Franklin County's Vance Hall commits to Wright State

Franklin County senior guard Vance Hall committed to Wright State today to play basketball. Wright State is a Division 1 basketball program that plays in the Horizon League, home of the national runner-up the Butler Bulldogs. Wright State actually lost to Butler in the conference championship game. Congratulations to Vance as he is getting a free education and an opportunity to play college basketball at the highest of levels. Couldn not have happened to a better kid. Good luck Vance.:banana:

Congratulations Vance. I think this proves you don't have to play for a "high profile" program in the 11th region to get a D1 Scholarship.

:confused: What does that have to do with anything? If you can play and work hard good things will happen for you. Thats what Hall has done. Congratulations to him. He has made a big improvement every year that I have seen him and its great to see him get his college paid for at a D-1 school.

This is a young man that should have been on UK's radar, even if only as a preferred walk on. The kid can play as he has shown on a consistant basis. I really think UK may have let one get away...........................again. Congrats to the young man, wish him the best!

This is a young man that should have been on UK's radar, even if only as a preferred walk on. The kid can play as he has shown on a consistant basis. I really think UK may have let one get away...........................again. Congrats to the young man, wish him the best!

Really? Come on. Congratulations to Vance, I hope you have a wonderful career. I hope you achieve all your goals and graduate to a place in life where all your dreams come true.

Now, why in the world do we constantly have posts that seem to assume that every kid was snubbed by UK? Unfreakinbelievable. There are a select few, and I mean select few that are talented enough to play at the level of Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina and those type schools. There's no shame in not being one of those kids. As a matter of fact, Vance is an elite athlete simply in the fact that he's attained a D1 scholarship to play basketball. That in and of itself is amazing and should be highly commended. But to assume he and others like him were snubbed and UK missed out is frankly laughable. IMO, it lessens the accomplishment of the kid when posts like this are made. Not hard to see why so many detest UK fans and their loony comments sometimes.

Once again, pardon me for the rant, and good luck to Mr. Hall on a wonderful experience at Wright St.

Really? Come on. Congratulations to Vance, I hope you have a wonderful career. I hope you achieve all your goals and graduate to a place in life where all your dreams come true.

Now, why in the world do we constantly have posts that seem to assume that every kid was snubbed by UK? Unfreakinbelievable. There are a select few, and I mean select few that are talented enough to play at the level of Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina and those type schools. There's no shame in not being one of those kids. As a matter of fact, Vance is an elite athlete simply in the fact that he's attained a D1 scholarship to play basketball. That in and of itself is amazing and should be highly commended. But to assume he and others like him were snubbed and UK missed out is frankly laughable. IMO, it lessens the accomplishment of the kid when posts like this are made. Not hard to see why so many detest UK fans and their loony comments sometimes.

Once again, pardon me for the rant, and good luck to Mr. Hall on a wonderful experience at Wright St.

Sorry, but your rant seem a bit over the top to me. Beyond the first few, UK and these programs have guys on their roster that will never see the floor. Most of us would like to see good local guys like Vance and others rather than guys who will come and go and we never see again. Then, who is to say Vance, Jon Hood, etc. may develop into a kind of player that sees the floor. They ain't ALL one and dones!

:confused: What does that have to do with anything? If you can play and work hard good things will happen for you. Thats what Hall has done. Congratulations to him. He has made a big improvement every year that I have seen him and its great to see him get his college paid for at a D-1 school.
Well, we keep being told that kids transfer to certain schools for the exposure and to help their chances at landing a Division I scholarship ... Hall is one that did neither and still managed to get one.

Wright State will be a great situation for Hall. speaking to the comment about the preferred walk-on opportunity at UK... as a guard, walking on at UK means you won great seats to UK games! Coach Cal has already proved his lead guard (and maybe the 2 guard also)is going to be a lottery pick every year, its a credit to Cal, but makes a guard walk-on position not very attractive.

Sorry, but your rant seem a bit over the top to me. Beyond the first few, UK and these programs have guys on their roster that will never see the floor. Most of us would like to see good local guys like Vance and others rather than guys who will come and go and we never see again. Then, who is to say Vance, Jon Hood, etc. may develop into a kind of player that sees the floor. They ain't ALL one and dones!

Over the top or not, he made a solid college choice. Perhaps it's just my demeanor, but I'd much rather go where I'd play, than where I'd see the floor only slightly more than the trainer.