Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TubbyCAT

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TubbyCAT

  1. I NEVER said Coach Kelsch was a savior!!! I SIMPLY said that he needed to be hired at BC. For his loyalty to the school and program if nothing else! I think many in the area wish he had gotten the job when the school decided to hire Coach Schultz! If you know anything about coaching positions and applications then you know not getting a job is a big part of the process. All kinds of applicants for one spot, someone has to be turned away! As far as I know Coach Kelsch was in the final 2 at Nicholas County!
  2. Brooks at Mason County would be scary, he can flat-out coach!
  3. AMEN & WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:
  4. Seems like someone who loves playing cards might have it out for Coach Kelsch!!!
  5. Hard to hold against Coach Kelsch responsible b/c St. Pat unfortunately had injuries at a really bad time of the season! You play the cards you are dealt, I figured if anyone knew that it would be a guy w/the name ALL IN!!!
  6. Well it seems to me that Williamstown had a decent season w/8 wins and a loss in the FINALS of the 8th region Class "A"! A 2 point loss to Trimble Co. for a shot to represent your region in the state tourney is a nice run for W-Town! Mason County beat Bracken Co. 36 points and soundly early in the season! To me and to many in the know, know this is not about a game to game comparison of two coaches! It is MUCH deeper than that! As for the loss in the regional, anyone who watched that game and that bench, would have the right to speculate that their was some tension on the bench and that might have cost the Lady Bears down the stretch! I TOTALLY agree w/Big Daddy Bear!! As for my exclamation points ALL IN, here are some more for you: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. She is an amazing player!!!!
  8. I believe the best thing to do is give the job to Patrick Kelsch! A lot of schools do not open up their coaching positions and hire assistants, especially DESERVING assistants like Coach Kelsch! It happened a couple of years ago at Pendleton Co. w/Chad Simms after Buddy Biggs resigned! It happens quite a bit to be honest! Legally the job has to be opened for 30 days, but how the interviews go if any and how the process goes is up to the individual school! The fair thing to do is reward an assistant that has dedicated his efforts and time into this program as much as the two previous head coaches. He knows the program, he has coached in the program for a number of seasons, he knows the region and district, he is well-respected by his peers, he is passionate and VERY knowledgeable, has a good relationship w/the players, lives in the county, loves the game! This is a chance for the Bracken Co. administration to get it right: AD, Principal, Superintendent, etc.. They have the opportunity to do the right thing and reward an employee that has been loyal and will be dedicated to his craft. Yes, he did interview for another head coaching job last year and was a finalist for that position. All assistants look to move up the ladder to be their own boss! This is not about former coaches and what they did or did not do. This is about doing right now and hiring Coach Kelsch!
  9. Where is the Cooper from, in memory of whom or what?
  10. GIVE THE JOB TO KELSCH AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Well if Bracken County is letting Coach Schultz go and they do not hire Coach Patrick Kelsch, then they are doing their girls basketball program a major disservice!The administration has a chance to get it right and do the right thing, I hope they do!
  12. First Round 1-Lexington Catholic 1-Central 1-J-Town 1-Holmes 1-South Laurel 1-Lincoln County 1-Paducah Tilghman 1-Mason County Second Round 2-Lexington Catholic 2-Holmes 2-Lincoln County 2-Mason County Semi-Finals 3-Holmes 3-Mason County Finals 5-MASON COUNTY TB-146 :dancingpa
  13. I stand corrected about the number of female HC 's at Bracken Co. Like I mentioned earlier I did not know that Millie Reule had coached, sorry for that! As for what Bracken Co. should do w/the job: VERY SIMPLE, HIRE PATRICK T. KELSCH! He has been heavily involved w/this program for several seasons. He has worked under two HC's (Wolfzorn & Schultz) at Bracken Co. and was an assistant at Augusta for one season and has also coached the JH girls at Bracken Co. Middle School for a few seasons! He has put the time in, knows the game, is very passionate, is a motivator and a communicator. I really think he would make an excellent HC if the job becomes available!
  14. I enjoyed it very much, BEAUTIFUL facility!
  15. I never knew Millie Reule was head coach at Bracken?
  16. I would probable disagree with some of these statements about Coach Schultz! Great player in HAS and college, done a decent job as a HC, but she has help along the way w/all she has been doing w/these girls that is for sure. Yes, Coach Kelsch interviewed for the Bracken job, but that was never going to any other coach once Coach Schultz applied for the job, it was open and shut at that point. She was getting the job and would become the first female HC at Bracken Co. He was a finalist for the NCHS job as far as I knew. This is no slight towards Molly Schultz, I just think Patrick Kelsch would do a better job being the HC at Bracken Co. I hope Molly nothing but the very best!
  17. Kristy Orem would be a very interesting choice and I think she would do an OUTSTANDING job if she was to be hired! If they hire from outside the system then I think she would be the perfect choice. Would love to see her back in the 10th region! If Ray Kues was interested and applied for the position then the job would have to be his, hands down--he is that good. I would love to see what he could do w/the resources at a big school like Mason County. I would be very surprised to see Kues interested in this at this stage of his career. He seems very content and happy at Silver Grove. If they stay w/in the system I think Jason Butler would make an excellent choice and would be a very welcomed addition to the head coaching ranks of the 10th region! He has all the necessary tools to be a successful coach. Plus, you just gotta love Coach Butler's hair cut!:thumb:
  18. Mason County by 7 points and ruins the Indians first year of hosting the regional! It is a BEAUTIFUL facility!
  19. Pretty sure it is only one technical regardless of the number of violations!
  20. Actually the state has something to do w/the mandating of gym size!
  21. Coach Kelsch should be the Head Coach at Bracken County, no doubt about that! He should have been given the job when Coach Schultz got it a couple of seasons ago, he was and is more deserving.
  22. Great game between BCHS/CCHS!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.