Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Long Time Warrior

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Long Time Warrior

  1. How many times to I have to tell you Guru, this is how you focus the camera!! GEZZ!
  2. How can we still be on this subject!!!!!!!!!!! It makes all the sense in the world for all three LOCAL TEAMS to be in one spot for one night. It's Someret's Ray Correll Bowl end of discussion of moving it to somewhere else. PC needs to pull up it's pants and continue playing in this Bowl and quit complaining about it period. This is not a road game. You just have to meet at school and get you stuff on a bus and drive 5 min. Here's my last thought on the matter, PC plays in a higher division of A football. If this game is a problem how is it going to be for them down the road of their schedule? I'd use this venue to prepare for true road games without the hour plus travel. All adds up if you ask me.
  3. I have been a Warrior fan for years now, but I'm a fan of football. The Ray Correll Bowl is such a great event I flew 800 miles and watched a college game then drove 4 hours the next day to catch up with friends at this event. It has to be played at Somerset because it's their bowl game. I couldn't image the Bob Allen Bowl being played any where but at Danville's field. I know this argument has been brought up several times about where and when it's played. If you don't want to play in the Ray Correll Bowl then don't sign on the dotted line. Have your on and invite who you want. Now with that said it would be great if all three local teams played each other every year. With all the split of the RCB you can't expect Somerset to play without some money back. Just wouldn't be right. So here's a solution either all three teams agree to play one another on a rotating basis (home/away) and the county schools drop out of the RCB. Or they make a money/money deal with Somerset and play in the RCB. The team not playing Somerset in the RCB get a certian amount and the other get a certian amount. Sign 2 year deals and stop all this nonsense!!
  4. There is a lot of good info above. IMO it really starts with your son's head coach. Got to have the support of your coach. Got to go visit camps starting at the end of your sophmore year. Hopefully your coach is scheduling good teams to play. Can't and will not help your case. Even in a loss to a good team is better than a win over a cupcake. Scouts will come to games to see players but often times see another one there. Hopefully your coach has given truthful advice in the past about kids. If your team has sent kids to a certian school and everything worked out about them then this school will return to see another player a coach recomends. Scouts talk and coaches do as well so keep the play on the field. If you are a difficult parent then soon everyone will know. Last a certianly not least get film footage together. Good games and aginst good competition. Camp footage and stats. My son had all the above. He missed out on a few acolades but he's in college on scholarship and a few of those kids have quit. There is a few scouting agent programs and I would consider one of them if you feel like you haven't had any response. Be ready, a talent scout will be honest with you about how hard and how talented your kid really is.
  5. I get to be at the games!!!!!!!!! I hope to see all my local friends at the game. PLEASE if you see me come over a say something. I hope these games are what they have been in the past "GREAT GAMES" Looking forward to seeing HS football again. I'll go with PC in the first game and SW in the night cap.
  6. Harris Bivin DL 6′4 285 Owensboro Apollo Kentucky
  7. Let it go!!!!!!! You're not going to win this battle on here. Like most on here we feel it VERY IMPORTANT that you finish with YOUR TEAM!! They have pratice all summer together, did 7 on 7 's together, did drills together, did punishment sprints together, and dressed for games together, celebrated victories together and cried at losses together. This includes Seniors, Juniors, Sophmores, and Freshman players. Do you understand why everyone doesn't see it your way or your son's way now? Start together, End together. That's football in a nut shell. If you have such a problem with it just let him play basketball. He'll have all football season to get ready then.
  8. Here is Southwestern High School. This is the schools site: http://www.southwesternhigh.net/ This is the Football Team. It hasn't been updated in a while (that's not good) http://football.southwesternhigh.net/
  9. To you Mr. Thomas, I hope your years a EKU are fun and exciting. Continue playing and have a great career!!!!!
  10. How can your first and only post be wrong. You joined BGP to make this point and missed it!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_I Division I FCS schools are currently restricted to giving financial assistance amounting to 63 full scholarships. Unlike Bowl Subdivision schools, Championship Subdivision schools may divide their allotment into partial scholarships, but Championship Subdivision schools are limited to 85 players receiving any sort of athletic financial aid for football. Because of competitive forces, however, a substantial number of players in Championship Subdivision programs are on full scholarships.
  11. What was his bench numbers, I believe its 180 lbs, how many times?
  12. COOL!! I hope the Somerset area keeps turning out college players. Someday I'm sure they will all get together and laugh about their playing days. :thumb:
  13. This a Southwestern fan that would like to extend a congrads to another kid from the area going on to play a sport they love. I don't think any Southwestern fan has dis anyone's parents on here. If so let me know.
  14. Welcome to the family. It's going to be fun watching a bunch of these Ky kids play on. Good luck and congrads!!!
  15. Welcome to the Family. I can't wait to see how you do on the field. It's been a tough last two seasons for Murray State but the tide is turning. They will be much better this season than the last two. Congrads and good luck.
  16. I have often wondered why Dermontti Dawson hasn't got into coaching. I'm sure he would make a great high school coach. He had a great career playing and he presents himself as a great person. Does anyone know if he still lives in Versalles?
  17. I thought some of you Louisville/ Lexington fans would like to read an article about football in the 1920's. He talks about riding a train to the games. I cracked up when he talked about Louisville being a tough/rough bunch. Travel back in time!! 1928 Style!! http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/archivesearch/local_story_317231348.html
  18. You can't have a fumble by an ineligible receiver. Only eligible receivers with the ball can that happen too. You could maybe have illegal touching if the player was trying to catch the ball. I've seen linemen catch and drop balls before and its never ruled a fumble. As long as he's not down field and as long as he didn't try to advance the ball this has to be the rule. Only reason I know about the fumble issue is my kid played TE in high school and on some plays he wasn't eligible to catch a pass but sometimes the QB would get into trouble and would throw him the ball. He never did catch it and then throw down but he did have it hit into his hands a few times before he realized that he wasn't eligible for a pass.
  19. I would have to said incomplete pass if the intended receiver was in the area. If the QB throws a forward pass that isn't caught by a receiver then this is the call. Linemen get in the way of passes all the time that hit them and the ball falls to the ground. Since the limeman dropped the pass then that makes it an incomplete pass. He's not an eligible receiver but since he wasn't down field and there was a RB eligible receiver there then the QB wasn't just trying to ground the ball. Incomplete screen pass.
  20. OH!!!!!!!!!! You made a bad call and now your telling me? What about the out of bounds call eariler that you missed and couldn't come over here? hu? What about that?
  21. Now Mr. Sears and you Mr. Tackett, "this is the last time I'm going over the rules with you about how to play fair"
  22. Very good statement!! As time goes by you will see how much it is. I agree there shouldn't be punishment to kids playing a game. Use your motivation to help come up with a better way and bring your thoughts to light to the KHSAA.
  23. As always I agree!!:thumb: As I stated before everyone from the Adminstrator on down to the head coach knows what the proceedures are and how this can be an issue every year it seems is beyond me.
  24. The school that the kid goes to is responsible for having everything in order before they allow this student play in any kind of sports. All releases from other school have to be in hand and on file. All paperwork from the KHSAA has to be in hand and signed. The KHSAA will send the school the release paper to the school of where the student is now going. If the school doesn't wait for this release then they are at falt. This is why you make sure everything is together before you allow a student to play sports for your school. Especially if they have moved there from another county. Every school knows this, every coach knows this, every adminstrator knows this. How this thing can continue to happen is beyond me.
  25. Your upset at the wrong person or school or whom ever here. JC's at falt here. The very school you are defending. If someone accused me of stealing, I would just prove otherwise. If JC had all their paperwork together and this came up, all they have to do is go get this kids file and show proof. Nothing to it. Well apparently JC can't provide this info. They are the ones you should be asking questions to other than "Who called the KHSAA" "What were their motives for calling". Every coach in the state knows what is needed to be filled out for a student and if they move there then its VERY IMPORTANT that they have all their ducks in a row. Because IF and I mean IF they (JC) didn't have all paperwork in hand then its their falt that this has come to light. Not someones or some other schools falt.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.