Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hazard (9-3) at Somerset (8-4)

Who wins Friday? 83 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

That was my freshman year and we beat the Bulldogs 56-21. They had a really quick running back named Demeral Beasley and we had to dodge a shooting in the parking lot but overall it as a good time.

Well it's at our place this time so hopefully we won't have to dodge any shootouts:laugh:

 

I don't know a lot about Hazard except that they pass the ball and they have one of the Olinger family at QB and a good WR. Anybody know some specifics about them that they would like to share?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So would you like to go on record that you're picking Hazard? I do have to give you credit on you prognostications, you said that it would be nearly impossible for Somerset to travel to Pikeville and win the region and you were correct. There is no way, no possible way that Somerset will win the region in Pikeville this year. :thumb:

 

Typical classy post from you. Not. I was only pointing out that you can't say Hazard doesn't have a chance. Some people (like Jumper Dad) got it, some didn't.;)

WR Hoskins(great kid) he is the only senior skill player. Qb-Olinger, Wr/Tb-Campbell, Wr-Kidd, Wr/Tb-Adams are all sophmores, Fb-Blanton(great hitter) and Te/Wr-Meehan and kicker/punter-Delpont are freshmen.

Let me clarify. They have never met in the playoffs since Somerset joined this region in 2003.

 

Their only playoff meeting was in 1984, a Class AA regional final.

-Somerset 67, Hazard 25

 

Somerset won that game and then lost to Newport Central Catholic in the state semifinals. Could we see a repeat of that this year?!

Although I firmly believe that the game is going to be played at Somerset, when will it be official. In todays Commonwealth Journal they state that the game is going to be played in Hazard.

Their only playoff meeting was in 1984, a Class AA regional final.

-Somerset 67, Hazard 25

 

Somerset won that game and then lost to Newport Central Catholic in the state semifinals. Could we see a repeat of that this year?!

 

I knew we scored a bunch but I didn't remember 67. Of course I've slept since then!

Well it's at our place this time so hopefully we won't have to dodge any shootouts:laugh:

 

I don't know a lot about Hazard except that they pass the ball and they have one of the Olinger family at QB and a good WR. Anybody know some specifics about them that they would like to share?

Believe it or not Olinger's arm is as strong as Deatons. He is also very mobile but not quite as good as Deaton by comparable. They do have a lot of speed and can break one at any time. I remember when Harlan played them we were on edge every play. I believe the true advantage to Somerset is line play & defense. I have seen both teams play & in my opinion Somerset is significantly better. Harlan just lined up, spread out and ran over them. With the type of offense SHS runs they should have no problem moving the ball or containing Hazard.

I agree that Somerset is the favorites, but Hazard has been playing spoiler. They made a great comeback to beat Paintsville, and then beat Pikeville at Pikerville. I think Hazard will give Somerset more than expected.

Hazard has to ability to keep it close for awhile, however line up Hunter and run at Hazard to open up Deaton/Cole as well as other Jumper recievers, and its a long night for the Bulldogs. I thought Pikeville was to be had all year, and the Dogs proved it. Hats off to them from coming a long way from being blanked by Harlan 34-0 early in the season, to competing for a Regional Championship. Somerset has too many weapons and an improved defense.

 

Jumpers 42

Hazard 12

Somerset 34-14.

The Hazard/ Harlan game would have been alot closer if Campbell had played.

The Hazard/ Harlan game would have been alot closer if Campbell had played.

 

Who is Campbell?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.