Franklin-Simpson - 2019 Schedule

8/23/19 vs. Greenwood

8/30/19 vs. Meade County

9/6/19 at South Warren

9/13/19 at Battle Ground Academy (TN)

9/20/19 vs. Russellville

9/27/19 at Allen County-Scottsville (District)

10/4/19 at Russell County (District)

BYE

10/18/19 vs. Warren Central (District)

10/25/19 vs. Warren East (District)

11/1/19 at Glasgow

First time I’d seen this. Basically swapped out Elizabethtown and Monroe County for BGA and Russell County.

I went to BGA when FS played there in 2013. One of the best high school facilities I’ve ever been to. Also cool to hear the radio voice of the Tennessee Titans, Mike Keith, doing their PA announcing.

First time I’d seen this. Basically swapped out Elizabethtown and Monroe County for BGA and Russell County.

I went to BGA when FS played there in 2013. One of the best high school facilities I’ve ever been to. Also cool to hear the radio voice of the Tennessee Titans, Mike Keith, doing their PA announcing.

Is that an upgrade in your mind? I've never heard of Battle Ground Academy before. Just the name alone sounds intimidating.

Is that an upgrade in your mind? I've never heard of Battle Ground Academy before. Just the name alone sounds intimidating.

Russell County is a district game so FS obviously has to play them. Probably about the same caliber as Monroe County. BGA was runner-up in Tennessee’s private school class 2A. They are not as good as the likes of Brentwood Academy or Montgomery Bell Academy, but they are well above average. Calpreps has them ranked number 22 in Tennessee and 1582 in the nation. For comparison, Owensboro was ranked 1533 and Bowling Green was ranked 1613. I’d say they are a decent upgrade from Elizabethtown if they are as good as usual.

• 5 months later...
Yes, they are very bright. About 40% brighter than the old lights. They are controlled by a cell phone app. They can be turned off/on or dimmed individually from the phone.

I love the tech part of it macdon, thanks for sharing.

Battle Ground Academy (BGA) is definitely a step up in competition from E-town. They play in the TN Div II which are private schools that recruit athletes and award athletic scholarships. Last year they were Runner Up to Christ Presbyterian Academy (14-0) in their division.

BGA has won six State Championships and been Runner Up four times. The facilities, like most of the privates around Nashville, are impressive. It will be a challenge for FS especially early in the season.