be names on this list that couldn't guard him in that east/west game.