Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Greenup County

Featured Replies

Johnson Central is coming into this game 7-0 overall and 2-0 in the district. While Greenup County is 3-3 overall and 0-1 in the district. This game very well could have a HUGE crowd. It is apple day friday night, JC destroyed Paintsville in the apple bowl, alot of former players and students will be in attendance to go along with the normal crowd and Paintsville has the week open. Matney will not look past Greenup County to get ready for Ashland. This game is very big because JC has to win this game to even think about getting a home play-off game.

 

Johnson Central - 51

Greenup County - 26

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Statement game before the open week. JC wins 61-12.

This game worries me more than any other on JC's schedule because if JC isnt careful it could be caught in a big let down. Greenup Co. is a good team and one that if you come out sluggish, may have you in a fight for your life. JC obviously has the far more dominant team and if comes to play the way its capable, should destroy Greenup. I believe that JC comes out early sluggish but halftime adjustments and a good chewing will have this team playing like they are capable and it should start to get ugly. We still probably wont see JK Ratliff to much in this game so he has the chance to fully heal up with the open week next week. With all that said, Ill take the Eagles by a comfortable margin. My prediction:

 

Johnson Central: 56

Greenup Co.: 14

I think that Johnson Central will win by a comfortable margin. However, if the Golden Eagles win by a larger margin than Ashland did, it will only be because of the whoopin' that the Tomcats put on the Musketeers. :lol:

I think that Johnson Central will win by a comfortable margin. However, if the Golden Eagles win by a larger margin than Ashland did, it will only be because of the whoopin' that the Tomcats put on the Musketeers. :lol:

 

:lol: I totally agree. Oh and I loved that Underdog pic, thinking about using that as my avatar.

JC wins this one big. By 30 at least.

:lol: I totally agree. Oh and I loved that Underdog pic, thinking about using that as my avatar.
You are welcome to use it if you want. Here is a slightly fatter Underdog, scaled to a 150 x 150 px size with a transparent background. (I have temporarily made it my avatar, but will remove it in a few minutes.)

underdogAV.gif

I gotta go with JC in this one. From the looks of things those boys are going to have a clean slate all season. Good luck to ya JC hope ya finish with an all winning season.

You are welcome to use it if you want. Here is a slightly fatter Underdog, scaled to a 150 x 150 px size with a transparent background. (I have temporarily made it my avatar, but will remove it in a few minutes.)

 

Thanks Dino.

Thanks Dino.
You're welcome. It's all yours.

 

I look forward to reading more Tomcat fans bashing the Golden Eagles' schedule. The avatar may help them convince themselves that Johnson Central is overrated. I think some of them are having a difficult time believing it.

 

This time next week, we will have the score of the JC vs. Greenup and Ashland vs. Greenup scores to discuss, which should give us a little bit of insight as to what we might expect when Ashland comes to town. I expect JC to handle Greenup County easily and then "upset" Ashland a couple of weeks later by at least a couple of touchdowns.

Truth of the matter is that Ashland has played a better schedule and I wish JC had played a Belfry, Russel, or Raceland. I would like to see on there schedule a Bell, Rockcastle or one of the better Lexington schools in the near furure. The only way to find out who has the better team is on the field and that is coming in less than 3 weeks.

 

For now

 

Greenup 12

JCHS 48

JC all the way in this one.

 

Central- however many they want

G.C.- 10

Truth of the matter is that Ashland has played a better schedule and I wish JC had played a Belfry, Russel, or Raceland. I would like to see on there schedule a Bell, Rockcastle or one of the better Lexington schools in the near furure.

 

I agree. I would love to see JC beef up its schedule in the near future. But, we play the cards we are dealt and all JC can do is beat the teams that are on the schedule. It's not really Johnson Central's fault that the district is so weak, Just take care of business on the field boys and this will be a season to remember.

I agree. I would love to see JC beef up its schedule in the near future. But, we play the cards we are dealt and all JC can do is beat the teams that are on the schedule. It's not really Johnson Central's fault that the district is so weak, Just take care of business on the field boys and this will be a season to remember.

Traditionaly some of the teams that Central has played are not so weak. North Laurel is usually a pretty good 4A team. A few years ago Bryan Station was a powerhouse(and in my opinion still have the best collection of athletes I have seen all year), Logan, WVA is usually decent, and Lawrence County is only a few years removed from being a state power, and Boyd County always has good teams. Paintsville is usually one of the stronger Single A teams in the east and in most years would be the equivalent to or better than the Raceland team that whupped on the Tomcats just this year. Matter of fact Paintsville rolled all over Raceland just last year. Some of these games are scheduled years in advance, so it's hard to predict when the down years could happen to normally sound programs. One thing that our "humble" buddy GIAT is also failing to mention in his belittlement of JC's schedule is that some of the teams he is criticizing JC for playing will be the exact same district teams that the uppity Tomcats will themselves play in a few weeks. If Johnson Central is guilty of a weak schedule then Ashland can be just as guilty, because over the term of the year I think you can say they basicly resemble one another.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.