Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hazard (9-3) at Somerset (8-4)

Who wins Friday? 83 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

^^^I'll agree, Hazard's secondary looked very solid both games against Pikeville. They seem to stay at home well also, and they have the ability to make plays.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hoskins kid has shut down many great combos at his corner pos. to the point that no one will test him-I hope they (somerset) try and test him.It should make for some good football. He did a fantastic job against Danvilles Big wide receiver and had a pick against Pikeville in the earlier meeting this year (as well as the free safety- Mehan- had 2picks in the first meeting and aTD saving INT last wk. And all the other teams Hazard played stayed away from his side- but be careful on the other side even with a true freshman alt. with a Jr. they have also made some good plays aswell.Good Luck DAWGS.

 

I don't think that anyone in our region can shut down cole with single coverage. Just as you would like Somerset to throw at Hoskins, I would like to have Cole in single coverage. I look for Hazard to double him every play just like everyone else since district play began. The key for Hazard is to limit John Cole and not to let him behind the safety. Like you said should make for some good football friday night. :thumb: With all being said I will go with Somerset 42 Hazard 18.

Hazard has a history of folding in the playoffs. When they have good teams, regular teams or great teams, seems they just have trouble in the playoffs. Friday will end a Hazard team that is full of heart's season. Hazard has had a better season than I expected, especially after the afore mentioned Harlan shelacking. They held in there and made it to a regional final. Hats off to the Bulldogs, but Somerset has way too much everything, especially speed for the Bulldogs to hang in long enough to have a shot at them. Somerset's D has became a factor now, too. They were just scoring a bunch of points and taking everyone out earlier, now they score a ton of points and stop you, too. Somerset is going to be a hard out in the playoffs this year, but it will not happen friday.

The Hoskins kid has shut down many great combos at his corner pos. to the point that no one will test him-I hope they (somerset) try and test him.It should make for some good football. He did a fantastic job against Danvilles Big wide receiver and had a pick against Pikeville in the earlier meeting this year (as well as the free safety- Mehan- had 2picks in the first meeting and aTD saving INT last wk. And all the other teams Hazard played stayed away from his side- but be careful on the other side even with a true freshman alt. with a Jr. they have also made some good plays aswell.Good Luck DAWGS.

Do you think they will single Cole? Everyone else has doubled him in the district/region but it really hasn't worked out too well for them.(Somerset won all those games) Maybe some 1-1 coverage on him would be something Hazard would try.

Hazard has a history of folding in the playoffs. When they have good teams, regular teams or great teams, seems they just have trouble in the playoffs. Friday will end a Hazard team that is full of heart's season. Hazard has had a better season than I expected, especially after the afore mentioned Harlan shelacking. They held in there and made it to a regional final. Hats off to the Bulldogs, but Somerset has way too much everything, especially speed for the Bulldogs to hang in long enough to have a shot at them. Somerset's D has became a factor now, too. They were just scoring a bunch of points and taking everyone out earlier, now they score a ton of points and stop you, too. Somerset is going to be a hard out in the playoffs this year, but it will not happen friday.

I think Hazard has a LOT of speed as well. I don't really think speed will be the difference in the game.

If Cole doesn't get you, Hunter will, If Hunter doesn't, the other recievers will, heck if Deaton can't do anything else, he will run. Too many weapons.

I think Somerset has too much offensive firepower. Somerset 42-14.

I think Williamsburg played Cole for part of the game single coverage, with some some doubling here and there. It didn't work out well either way.

Do you think they will single Cole? Everyone else has doubled him in the district/region but it really hasn't worked out too well for them.(Somerset won all those games) Maybe some 1-1 coverage on him would be something Hazard would try.

 

They even shaded the F/S to our best receiver's side (Paintsville) and we ran mostly veer and belly against them, so I am confident Cole will draw a double team...they may press him at the line and have the saftey play over the top.

I think Hazard has a LOT of speed as well. I don't really think speed will be the difference in the game.

 

I think it will be a factor. Hazard has some speed. I never said they were slow. Somerset has speed to burn, all over the field. Speed and more athletes will be the difference in this game. The closest game Somerset saw in the district was 14-7 in a slop bowl against Harlan. 2 weeks later, in the dry, Somerset did to a very good Harlan D what it did to the rest of us in the district.

Harlan walked on the Bulldogs earlier in the season. Somerset walked on the Dragons last week. The Bulldogs have gotten better, but so has everyone else. Somerset had little to no real D early in the district but found it about 1/2 way through. Somerset is a lot like the Middlesboro teams that dominated this region in the 90's. Hazard can't sneak up on the Jumpers like they did P'ville and they won't stop the scoring that S'set can throw on you and they also won't be able to score the kind of points on the Jumpers you have to have to take them down.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

I think Hazard has a LOT of speed as well. I don't really think speed will be the difference in the game.

 

I think it will be a factor. Hazard has some speed. I never said they were slow. Somerset has speed to burn, all over the field. Speed and more athletes will be the difference in this game. The closest game Somerset saw in the district was 14-7 in a slop bowl against Harlan. 2 weeks later, in the dry, Somerset did to a very good Harlan D what it did to the rest of us in the district.

Harlan walked on the Bulldogs earlier in the season. Somerset walked on the Dragons last week. The Bulldogs have gotten better, but so has everyone else. Somerset had little to no real D early in the district but found it about 1/2 way through. Somerset is a lot like the Middlesboro teams that dominated this region in the 90's. Hazard can't sneak up on the Jumpers like they did P'ville and they won't stop the scoring that S'set can throw on you and they also won't be able to score the kind of points on the Jumpers you have to have to take them down. It will be all::bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: : :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Ah...you know Somerset will win. They seam to be a modern dynasty these days.

Oh yeah Sammie Jo is at my mansion right now but I will leave her to go watch the Jumpers prevail 34-7 Friday night. Then I will have to go back and figure a way to get the Carrington's money!!!!!

Is that the Dynasty you are talking about???

Oh yeah Sammie Jo is at my mansion right now but I will leave her to go watch the Jumpers prevail 34-7 Friday night. Then I will have to go back and figure a way to get the Carrington's money!!!!!

Is that the Dynasty you are talking about???

I do remember Sammie Jo

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.