Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hazard (9-3) at Somerset (8-4)

Who wins Friday? 83 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Where is at, does it go by district or higher seed? I have heard both ways. Who do you think will win?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old system would put it in Hazard (Odd year, odd district/Even year, even district). IMO, it really dosen't matter where this one is played, because it will be all Jumpers.

After just reading the 2006 playoff instructions from the khsaa website it is my understanding that Somerset will be hosting the 3rd round game. It sais "The highest seed (finishing position in district) shall host the regional championship game (3rd round)".

Just like Daddy Cat said, it doesnt matter if this game was being played on Mars, Somerset will win by as many as they want to. No offense to Hazard but their chances are almost slim to none.

Just like Daddy Cat said, it doesnt matter if this game was being played on Mars, Somerset will win by as many as they want to. No offense to Hazard but their chances are almost slim to none.

 

Like they were tonight.;)

  • Author
Like they were tonight.;)

 

I agree with what you are saying about not having a chance BRJB. In the third round every team has a chance. All things being equal the Jumpers should win, but as Pikeville can tell you anything can happen when they turn on the lights on Friday night. No team can afford to overlook anybody this far into the playoffs. I don't think the Jumpers will though, Coach Cobb has always had a lot of respect for the teams from the east and I'm sure he'll make sure his boys don't overlook anyone.

This is the first time these two teams have ever met in the playoffs.

Not True. Somerset & Hazard played in the mid-80's when both were in 2A.

Not True. Somerset & Hazard played in the mid-80's when both were in 2A.

Let me clarify. They have never met in the playoffs since Somerset joined this region in 2003.

  • Author
After just reading the 2006 playoff instructions from the khsaa website it is my understanding that Somerset will be hosting the 3rd round game. It sais "The highest seed (finishing position in district) shall host the regional championship game (3rd round)".

 

That is how I understood it also. It would be nice to get this game at home. If anyone heres anything different than a SHS home game please post and put where you heard or read it.

PS I know that the announcers at the game said we would be on the road but I think that is just because everyone thought Pikeville would win.

That is how I understood it also. It would be nice to get this game at home. If anyone heres anything different than a SHS home game please post and put where you heard or read it.

PS I know that the announcers at the game said we would be on the road but I think that is just because everyone thought Pikeville would win.

Yep. Jumper1 is correct. I printed a copy of the rule from the KHSAA website and the home site is determined by the highest seed. If the two teams have the same seed then it goes by district(odd/even years).

  • Author

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad

That is how I understood it also. It would be nice to get this game at home. If anyone heres anything different than a SHS home game please post and put where you heard or read it.

PS I know that the announcers at the game said we would be on the road but I think that is just because everyone thought Pikeville would win.

 

Yep. Jumper1 is correct. I printed a copy of the rule from the KHSAA website and the home site is determined by the highest seed. If the two teams have the same seed then it goes by district(odd/even years).

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Go Jumpers Get the Region:ylsuper:

Like they were tonight.;)

 

So would you like to go on record that you're picking Hazard? I do have to give you credit on you prognostications, you said that it would be nearly impossible for Somerset to travel to Pikeville and win the region and you were correct. There is no way, no possible way that Somerset will win the region in Pikeville this year. :thumb:

Let me clarify. They have never met in the playoffs since Somerset joined this region in 2003.

 

That was my freshman year and we beat the Bulldogs 56-21. They had a really quick running back named Demeral Beasley and we had to dodge a shooting in the parking lot but overall it as a good time.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.