Adair County vs. Glasgow Predictions/Updates

ACfan4

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2023 at 11:00 PM

A huge 3A district game Friday night in Columbia this week between the 5-0 Scotties and 4-1 Indians. Glasgow took down rival Barren County 36-35 last week while Adair rolled Monroe County 50-28. Here are some player stats to know of coming into this game

- QB Lane Grant for Adair 173 ypg passing, 126 ypg rushing

- Easton Jessie QB for Glasgow 168 ypg passing 12 TDS 0 INT, also has 4 rushing TDS

Some good receivers in this one

-Solomon Stonebraker 97 ypg with 4 TDS, Aiden Smith 54 ypg with 5 TDS

-Rico Crowder and Jerrick Martin for Glasgow have combined for over 100 ypg receiving and 8 TDS

-Defensively Glasgow has 10 team sacks and 8 interceptions

-Adair does not get many sacks but have 9 interceptions including 4 from Smith and 3 from Stonebraker

-Rushing wise Grant does most of it for Adair, with 2 other RB's sprinkled in, Glasgow is more RB by committee

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Adair County vs. Glasgow Predictions/Updates

I think Glasgow will be ready this week. I feel like they thought last week would be a breeze and Barren put up a fight. Barren kept Glasgow’s offense off the field by playing slow and deliberately running the ball a lot. I don’t feel like AC plays like that so Glasgow will have more opportunities and I predict they win 35-21.

2 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I think Glasgow will be ready this week. I feel like they thought last week would be a breeze and Barren put up a fight. Barren kept Glasgow’s offense off the field by playing slow and deliberately running the ball a lot. I don’t feel like AC plays like that so Glasgow will have more opportunities and I predict they win 35-21.

Not sure about that as Barren threw for 154 while Glasgow threw for only 38 yds on 3 completions.  The Scottie pass defense has always been suspect and this game could end in a mild upset if Stonebraker and crew get the passing game going.

I can't speak for Adair County, but Glasgow has a strong running game and a decent passing game if their receivers are on point.  Their pass defense could be in trouble if Adair's QB is able to go off.  This game should be a good gauge to see where the district is likely to sit at the end of the year.  I suspect Franklin Simpson will come out on top, but Adair playing them close kind of put them on my radar up there with Glasgow and Hart.

18 hours ago, BillNye said:

Not sure about that as Barren threw for 154 while Glasgow threw for only 38 yds on 3 completions.  The Scottie pass defense has always been suspect and this game could end in a mild upset if Stonebraker and crew get the passing game going.

Most of that was on two broken plays it seems like Glasgow has good coverage guys when they are actually covering they have several interceptions this year but they can’t keep having these busted coverages where no one is within 15 yards of a receiver. It seems as if everyone is sold on Adair being great and they might very well be but they’ve played a FS team that’s a shell of what it was when they won back to back championships and a bunch of cupcakes but you guys seem like you think they are great so I guess we will see Friday. But I will tell you this they better be able to score because they gave up a bunch of points to Monroe and I assure you Glasgow’s offense is a lot better than Monroe’s.

7 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

I’m not big on Adair County but it’d be hard to choose the Scotties after a 1 point double OT win against Barren County.

I’ll take the Indians at home in a close one, 40-34.

This.

I'm not "big" on Adair County either. Glasgow should have the athletes and experience to win this. The game last week just didn't resonate well with me. If that kind of performance travels with them to Columbia it's hard to see them pulling it out.

2 minutes ago, BillNye said:

This.

I'm not "big" on Adair County either. Glasgow should have the athletes and experience to win this. The game last week just didn't resonate well with me. If that kind of performance travels with them to Columbia it's hard to see them pulling it out.

Sometimes teams have off games Glasgow beat Larue, Monroe and Allen worse than anyone on their schedules have. It’s just hard for me to forget Adair’s coach brought Casey in last year already having won the district and Glasgow hung 64 on them.

4 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Sometimes teams have off games Glasgow beat Larue, Monroe and Allen worse than anyone on their schedules have. It’s just hard for me to forget Adair’s coach brought Casey in last year already having won the district and Glasgow hung 64 on them.

Barren is the best team Glasgow has played.  I don't know what happened when Barren lost to Monroe, maybe they had an 'off' game.  As far as what Adair's coach did last year at Casey, he did beat Taylor and Hart, which is something Glasgow did not do.  My guess is he had the district won and was getting people healthy for the playoffs and still put up 34 points.  He also won a playoff game.

I think Glasgow wins as they have more talent, but 2 things make me leery.  The Glasgow-Barren score and the Franklin-Adair score. 

This is a fun game right here!  Good points in this thread too!

I personally think the Barren v Glasgow game was a melting pot of these items:

-  Barren County was told how great they were in a 7-6 knife-fight against a disappointing Warren East squad at home.

- They then get worked by 3 scores against a middle of the road 2A squad Monroe County.

- So Barren County was ready last Friday.  The Glasgow game is Barren County's Super Bowl across their community.  The Trojans aren't going far in the playoffs.  This is THE big game in Barren County and they didn't want to get embarrassed.  They played very hard and the score showed that.

- Glasgow rose to that challenge, but took a while to do so, but that's rivalry games where anything can happen.

Adair County is a good football team.  They are balanced on offense.  I like that; at nearly 1,000 yards rushing and passing.  Adair Co QB Lane Grant is a good high school QB and he can run too as he's the leading rusher for the Indians by over 400 yards compared to the next closest rusher.

I think playing in Columbia matters.  It matters more to Adair than Glasgow IMO.

All that to say, I just feel Glasgow has more athletes that will be difficult to stop in the second half.

If QB Grant gets hot for the Indians, it will be a shootout.  But Glasgow has only given up roughly 600 yards passing through 5 games, so I don't think they are a very poor defensive pass unit.  But we will see.

Glasgow 35

Adair 28

• Like 3

The poll for this game is very tight, however, the BGP Pick 5 is a landslide for Glasgow.

Makes for an interesting game tonight.

If Hart County is what everyone says they are, the loser of this game could potentially be staring the four seed straight in the face. Tough draw for the opposite district one seed playing either of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BillNye said:

The poll for this game is very tight, however, the BGP Pick 5 is a landslide for Glasgow.

Makes for an interesting game tonight.

If Hart County is what everyone says they are, the loser of this game could potentially be staring the four seed straight in the face. Tough draw for the opposite district one seed playing either of them.

I believe you got your days mixed up this game is tomorrow night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1