Everything posted by highroller
-
I want to clear something up about 6 classes and the public/private split..
That vote was along the lines of like 13-2 in favor of the 6 class system.
-
KHSAA 6 Classes (Evenly divided)
I am under the impression that they are not going to let teams move up in class. It is going to be play where you are type of thing.
-
Who should be the New Boyd County Coach?
I was wandering if Mike Davis would be interested in going back home and coaching. He has things hopping in Grant County and I know he is always involved with his youth league. He is young and works hard to get the job done. I agree all of the coaches mentioned would do a great job. I just think football at BC needs to improve, it was not long ago they were a true powerhouse. Whatever happens I wish BC and Coach Damron the best.
-
Boyd Co. coach Dane Damron resigns
Who will take his place at Boyd?
-
First Lutz, now is another area coach leaving?????
I know that Coach Damron and his brother run a football camp every summer at KCC. Could be a connection. Hope Boyd doesn't lose a good coach but who would step in if he did leave, any possibilities on present staff or will they go to KCC with him
-
What will happen to Boyle, Highlands, Danville, Beechwood?
First of all, they are just miles away from each other , the only reason why one comes out of the east and one comes out of the west is because of $$$$$$$$$$. They draw a big Louisville crowd and is really smart for business, but this is not a business. For years Danville and Lex Cath did have to face each othe an dright now, Highlands plays in the region with Lex Cath. So I don't understand your gripe. We should not divide Louiville just so they can get the big gate.
-
5 or 6 class football revisited
THere is also a disparity in single A Coach Jackson at Pikeville has done great research on this topic and has posted it on here several times, it is not just a X and T thing 6 classes would be better for footballa dn make the opportunity for more kids to see the post season, something that every other sport in KY gets to do except football.
-
East Ridge 6 Cordia 2
I believe he catches for the warriors
-
6 Classes?
Once again though football is the only sport in KY that every team does not make the playoffs. In the 6 class system almost everyone would make it, which means more revenue for your program, a chance for more student athlete to compete in the post season atomoshpere and just like in Basketball, anything can happen and you might get a few upsets. I personally am for it , because it is good for kids and KY football
-
Baseball vs Spring Football Practice
You are exactly right, if the adults can't work together to make it an enjoyable experience for the kids then they are in coaching for the wrong reason and probably need to be removed form their position. Let the kid be a kid and have his fun reality will kick him in the face soon enough, don't make a kid make choices that are not necessary at this point in their lives. If you need spring practice as a depth chart organizer than you don't know much about your kids in the first place or you already know who you wan to play and might cheat a kid out of earning a spot in the summer and early fall.
-
Baseball vs Spring Football Practice
What happens when he tears his shoulder horsing around in the basement or riding his skate board. They can get hurt walkong down the road. I allow my kids to choose, if they go to baseball then so be it. If they go to summer basketball, then so be it, they are still kids and if they are that involved then they will figure out a way to get it all in. If they are behind they will catch up and if the kids is an athlete, he will be fine. I feel a lot of times it is the basketball coach or baseball coach that works against the football coach, but if baseball wants more time then build your coaches association as strong as football's and get them to look at it. It is not the fought of football coaches that we got things done for our sport.
-
Rose Hill 61 Boyd County 60
What are some stats on the JV game? What was the score
-
Freshmen AIT
ANy stats on the Rose Hill game?
-
3 point line
I feel that we are here to produce high quality members of society, not prepare them just for the next level. But the 3 point shot has killed the once great skill of the mid range jumper. Kids who play now a days don't work their skills enough as it is. If you move back the line they will just train the body and mind to hit the deeper shot.
-
Coaching Changes
If this is the case and I hope it isn't, we are seeing it way to often. No stability for the kids, who in their right mind would want to look at that job, maybe that is what the administration wants, then they could just let all the kids just go to Southern or Central and be done with it.
-
Coaching Changes
Yeah, why would Berea be open again. I saw them play this year and they looked pretty good, numbers game had alot to do with the fact that they may not have as many wins under their belt. They have a decent amount of kids coming from the middle school and will be better in years to come. Rome wasn't built in a day and given time Coach Mills will have them winning.
-
Top RB in Eastern KY
Ron Blume---JCHS Ryan Howard ---Leslie Christopher from---Bell