Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RNCSportsaholic

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RNCSportsaholic

  1. Anyone know what the weather is going to be like Friday night?..I need to know if I need to build a fire for the game.
  2. They even shaded the F/S to our best receiver's side (Paintsville) and we ran mostly veer and belly against them, so I am confident Cole will draw a double team...they may press him at the line and have the saftey play over the top.
  3. Who was the OC during the years of 99-01? They ran a good offense, 2 back gun, they nearly perfected the smash and smoke passing plays. Also, their running attack was great. They had the athletes to run that offense this year.
  4. Mostly depends on the draw...if they draw Paintsville its going to be another instant classic...Blanton v. Grimm for a trip to the regional.
  5. Defense: Mainly a 4-4 base with different looks, however they shade the safety to the offenses best wide out ( Cole will have a bracket coverage) they also give a team a Cover 2 look when you spread them out. Offense: pretty well balanced, like to roll the QB and run crossing routes and WR screens. Running game is suspect, QB draw is one of their favorite plays. OL/DL has decent size. DL likes to pinch inside and create a pile up and force the RB to kick the play outside which allows their team speed to make plays. With this imofrmation I'm sure Somerset will have no trouble. You can send a check or money order to...
  6. This is the one championship that Paintsville has not been able to capture and I'm sure that Coach Runyon is going to do everything in his power to win this tourney. FYI- Paintsville is hosting the 15th Regional "All A" Classic this year so everything seems to be in line for the now experienced Tigers to make a run at it.
  7. I can't wait to watch this game from the best seat in the house!
  8. Daniel Pugh-Paintsville 104 Career TD's 10 TD's in one playoff game
  9. It was anyone's game going into the 4th. 20-12 it was hardly over. Some of Pugh's "rushing attempts" wwas him simply diving on the ball after a bad snap, so thats why he had such low numbers. I thought Paintsville won the toss? Maybe Coach J can clear that up, but either way, it was stupid to kick the ball to Pugh, but I'm glad they did. Sublett is #34 and Cantrell is #24. ALso, I seriously doubt that Coach J, "tried" to keep the game close, but they did a good job of making the adjustments needed to win the game. Hopefully, we get another shot at them.
  10. If nothing else, it helps with getting game film for an up-coming oppent, no need to worry about coaches not wanting to exchange film, just tape it yourself. As for it hurting attendance, I'm sure it doesn't help, LOL.
  11. Webb signed with UK, but never played. Sublett was a good player, his knees just didn't allow him to play 100%, Salyers did go to C-Ville and played for 2 years, I think. FWIW, any team that goes 10-0, is more than a 2 man team.
  12. The 2000 defense is no where close to this years. I played against the 2000 team and the 2006 team would beat them, IMO. As for 2001, the 2006 team would name the score.
  13. With those stats I would rank them as a contender rather than a sleeper. Pikeville carries with them a long line of tradition, so no coach is going to look past them. A giant as a hard time sneaking up on people.
  14. Odds are they will meet each other in the 2nd round, so one of them will make it to the regional finals.
  15. Paintsville has 2 weeks to prepare for Hazard so I expect Paintsville to beat Hazard on the road and force Hazard to travel to either Pikeville or Paintsville in the first round of the playoffs. Then they will be defeated again. Hazard just lost too much from last season to be ready for a regional title run.
  16. Still no word Apple Bowl. I'm not saying that he's overlooking Greenup, but it seems he looks at the Ashland game like some fans look at the Apple Bowl. (Its the one he's had circled since last year) so to speak.
  17. He said after the Apple Bowl that there was a team coming down in 3 weeks that he really wants to beat(Ashland) some might take this as him overlooking Greenup Co. Personally, I don't think it matters if they are looking ahead or not, all this means is that the score won't be as bad as it potentially could be.
  18. I feel your pain...In more years than most, there will be 5 games in which the clock is running non-stop after halftime. But, on the other hand, all you have to do is beat either Hazard or Paintsville and pretty much have a home playoff game.
  19. I'll let you know, but since you knew the contract was sent to PHS a week ago and I didn't, you will probably have to let me know. LOL I know very little about what goes on off the field.
  20. I can't answer the question. I'm sure it will be signed, but PHS has to pick up a few games next year because our contracts are up with Fairview, Betsy Layne, and maybe one other school. So, my GUESS ( and it is only a guess) is that we have to make sure everything is worked out district wise before we can sign any contracts. The realignment thing has everyone's schedule out of sync. As for the game, I glad PHS didn't get shut out. Thats about all the positives I saw. That and the first play of the game LOL
  21. You should have spoken up, I'm sure it was a mistake and they thought you were paying for more than just 2 people.
  22. What would that prove? Matney has no class? Thats about all it would prove to me. If teams like, Belfry, Sheldon Clark, et al. can keep it respectable when they play teams like Magoffin Co. I don't see any reason why JC can't do the same; and you can't tell me that Belfry couldn't hang 100 on MC if they so desired.
  23. And what makes it so funny is that I just about the only Tiger fan posting...and I think I have shown quite a bit of restraint
  24. Dude, I'm a Paintsville fan, but please, JC beating Highlands??? You aren't helping your cause any at all by saying stuff like that.
  25. There will be an Apple Bowl next year, to the second question, we don't have a JV team LOL our varisty is our JV LOL 26 players on roster and several freshmen and shophmores play and start...I know Central is good, but its not exactly like PHS is going up against an NFL team. Why would he agree to renew the contract if he was going to play the JV? Use some common sense.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.