Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
Cantrall Ratings 1-26
:QUOTE=Eta Rho;3243397]Holmes will go in as the favorite most likely as long as they get to Rupp. They should get there with only one loss and if they avoid SC until the semi's or finals, I really see them taking it all. They just seem to be playing on another level right now. I do think it will be a much closer game though than the first one. Key for Holmes is how much Arnold continues to progress. Not saying Scott Co isn't the favorite in the 11th, but with all due respect they will have a more difficult road to get their than Holmes. There are teams in the 11th capable of beating Scott Co. in my opinion. I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I'm just gonna say I've seen some crazy things happen come tourney time in the 11th. I know the rest in the 11th should be bowing down to all the Scott Co folks:notworthy:because they should just feel privileged to walk onto the same floor as SC, but I think their are some not quite ready to do that yet.
-
KY's Best Juniors???
Derek, that is a big statement.
-
Franklin County Coaching Situation
I respectfully disagree with this statement. I think these folks support the programs best they can financially as the majority of Franklin County School district monies go towards teacher salaries. The athletic programs are supposed to be self sustaining funded by gate and booster monies. This statement gives off the perception that athletic programs are not appropriately supported at FC. Yes raising monies for athletics is a struggle for any program. Making a statement that athletics at FC is not suppoted is a smack in the face of all the folks from the private side that give a lot of time and money to support the programs.
-
Scott County @ Franklin County (1/27)
You know that it is just because people have gone crazy. Franklin County shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Scott Co.
-
Scott County @ Franklin County (1/27)
That is because Scott Co understands that FC's program is the weak middle sister of the 11th.
-
George Rogers Clark 61 Scott 51
With all the injuries GRC has had, they are showing a lot of character. Great effort GRC!!!!
-
Highlands 63 Dixie Heights 60
Franlin County played Dixie Hieghts a week ago Saturday after getting clocked by Holmes. I could tell they are a young team, and indeed they are very well coached. FC did not play well 1st half but picked it up to win by 13. Based on how Dixie has played since, it is looking like that wasn't a bad win for FC, especially being shorthanded.
-
KY's Best Juniors???
I agree with this statement. It is simply up to him as to how good a player he becomes. Right now he plays above the square. In a day where many parents hold their kids back a grade in order to get an age advantage Pttman is a junior and only 16. He will probably grow more and will definately gain strength in his upper body in the next few years.
-
Franklin County 42 Woodford County 34
FC wraps up their stretch of 5 straight road games winning 4 out of 5. Huge test on Tuesday against Scott Co. at home. The way I look at it the opportunity to play against one of the best programs in the state on Tuesday is why you put in all the work. I expect it to be a very good high school basketball atmosphere. It will be a packed house.
-
Mason County 54 Henry Clay 44
Mason Co is a very good team and may be the favorite in the 10th right now, especially with the unfortunate luck GRC has had with injuries of late.
-
Cantrell's Rating the State- 1-19
Who is #23 in your avatar?
-
Manual 70 St. Xavier 68 (OT)
Did Speedy see the game?
-
Cantrell's Rating the State- 1-19
Definately will be an atmosphere that will be an adrenalin booster for both teams. Hopefully FC can give Scott Co a decent game, SC has been hitting their stride of late. I am told tickets are being pre-sold. If you are not able to make it early PM me and I'll give you my phone #. I can probably help get you in.
-
Cantrell's Rating the State- 1-19
I am not only a fan of the 11th region, I am a big fan of the sweet 16. High school basketball is great entertainment!!!!!! I did not remember the score, but I was sure they didn't win back to back titles. I had a sweet 16 program from last year in my office.
-
Cantrell's Rating the State- 1-19
They only won state in 1998. In 1999 they were runner up to Ballard 71-47.
-
Male 70 Montgomery County 42
Most likely the reason for the score differential. Rash is a very good player and without question their go to guy.
-
AP Poll Jan. 20
Watkins was out and I did not make the statement that they would have beaten Holmes. I only said we will never know what difference it would have made. Hicks definately would have made an impact in that game in my opinion as well as Watkins. And lastly I do think that Holmes is the best team in the state.
-
Henry Clay 73 Bryan Station 70
Is Morones still out for Bryan Station?
-
Cantrell's Rating the State- 1-19
I can't say I disagree with this, but three questions come to mind when I think of Scott Co and Hicks. 1)Is it because he does more with less? 2)Is it because he does more with more? 3)Or is it because he always has more?:idunno:
-
AP Poll Jan. 20
Franklin County deserves mention of legitimacy as well. They have been beaten by two highly regarded teams in NY. The first was to Jamesville-Dewitt by 6. JD is 13-0 and were listed as #9 in the East by USA Today. The other was to a Wings Academy out of the Bronx by one point (a game FC should have won). I've seen a poll where Wings Academy was #7 in NY. There only in state loss is to the #1 team in the state Holmes by 22. Note that this was without two of their top six. We will never know what could have been had FC been full strength, but I will say that Deron Hicks in my opinion could have matched any of the Holmes players in quickness, and he is as good a lockdown defender as there is in the state when he digs in defensively. The knock on FC is that some of their wins have been ugly which I think hurts them in the computer rankings (Cantrell). If they ever get closer to playing mistake free ball they will be tough.
-
Scott County 83 Paul Dunbar 66
With the way Scott Co. is playing it is starting to look like there is a "marked gap" between Scott Co. and the rest in the 11th.
-
Mason County 58 Madison Central 43
Great win for Mason Co. They will be tough come tourny time!!!!!!
-
Holmes 70 Franklin County 48
Missing Hicks and Watkins definately hurt the FC, although I agree with mooremiller and Eta Rho that it probably would not have changed the outcome, especially the way Holmes shot the three. FC players had that "short handed look" on their faces as the starters were introduced. The good news is that Hicks and Watkins both performed well in th Border Bowl and came out of the game without injury. Watkins started and played the majority of the game at offensive left tackle and played very well not giving up any sacks. Deron Hicks also played well at receiver and returned a punt for a TD. KY defeats TN 26-20. As a KY fan you gotta love that!!!!
-
Kentucky 26 Tennessee 20
Is it true that Deron Hicks from Franklin County returned a punt some 50 yards for a touchdown?
-
Holmes 70 Franklin County 48
I agree with this. Pittman has definately grown since last season. At 16 years of age the sky may be the limit for this kid. His wing span is so wide it is as if it stretches from sideline to sideline. He doesn't just play above the rim, he plays above the square.