Everything posted by FSWildcatFan34
-
Will McCoy named head boys basketball coach at Franklin Simpson
Had some pretty solid Greenwood teams that I think got overshadowed by the fact BG and Central own the 14th district. I like the hire and think it will be a positive reset for the program! Coach Taylor has the girls program operating at a high level, hope to see Coach McCoy do the same for the boys!
-
2026 Clark’s Pump-N-Shop Girls’ Basketball Sweet 16®
I see why GRC is so good, they are just allowed to foul you the entire time knowing the refs won’t call every single thing
-
Franklin-Simpson 60 Barren County 56 OT (4th Region Championship)
Franklin-Simpson goes back to back in the 4th Region with a gutsy overtime win over Barren County, who was 31-2 prior to tonight. The Lady Cats were lead by JR Allye Pennington who had 31 points, scoring 18 of those in the 4th Quarter and OT. She also surpassed 2000 career points tonight as well.
-
Franklin Simpson at Warren East Predictions/Updates
I think this game might be a bit closer than expected, but I do think FS will probably pull away late. Really liked how FS competed against PT last week, especially on defense, even if PT pulled away late. If FS keeps up the good play they’ve had the last few weeks, I think FS will win win 49-21. I do think East might get a big TD or 2 to keep it respectable.
-
Franklin Simpson at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
Franklin played this game a lot closer than the score will make it look. Just couldn’t make the plays when needed
-
Class 4A Playoffs: 4A Franklin-Simpson at 4A #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins Predictions
I think somehow, FS makes enough plays to steal a win here. 24-21 FS
-
Franklin-Simpson 56 Allen County-Scottsville 20
Thank You! Kinda confusing when it happened.
-
Franklin-Simpson 56 Allen County-Scottsville 20
Anyone know why there was a personal foul fest on ACS in the 2nd half? Took a very long time to sort out. Just wondering if anyone knew.
-
Franklin-Simpson 48 Warren East 21
First half was ALL Franklin-Simpson. The Wildcats went into halftime leading 34-7. However, kudos to Warren East for not backing down made it a 20 point game at one point, however, FS didn't allow that to last very long at all as on the ensuing kickoff, Stutzman returned it for a TD. If I remember correctly, FS forced 6 WE turnovers compared to 1 for FS. Overall, in a very wet game, FS showed why they continue to be king of district 2. On to Glasgow!!!
-
Franklin-Simpson 56 Warren Central 0
Franklin-Simpson looked like it got some of its injured players back tonight. Warren Central didn't look terrible, however, its clear Franklin was just better. Good win! Time to focus on Warren East!
-
Hopkinsville 21 Logan County 6
Very sloppy game for both teams. A lot of turnovers, especially for Logan County. Even a few botched punts. Also, I don't think LC was prepared for Hopkinsvilles' physicality. Fun game for a Thursday night.
-
Greenwood 28 Franklin-Simpson 14
Hats off to Greenwood, best I've seen them play in a long time. The Gators seemed ready for the challenge and from the first snap, you could tell FS would have to play a good game to win. This season could compare to 2017 with the "poor" start and really good finish. Lots of mental mistakes and you could tell some of the younger starters really struggled at times. It doesn't get easier with Meade County next week. Gators are gonna be a team to keep an eye on the rest of the season!
- 4A #4 Franklin-Simpson vs. 5A Greenwood Predictions/Updates
-
Maxpreps Kentucky top 25
Yeah, once I saw this, I looked into it and realized they go off Calpreps. Still interesting to look at.
-
Maxpreps Kentucky top 25
I saw this list on social media and thought that y'all should see it. 1. Christian Academy-Louisville 2. South Warren 3. Covington Catholic 4. Frederick Douglass 5. Male 6. Boyle County 7. Trinity 8. Franklin-Simpson 9. Scott County 10. Mayfield 11. Highlands 12. Butler 13. North Hardin 14. Johnson Central 15. Beechwood 16. Corbin 17. DeSales 18. St. Xavier 19. Pulaski County 20. Belfry 21. Ashland Blazer 22. Ballard 23. South Oldham 24. Bowling Green 25. Simon Kenton Here is a link to the rankings on Max Preps: Kentucky High School Football Rankings - MaxPreps Very interesting rankings indeed.
-
BluegrassPreps Pre-Season Football Rankings - Class 5A
How much does South Warren lose from last season?
-
Pikeville Schedule Video
Inspired by Mississippi State's creative use of releasing their 2020 football schedule, Pikeville did the same for their 2019 schedule and I'll admit, it got a few chuckles from me. Twitter
-
Bowling Green - 2019 Schedule
That's cool. I have heard great stories from FS-BG games back in the day and its disappointing that they don't play anymore. I would love to see FS-BG back playing each other, especially since FS has really increased its level of play by winning and going to State Championship games since the series ended. Thanks for the answers!
-
Bowling Green - 2019 Schedule
Kinda off-topic, but does anyone know why Franklin-Simpson and BG no longer play? I have heard from both sides that its "well FS doesn't want to play BG" and vice versa, but I feel like there is more to the story than that. Is there a reason in the first place? I wasn't living in Franklin the last time FS-BG played so I don't know. Also, a question for BG fans, would you rather play FS than Warren Central(IN) or FS?
-
Franklin-Simpson - 2019 Schedule
I figured they could be manually controlled. Love the improvements they have taken to improve Shadetree Stadium the last few years. Hopefully, a new scoreboard is in the works for the future.
-
Franklin-Simpson - 2019 Schedule
Noticed that they were putting those in the last few days and they were on when I drove by last night. Holy Crap those suckers are BRIGHT.
- BGP QOTD: Which football game are you looking forward to the most in 2019?
-
Remembering Jared Lorenzen
I'm legitimately heartbroken over the news of his passing. I still can't believe it. RIP Hefty Lefty, God definitely got a good one today.
- Preseason 4A Rankings
-
South Warren 7 Franklin-Simpson 5
Final. South Warren scores 6 runs in the top of the 7th to come back and win after being down 3-1 most of the game.