Everything posted by SnottieDrippen
-
Shot Clock?
Are we resetting the full length of the clock on every offensive rebound? I mean, give me the proposal before I draw conclusions. Not you two in particular, just wanted to give credit to the inspiration. I went back and looked at MY comments on the two most recent threads on the subject and saw a shift from adamantly opposed, to finding myself almost arguing in favor of it. Either way, unless this is funded by KHSAA/NFHS fully, I will remain opposed. Admittedly, I don’t think it would seriously alter most games a ton.
-
Michigan State 69 Marquette 60 (NCAA Tournament)
Yeah, but does he hard hedge and trap for 94 feet?!
-
Kansas State 75 Kentucky 69 (NCAA Tournament)
Incredible how many better coaches there are than Cal in just this thread! Maybe Mitch should have been researching the seats at Rupp for UK's next coach last week.
-
2023 Cincinnati Bengals
Just to add a little speculation to this thoroughly factual thread, who’s the starting RB next season? I like Fournette at the right number, apparently a good RB draft class, what’s the preference?
-
Woodford County 44 Collins 21 (8th Region Championship)
And they’ve won almost half of the available district championships in that period. 5/12 and we’re acting like Coach Duvall is a bum? Figgeritout.
-
Woodford County 44 Collins 21 (8th Region Championship)
Gallatin hits a miracle shot this season. Last season OC wins district. SophoMoore falls to Dylan Hammonds 1.0 in Trevor Hardin and Sam Royal at Henry Co in the district finals. 19/20 Freshman Moore and a not very good OC team loses unexpectedly to a not very good Eminence team in the first round of districts where his #2 is an 8th grader. Which of those years should they have dominated the district exactly? Expecting a Jr. High or freshman player to carry a team through the postseason is a wild thought to me. Maybe Coach Duvall could have two or even three titles if everything goes exactly as planned, but calling him a bad coach because of one player is asinine.
-
Highest Scoring Matchups
This may be a fool’s errand, but the Newport/Lyon Co matchup got me thinking… There’s a lot of career points in that game with Perry having a bazillion of his own, Miller and Covington both having 1k plus(I think) and Newport’s youngsters on their way to prolific numbers. Anyone got any thoughts on other scoring shootouts? Lyon/Bracken and their roughly 7k combined immediately comes to mind for me and maybe the McNiel/Kunkel Jags against CVH/Ruthsatz. Under the radar I got Williamstown(Feagan/Feagan/Yangoua) this season against Grant(Hammond/Breeden) and Owen(Moore) but I’m sure there are other high-profile examples. Feel free to include matchups featuring prospective scorers along with guys who have/had already netted a metric ton of points.
-
Most Painful Court To Watch A Televised Game On
On the flip side of this, and conveniently on either end of the college game, Owen County and the Brooklyn Nets have a grayish court, OC’s actually has some hints of brown still in it(and they two-toned the inside of the perimeter which I don’t care for) I find that to be the most pleasing to my eyes. Super high contrast with the ball and jerseys. The players pop off the court. On topic, I don’t like watching games at Rupp. Those big blue advertisement rectangles are abhorrent.
-
Mason County 107 Nicholas County 56 (10th Region 1st Round)
No clue. Just said that he resigned. He did a really good job there.
-
Mason County 107 Nicholas County 56 (10th Region 1st Round)
Coach Reitz’s final game as coach of the Bluejackets per his FB.
-
North Oldham 51 Grant County 43 (8th Region 1st Round)
Boy, that Travis Perry can really score the ball, can’t he? How does he stack up against these guys?
-
North Oldham 51 Grant County 43 (8th Region 1st Round)
It’s all 4Q’s fault, per usual… Darn him and his terrible predictions.
-
North Oldham 51 Grant County 43 (8th Region 1st Round)
Believe it or not, OC and WC actually faced off last night and have an entire thread of their own!
-
Owen County’s Teagan Moore breaks 8th Region scoring record
While I’m at it, congrats to Teagan. Huge accomplishment!
-
Owen County’s Teagan Moore breaks 8th Region scoring record
It would make sense, as he attended UofL following graduation, but that’s little more than a guess. I’ll dig around.
-
Owen County’s Teagan Moore breaks 8th Region scoring record
It would make sense, as he attended UofL following graduation, but that’s little more than a guess. I’ll dig around.
-
Lloyd Memorial 48 Conner 45 (OT)
Final via 859sportsradio.com
-
Chiefs 38 Eagles 35 (Super Bowl LVII)
We had a problem with refs not making a holding call late two weeks ago, now we have a problem with the call being made. We gotta sort ourselves out.
-
Walton Verona 49 Grant County 47
Think last night was a smoke screen?
-
Weatherford (OK) 4 Anadarko (OK) 2
Imagine telling your team they can only win if the other team doesn’t score.
-
Weatherford (OK) 4 Anadarko (OK) 2
Whichever team won the tip also took the only shot of the first quarter. Wild to me that a team would gameplan for this.
-
8th Region Week 10 Review
I didn’t.
-
Hopkins County Central wins with four second-half players!
Further proof that Pip was the ultimate wingman. How many FT did Jordan end up with as a result of provoked technical fouls? Also, Oakley sitting up like the Undertaker was phenomenal!
-
Hopkins County Central wins with four second-half players!
It’s hard to find assistants, often volunteers, to work crowd control in those situations. I agree with you, I’m just saying it’s not unfathomable to me.
-
Oldest High School Gyms still standing in Kentucky
Eminence should be one of the older gyms in the 8th region. Mostly used for Jr. High events now I believe.