Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Metal cleats

Featured Replies

What's the rule on these?

Last night against Grant Co. marked the 2nd year in a row one of our players "sliced open" a Braves player on a steal.

Don't wear on turf fields. That how my daughter blew her knee out.

  • Author

I saw the pictures of that one

Not sure why they allow them for H.S. play? Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think rubber cleats are much safer for all concerned.

 

Rubber cleats and face guards are the 2 things I think should be mandated by KHSAA IMO.

Last night against Grant Co. marked the 2nd year in a row one of our players "sliced open" a Braves player on a steal.

 

Not sure the player from Grant Co. felt good about the "sliced open" reference. Not sure how bad it was, sometimes things like this could end a season for a player.

 

I hope she ended up being ok and the injury was not too bad. I also hope the player doing the "slicing" as you put it is ok also. Sometimes seeing something like that is as traumatic to the player that is not hurt, to see a open wound that the player may have created is tough.

 

Hope both are ok.

Not sure the player from Grant Co. felt good about the "sliced open" reference. Not sure how bad it was, sometimes things like this could end a season for a player.

 

I hope she ended up being ok and the injury was not too bad. I also hope the player doing the "slicing" as you put it is ok also. Sometimes seeing something like that is as traumatic to the player that is not hurt, to see a open wound that the player may have created is tough.

 

Hope both are ok.

 

Grant Co. player was a little shakin up, as was DLG 2.0 who was the one who slid into her. It was a freak play with ZERO intent. Grant Co player required 12 stitches and will be able to return for Districts.

 

I'm not a big fan of high school GIRLS wearing metal cleats.......MAJORITY of them have zero clue of proper sliding technics, no matter how much you try to get into their heads.

Grant Co. player was a little shakin up, as was DLG 2.0 who was the one who slid into her. It was a freak play with ZERO intent. Grant Co player required 12 stitches and will be able to return for Districts.

 

I'm not a big fan of high school GIRLS wearing metal cleats.......MAJORITY of them have zero clue of proper sliding technics, no matter how much you try to get into their heads.

 

If you don't like them, why do you let your kids wear them?

If you don't like them, why do you let your kids wear them?

 

I'm not the one getting "sliced 'n diced", so not my problem.

 

J/K

 

Until the KHSAA outlaws them, I can only encourage them NOT to wear them. Most wear them because they think it's cool how they sound when they walk on concrete in the dugout......GIRLS!

 

Chicks dig the long ball, and the sound of metal on concrete. :lol2:

I'm not the one getting "sliced 'n diced", so not my problem.

 

J/K

 

Until the KHSAA outlaws them, I can only encourage them NOT to wear them. Most wear them because they think it's cool how they sound when they walk on concrete in the dugout......GIRLS!

 

Chicks dig the long ball, and the sound of metal on concrete. :lol2:

 

So I assume you have several old pair on your trophy shelf next to all those home run balls ? :clap:

:lol:

So I assume you have several old pair on your trophy shelf next to all those home run balls ? :clap:

That was wrong on a different level! FUNNY but WRONG sorry LB :lol:

I think they should be banned. They aren't necessary and are dangerous.

I'm not the one getting "sliced 'n diced", so not my problem.

 

J/K

 

Until the KHSAA outlaws them, I can only encourage them NOT to wear them. Most wear them because they think it's cool how they sound when they walk on concrete in the dugout......GIRLS!

 

Chicks dig the long ball, and the sound of metal on concrete. :lol2:

 

:rolleyes:

 

You're quite the walking contradiction. You throw your hands up and say GIRLS and then turn around and pander to them because they are GIRLS.

:rolleyes:

 

You're quite the walking contradiction. You throw your hands up and say GIRLS and then turn around and pander to them because they are GIRLS.

 

Coaching girls for this long will do that to a person. LOL

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.