Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ray Correll Bowl

Pick (2) two 130 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick (2) two

    • Pulaski over Rockcastle
      30%
    • Rockcastle over Pulaski
      18%
    • Somerset over Southwestern
      19%
    • Southwestern over Somerset
      31%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ray Correll Bowl August 29th at Somerset's Clark Field

Pulaski vs Rockcastle 6:00

Southwestern vs Somerset 8:30

(Start times pending weather)

 

All four team ranked in top 15 of thier respective classes; Pulaski #7 (5A), Rockcastle #13 (4A), Southwestern #11(5A) and Somerset #9 (3A). Should be a great night for local football. How do you see these games going and why?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Soutwestern over Somerset in a close one, it could go either way. I think Southwestern has a little more size up front. Somerset does have a nice young team with some nice speed. In the first game of the night I look for it to be a close contest early on with Pulaski putting them away late. Rock is always sound on both sides of the ball, but I believe Pulaski has to much speed and depth for Rock to handle for four quarters.

What happened to playing the game on a Saturday?

  • Author
What happened to playing the game on a Saturday?

Never heard that it was going to be on Saturday, so I'm not sure.

Never heard that it was going to be on Saturday, so I'm not sure.

 

It was originally set for the 30th and last year it was on a Saturday.

  • Author
It was originally set for the 30th and last year it was on a Saturday.

Well it did end up on Saturday, about 2:30 in the morning, but it did start on Friday last year. Every schedule that I have seen since the spring coming from the team had the Correll Bowl on the 29th.

  • Author

As far as the Pulaski vs Rockcastle game goes, I think Pulaski will win. They might win by a bunch, if Rock hasn't improved dramatically from last years Correll Bowl. Muse is just a Weapon on the field. His ability to make something out of a bad play call or busted play is amazing. I look for Pulaski to come out strong in this game and use their greater team speed to run off with this game.

I look for Rockcastle to play a defense similar to Lincoln Co. that took away Muse's running lanes last year.. Don't know if Rock has the LB's to pull it off but I think they will try to make Muse beat them by throwing the ball.. I think it will be a close game...

  • Author
I look for Rockcastle to play a defense similar to Lincoln Co. that took away Muse's running lanes last year.. Don't know if Rock has the LB's to pull it off but I think they will try to make Muse beat them by throwing the ball.. I think it will be a close game...

You are absolutely correct in what they need to try to do on Defense. I'm just convinced they are as talented as last years Lincoln County squad and therefore could be in for a long night.

 

I really think PC will come out and try to not run Muse. I look for Hines and Abner to get quite a few carries and for Muse to stand in the pocket longer looking to pass, instead of pulling it down and running as much as he did last year. If Rock can force some turnovers and get PC off balance with their own Offense then this could be a good game.

Well I totally screwed up my vote. I only picked one game and checked the wrong box in that one. In the first game I think Pulaski will take care of Rockcastle Co. in a hard fought game 34-22. In the nightcap I think Southwestern will be a little bit bigger and a little more experienced and will nip a game but young bunch of Jumpers 28-21. I hope I'm wrong on that last prediction by the way. :thumb:

It was originally set for the 30th and last year it was on a Saturday.

 

 

The Correll Bowl has always been played on a Friday. However, prior to last season it was played in week 2

What time is the Southwestern & Somerset game scheduled to kick off?

Edited by STRIKE3
to comply with Rule #13

  • Author
What time is the Southwestern & Somerset game scheduled to kick off?

 

Ray Correll Bowl August 29th at Somerset's Clark Field

Pulaski vs Rockcastle 6:00

Southwestern vs Somerset 8:30

(Start times pending weather)

 

Here you go....

Pulaski Co. is going to be the team to beat in the area this year. Rock will give them a game at first, but the Marroons will have too much fire power.

 

Pulaski 35-21

 

Somerset is young, but that won't stop them from giving the Warriors a good game.

 

Southwestern 35-28

 

Good luck to Somerset, Pulaski, and Southwestern this year. Although I am a Jumper fan, I still enjoy seeing all the local programs do well.

I get to be at the games!!!!!!!!! I hope to see all my local friends at the game. PLEASE if you see me come over a say something. I hope these games are what they have been in the past "GREAT GAMES" Looking forward to seeing HS football again. I'll go with PC in the first game and SW in the night cap.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.