Greenwood 28 Franklin-Simpson 14

In the first quarter it felt like FS would cruise to another win. Credit to Greenwood, they made some adjustments on both sides of the ball after that and dominated the second half. FS fumbled inside their own 20 twice, but Greenwood turned it over twice in the red zone so that pretty much evened out. Haven’t seen the stats but it seemed like Greenwood outgained FS at least 2 to 1, maybe 3 to 1. They converted several third and longs also.

I can’t remember a Gator team that looked that talented. The QB, Wingback #4 and #77 and #99 on the defensive line were fantastic. They’re in a brutal district, but they should win quite a few games this year. Hats off to Greenwood.

The Wildcats have several new starters. The talent seems to be there, but they made some mistakes tonight. Recent history shows though that FS learns from these losses and improves when it matters most.

Hats off to Greenwood, best I've seen them play in a long time. The Gators seemed ready for the challenge and from the first snap, you could tell FS would have to play a good game to win. This season could compare to 2017 with the "poor" start and really good finish. Lots of mental mistakes and you could tell some of the younger starters really struggled at times. It doesn't get easier with Meade County next week. Gators are gonna be a team to keep an eye on the rest of the season!

I have to say I'm with the group on this one, too. Surprising outcome. But FSFan hit the nail on the head in his last paragraph. F-S always seems to learn and get it together as the season moves on.

In the first quarter it felt like FS would cruise to another win. Credit to Greenwood, they made some adjustments on both sides of the ball after that and dominated the second half. FS fumbled inside their own 20 twice, but Greenwood turned it over twice in the red zone so that pretty much evened out. Haven’t seen the stats but it seemed like Greenwood outgained FS at least 2 to 1, maybe 3 to 1. They converted several third and longs also.

I can’t remember a Gator team that looked that talented. The QB, Wingback #4 and #77 and #99 on the defensive line were fantastic. They’re in a brutal district, but they should win quite a few games this year. Hats off to Greenwood.

The Wildcats have several new starters. The talent seems to be there, but they made some mistakes tonight. Recent history shows though that FS learns from these losses and improves when it matters most.

I looked at Greenwood’s roster on the KHSAA website. The QB is John Morrison. The wingback #4 is David Odom. Defensive lineman #99 is Jonathan Gornik, who also had 2 TD runs. They are all juniors. #77 is Edward Mansa, a sophomore. They had several other good players as well but they were the ones who caught my attention. In looking at their schedule, I would not be surprised if they entered the Bowling Green game with a 7-0 record.

In looking at their schedule, I would not be surprised if they entered the Bowling Green game with a 7-0 record.
This was a great win by Greenwood, but maybe Franklin Simpson is down this year much more than previously thought.