Everything posted by rock86
-
St. Xavier 13 Trinity 7 (Freshman)
Kudos to St. Xavier frosh. You never know what's going to happen in this rivalry. Attendence was probably between 3000-3500 (adults $3.00 ea,). That will cover the costs of a few chinstraps, mouth pieces, knee and thigh pads......:dancingpa
-
Trinity 38 St.X 7 (JV)
Oh, I'm confident Trinity will play Juniors in that game too!!!!
-
St. Xavier 13 Trinity 7 (Freshman)
Moeller vs St. X in Cincy: Crusaders 54-14 per Moeller website Moeller vs Trinity at Trinity: Crusaders 21-14 in OT. Comparative scores are fun......St. X Frosh Head Coach is new with Jamie Brown moving up to varsity. Sean McGuire is old veteran in his second season as leader of Rock Frosh. Hopefully, Trinity doesn't come in too over confident because of the Moeller scores. I haven't seen St. X freshmen play so I can not give a score. Perfect weather today!
-
Trinity 38 St.X 7 (JV)
I know Trinity/St. Xavier JV and Freshmen games have more fans in the stands than many local schools do for their varsity games. So, yes, JV and Frosh games are taken seriously.
-
Wouldn't you Love to see 1 State Champion.
I always wondered how Trinity teams would have faired against those Mayfield teams that had higher Litkenhous ratings in the 70s. Insurance costs probably would keep this from happening if there were more than a single class gap between the competitors. Basketball coaches would scream as well. A handful of states do play 16 games including their playoffs.
-
X and T game roll call
I think I can squeeze this one into my schedule....Pep Rally and all! Go Rocks! Beat St. X!
-
Trinity 38 St.X 7 (JV)
Amen!!!!
-
Official St. X vs. Trinity Prediction Thread
My prediction: Brown and Williamson seats will sell out as rain forecast is now a solid 60% for that evening! Both sides will get ultra conservative in the rain. 10-7 Trinity on a late field goal set up by a fumble recovery.
-
Trinity 38 St.X 7 (JV)
If you find the content of this thread terrible,then why are you participating in it? My goodness, the Bluebird of happiness needs to make a stop in Ft. Thomas. Who told you it was a "friendly rivalry"? In the very first game in 1956, St. Xavier left their starters in until 2 minutes remained in a 48-0 romp over the first varsity Trinity team with Seniors. The long time AD of Trinity, Father Jansing explained to me that St.X was forced into starting the series by the local Catholic hierarchy. They tried to "beat us into the ground" so the series would not continue. Ancient history by today's standards. The article in the Courier-Journal confirms that St. X did have their starters in until very late. Friendly rivalry, I think not. Great rivalry, yes indeed. This week the alums tolerate each other at work, etc. Those related by marriage are in a tough spot. Those who have histories at both schools try to stay neutral, but deep down they choose a side. Former Westport head coach Earl Browning refers to this game as a "Holy War". There are no artificial geographical boundaries in this match up. We live together in harmony 50 or 51 weeks out of the year. This week is a little different. The Trinity defense played well. The third string Rocks gave up the hard fought lone St. Xavier score late in the fourth quarter. Trinity's Stein was a leader and enjoys the pressure of playing QB. I don't have official stats available, but I can say this is one of the more lopsided victories in this series at the JV level. Back up QB Smith had a tough day. Back up QB Bennett looked better. Linebackers Whiting and Netherton played well as did DG Bishop. A St. Xavier teacher told me that the sophomore skill players at St. Xavier elected not to play in this game. He has been at St. Xavier for 25 years. I trust what he tells me.
-
St. X (JV) vs Trinity (JV) today (9/18).
No sellout. Only the coaches know if Finch and Phillips will play at RB. If I were a betting man I'd say yes to both. Stein will start at QB for THS. I'm confident Whiting will play LB for the Rocks. Today's weather is a prime example of why sports turf is important for those schools who have limited space.
-
9/14 Trinity at Henry County Frosh Cancelled
No reason provided and I didn't ask. No controversy. I started this thread simply to make the BGP Trinity folks aware that a trip to Henry County was no longer scheduled :thumb:
-
9/14 Trinity at Henry County Frosh Cancelled
The 9/14 Trinity freshmen contest at Henry County was cancelled yesterday by Henry County High School.
-
Freshmen Thursday
Trinity 27-Manual 8 8 minute quarters
-
Manual vs. Trinity
I fully expect the Rocks to take care of business. Last season, the JV game was Trinity 15-6 and freshmen game ended 22-0 in favor of T. The JV game yesterday went well for the Rocks 55-12. The varsity game should be in the 35-14 area in favor of St. Matthews Catholic .
-
TRINITY VS MANUAL JV
I did not see the first score for manual, but the second score was a long run .
-
Trinity/Manual JV game moved to Trinity today!
The Trinity/Manual JV game has been moved to Trinity today per Trinity Athletic Department.
-
Lex Cath vs St. Xavier
I don't think so. St. Xavier should win in a cakewalk. I'll attend this game to see if the Tigers lose and because I enjoy historic Manual Stadium. If Coach Glaser failed to get the attention of his players, then LexCath could pull an upset. Highly unlikely, but a possibility. As far as Louisville's superiority over Lexington....that's a non-issue. Even with Eric Shelton, a Lexington school couldn't beat Trinity and St. X in the same season.
-
Why would you not allow a radio broadcast?
The broadcast refusals generally come from the same schools who refuse to play JV and Frosh games. St. X's district is much more at ease with their football prowess. PRP, Butler, Male and Manual see it as a positive. Fern Creek allows St. X because their AD is an X alumnus. Eastern's AD is still upset he didn't become head basketball coach at Trinity back in the day.....Ballard hates to lose and Seneca also sees it as a way to "hurt" the Rocks. Yes, it is a conspiracy. Albeit, a small one. The space is not the issue at Eastern (newly renovated stadium). Ballard has plenty of space. The same stunts have been pulled in the past as far as filming or disallowing coaches in the "Press Box" at all. Just another reason I'm thrilled to have only a four team district next year. Jealousy, pettiness, simple disdain for Coach Beatty and Coach Lampley.....these are the reasons. It's the only way certain schools can aggravate Trinity.
-
Its official, Kentucky will be moving to 6 classes
The KHSAA website does not reflect Harlan Consolidated. Maybe they have elected not to compete for state title as their superintendent stated earlier this year.
-
Manual vs. Eastern
I'll gamble on the Crimsons 21-14. Eastern should be decent and Manual has to play better this week. Manual may have more skilled athletes in general. I have not seen Eastern this year, but coaching staffs of other teams gave me a little insight.
-
New Alignment in 6A Districts 6-3 and 6-5 in 2007 - 2009...
The interesting portion worth noting is the Nelson County region could draw the Northern Kentucky region and the two predominantly Louisville regions could get each other. It's a one in three shot every year I suppose. The KHSAA has stated regions 1 and 2 and regions 7 and 8 will ALWAYS play each other due to distance.....so "blind draw" only affects 4 regions.....
-
Who do you want scheduled??
Covington Catholic, Lexington Catholic, Cincy St. Xavier or Moeller or Elder, Butler, Male, retain Manual and St. Xavier District foes Ballard, Eastern and Seneca Yep, that would cover it:thumb:
-
New Alignment in 6A Districts 6-3 and 6-5 in 2007 - 2009...
- What do you think is the best "REAL" grass for football?
The best "real" grass is the one that is used only for varsity, jayvee and freshmen football games! No soccer, field hockey, etc!!!!! Bermuda is the choice of most colleges and high schools that I am aware of.- St.Xavier vs Bowling Green
Checks Cafe south??? - What do you think is the best "REAL" grass for football?