Everything posted by WishboneCity
-
Southwestern vs. Harlan County Predictions/Updates
5A Harlan County (0-5) at 5A #8 Southwestern (3-2) Radio: Lake Cumberland Sports 5A District 8 is in action for the second week in a row on Friday. This will be the first meeting between these two teams since 2018. Everything on paper points to Southwestern rolling. Does anyone expect anything different?
-
South Oldham at Woodford County Predictions/Updates
At the start of the season I would’ve said Woodford by a lot; but today I’m not sure. Coach Sams deserves a lot of credit. This is a job many people didn’t want to take because of the district.
-
Southwestern 28 North Laurel 0
NL’s defense is very good—it was just hung out to dry often tonight. Southwestern is finding their footing.
-
Southwestern vs. North Laurel Predictions/Updates
Both teams with an ugly half. Multiple fumbles, multiple arm punts, turnovers on downs, penalties, etc. The NL defense is real.
-
Franklin County at Shelby County Predictions/Updates
Bizarre week in Rocketville, I’m afraid. A confrontation between the Shelby County staff/players and North Oldham staff/players was posted to Twitter this week. I’m unsure if that will have any implication for tonight.
-
Southwestern vs. North Laurel Predictions/Updates
I’m inclined to agree with you that Southwestern wins. However, North Laurel has kept it within a score against teams of comparable skill and talent. I think if Southwestern manages to clock the Jaguars tonight, it is clear that the Warriors are a heck-of-a lot better than they were in Week 1.
-
Saint Xavier vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates
That would be a fun prospect considering that it would be a sellout in a bowl stadium. However, Racing Louisville is in the middle of their season in September so I doubt they would want anything extra on that playing surface. Heck, they care about that grass so much they illuminate about a mile of I64 when they put those infrared lights on it at night—that can't be cheap.
-
Adair County vs. Glasgow Predictions/Updates
This is the closest these two teams have been since the 90s. I like Adair County in a dogfight.
-
Franklin County at Shelby County Predictions/Updates
Franklin County's scores are peculiar. It doesn't seem like they have the ability to put anyone away. They are bound to get snuck up on and beaten by an inferior opponent before the season is over, but I'm not quite sure Shelby County will be the team to do it. However, I've watched Shelby's RB Gianni Hunter and he is legit. If the Rockets want to win it'll be on his shoulders. This is a weird one and is liable to be closer than most people would think...
-
South Warren at Greenwood Predictions/Updates
I totally agree. South Warren should move the ball at will through the air.
-
Southwestern vs. North Laurel Predictions/Updates
5A #10 North Laurel (2-2) at 5A #8 Southwestern (2-2) CalPreps Projection: Southwestern 21 North Laurel 7 Stream: Lake Cumberland Sports Radio: Lake Cumberland Sports We have a 5A district 8 contest between two top 10 teams on Friday! North Laurel enters the game with a .500 record with one-possession losses to both Bell County and Franklin County and wins over Madison Central and Whitley County. The Jaguars are anchored by their defense that has only given up 46 points on the season—the best mark in 5A. Southwestern enters the game on a two game winning streak with a gritty victory at Belfry and a drumming of Mercer County. The Warriors have scored at least 27 points in all four of their games this season as their offense looks to be their strong suit. Something has got to give this week. Will Southwestern's offense carry them to their 5th straight win against the Jags? Or will the North Laurel defense propel them to a milestone district win?
-
Manual 38 South Warren 35
Do you have any idea if they make exceptions on their academic requirement for potential athletes/performing artists?
-
Manual 38 South Warren 35
Isn’t Manual also a magnet school that has the most rigorous application program in the state?
-
Southwestern 42 Mercer County 7
I have watched both of these teams multiple times this season. I really thought this game would be closer. I think that Southwestern is becoming the team many people thought they were before the season started.
-
Mercer County vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
21-0 SW at halftime. Mercer has had their chances though. This one isn’t over yet.
-
Simon Kenton at Conner Predictions/Updates
"While in the process of substitution, Team A is prohibited from rushing quickly to the line of scrimmage and snapping."--NFHS Rules No direct wording, which is why I imagine you get some weird applications of this rule—if any at all.
-
Frederick Douglass at Corbin Predictions/Updates
Corbin is treating this like a very big deal. This also appears to me to be the most diverse media coverage for a game in Kentucky that I can remember for a while. For that reason I really hope they pull it out. However, I think FD's horses are a bit too much. Overall, I hope this one lives up to the hype!
-
Ballard at George Rogers Clark Predictions/Updates
GRC is head and shoulders better than Montgomery and Madison Central—like not even a question. I encourage you to watch them play. And I seriously believe they will have a punchers chance this week and against Bryan Station. They may not win those games, but I can assure you they will have a shot. They are a top-half team in 5A; and in my opinion that is no paper tiger.
-
Ballard at George Rogers Clark Predictions/Updates
Respectfully disagree. Ballard probably wins this game, but I don't think a team that 30-pieced Belfry three weeks ago is a paper tiger.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 9/11
I agree. From top to bottom this class is stacked. 1-4 all have a legitimate claim that they are the best team in the class. North Laurel plays such a weird brand of slow-it-down football that they will almost certainly drag some good teams into deep water. Looking outside the top 10, Dixie is a team that IMO can beat anyone if a couple balls bounce their way.
-
Mercer County vs. Southwestern Predictions/Updates
5A Southwestern (1-2) at 3A Mercer County (4-0) (Whitaker Bank Game) CalPreps Projection: Mercer County 28 Southwestern 27 Stream: Hometown Live Radio (Facebook) OR HypedUp.Tv (Facebook) Radio: Lake Cumberland Sports Mercer County enters the game with an unblemished 4-0 record including a Week One win against Taylor County— a victory that is aging very well. Southwestern is coming off their first win of the season on the road against a solid Belfry team. This game should be much closer than people would have imagined a few weeks ago. Does Mercer County finish Friday night undefeated, or does Southwestern play spoiler?
-
Male vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates
Give me Male in a close one. If there’s a rematch I think Trinity wins. This is a total coin toss.
-
Somerset at Campbellsville Predictions/Updates
Game of the week for me. I like Campbellsville at home in close one.
-
George Rogers Clark 48 Henry Clay 27
Surprised with this score. I still believe in GRC, though. I think they are very solid.
-
Southwestern 27 Belfry 20
SW wins a very grimy one. Apparently there was a weird ruling on a scoop and score for the Warriors. Maybe @MorrowManiac can tell us more? Southwestern draws a formidable Mercer County next week while Belfry gets Pikeville.