Saint Xavier vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/23/2023 at 12:00 AM

Saint Xavier (3-1) is coming off a 31-21 loss to  Elder (OH). Trinity (2-3) is coming off a 37-20 loss to Male. The game will be at L&N Stadium home of University of Louisville on Friday at 8:00 pm. Trinity leads the all time series 48-40-2 while St. X has won two in a row.

Last year, St. X won 13-8.

Common opponent:

St. X 20 Male 10

Male 37 Trinity 20

I think this game comes down to can Trinity keep the St. X passing attack in check and can St. X keep the Trinity rushing attack in check after giving up 305 yds rushing to Elder. In a rivalry game anything can happen because both teams will be extra motivated to win this despite what win/loss records are. 

Does St. X make it three in a row or does Trinity get win 49 in the series? 

🐅🐅🐅 vs. ☘️☘️☘️

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fatsnbul said:

Does this game really need to be played at L&N Stadium anymore? I think both school stadiums can handle the crowd and the atmosphere inside would be much better.

If you want to accommodate everyone that wants to go then campus stadiums aren't big enough. If it's a playoff game which are usually less attended then will be at campus stadium. They also have to hit a attendance figure to break even for cost of L&N Stadium but not sure exactly what that number is. Must be hitting that figure or wouldn't keep having it there.

16 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

If you want to accommodate everyone that wants to go then campus stadiums aren't big enough. If it's a playoff game which are usually less attended then will be at campus stadium. They also have to hit a attendance figure to break even for cost of L&N Stadium but not sure exactly what that number is. Must be hitting that figure or wouldn't keep having it there.

I’ve been to this game in every decade from the 70s on.

I've seen it at the Fairgrounds and at Papa Johns. I’ve seen as many as 35,000 in there.

It seems to have lost a little of its luster but there isn’t another place in the City that could hold the crowd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Last year, the attendance was 16,884.

I saw ticket prices are 10.00, 15.00, and 20.00. Majority of tickets sold are the 10.00 and 15.00. With similar attendance as last year, tickets sales probably gross around 200,000. Weather is sometimes a factor in crowd size but forecast looks good.

24 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I’ve never been to an X/T regular season game. Can you buy tickets at the gate or must it be in advance? I assume all the regular stadium parking is available?

I know each school is selling tickets online so I assume no sales at game. Some parking lots they are selling passes. I believe the big purple lot you have to pay attendant when arrive.

• Thanks 1