Everything posted by maysvilleky
-
GHSA brings on private investigator and proposes controversial rule to limit transfer
If they made it 1/2 season regardless of reason for transfer, then there would be no subjectivity and no law suits.
-
Metal cleats
Not sure why they allow them for H.S. play? Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think rubber cleats are much safer for all concerned. Rubber cleats and face guards are the 2 things I think should be mandated by KHSAA IMO.
-
Girls Sweet 16 to Rupp Arena
If they do only lower arena seating initially (and only open the top if necessary) I don't see it being any different than playing at a 10,000 seat facility.
-
Mason County Girls Dethrone Highlands in 10th Region
Had to fight the weather all week, but the Mason girls battled through it. Got to thank Coach Faul and Coach Boone for allowing my daughter to split time between Softball and Tennis. It's not easy working things out with her scheduling. Thanks guys.
-
39th District Meeting
If I read this correctly, they are changing the district site voting to a 2/3rds majority rather than everyone. So is that in response to the 39th district issue? Directed that the competition rules be amended in baseball, basketball, soccer, softball and volleyball to require a 2/3 majority vote of those currently competing in the district tournament regarding future site selection.
-
KHSAA Board of Control addresses Championship sites for Football, Girls Hoops, Dance
So Softball and Baseball start later. But I assume the number of games didn't change so will this lead to teams playing more tourneys or triads during the weekends to get games in? Also...I thought there was talk of tennis being moved to a fall sport, but it doesn't look like that was addressed.
-
Austin Crawford recruitment (Bracken County - 2017)
I think it's pretty much the same staff that was in place after they released Sean Woods. The interim guy did a pretty good job so they removed the interim tag. It means they've likely seen Crawford in person and felt he was worth it to see if he could handle the level of competition. Congrats.
-
Jared Wellman transfers to GRC
GRC girls certainly took advantage of the transfers. Maybe the boys are hoping for the same.
-
Mason County Grad Ryan Hamm
Would love to see him get a HC position. Congrats Hammer.
-
Rules Question
Clyde...Isn't the hand considered part of the bat so if she swings and the ball goes foul, shouldn't it be a foul ball even though it hit her hand? I agree if it were to hit an arm or another part of the body it would be strike three.
-
2017/2018 10th Region
I could only see two girls from Scott named in a post (#24). So if it's either of those, it's a big blow for Scott and a great add for Campbell if the girl is eligible (which most likely will be).
-
Mykasa Robinson Commits
If true that would be very nice additions to the UK program.
-
How do we measure success of high school coaches?
Danny Weddle had a link to this article and I thought it might be a food for thought item. COLUMN: How do we measure success of high school coaches? | Web | Kentucky New Era I agree that H.S. Sports is being more and more driven by wins and losses.
-
Which players have benefited the most from their Sweet 16 appearances?
Just FYI...It wasn't just UK and UofL that was missing on Chris Lofton. If it wasn't for UT, Chris most likely would have been at a MAC school.
-
Scott 77 Harlan County 65 (KHSAA Sweet 16 First Round)
Ohmer is amazing. If he was 4 - 5 inches taller he'd be high D1 IMO.
-
KHSAA Sweet 16 First Round: Scott High/Harlan County Updates
I think he was listed at 5'8" in the 10th Region newspaper handout. He has uncanny ability to finish at the rim with contact.
-
Erin Boley inducted in to the Kentucky High School Basketball Hall of Fame
I thought players had a waiting period. Guess not. Congrats to Ms. Boley.
-
Mercer County 85 Franklin County 71 (Sweet Sixteen Championship)
11/22 on threes...That's a big part of their game. If they hit that percentage they obviously are tough to beat. Congrats.
-
Mercer County 58 George Rogers Clark 47 (Sweet Sixteen Quarter-Final)
Murray has a lot of quickness. I'm taking Murray in an upset.
-
Mercer County/George Rogers Clark (Sweet Sixteen Quarter-Final) updates
Thanks LB...looks like GRC needed another ball handler to help with pressure? Or was it other types of turnovers late?
-
Girls state tournament bracket
IMO...Simon Kenton is looking really good in the bottom half.
-
Stay at NKU or return to WKU?
I haven't been to NKU this year. Is the community support greater this year? Last year, you could hardly tell there was a State Tournament going on. I think Community support is a key to making this a bigger event. For girls basketball I don't think you have a large number of casual walk in fans, so the teams involved will determine most of the crowds. The more the teams, coaches, referees, KHSAA personnel, etc. feel appreciated by the community is what I think will determine where the tourney will be played.
-
2017 Sweet 16 PREMIUM MEMBERS Basketball Contest - Cash Prize
1- Scott County 1- Bowling Green 1- Harlan 1- Perry County Central 1- Elliott County 1- Cooper 1- Ballard 1- Fern Creek 2- Scott Co. 2- Harlan 2- Cooper 2- Fern Creek 3- Scott Co. 3- Fern Creek 5- Scott Co. TB- 136
-
KY High School Basketball Book: You Ask The Author Questions
Great insight...Thank you. Question...At Taylor County...With transfers coming in, did you see any reaction from the players that were already there (home grown) as the new players (transfers) took the playing time? Was there any reaction from the parents of the home grown kids?
-
Stay at NKU or return to WKU?
I would love to see it at Memorial. I think parking would be the problem.