Chiefs 38 Eagles 35 (Super Bowl LVII)

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

My Facebook feed is overwhelmingly the Refs/NFL are a fraud and help the Chiefs.  

I have said for years the NFL is the most corrupt sport there is. Reason being there are penalties that occur on EVERY play and it's to the refs discretion rather to call it or not. Stevie Wonder could see what happened in this game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keith the old guy said:

I have said for years the NFL is the most corrupt sport there is. Reason being there are penalties that occur on EVERY play and it's to the refs discretion rather to call it or not. Stevie Wonder could see what happened in this game.

I am suspicious when it comes to the NFL.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keith the old guy said:

I always here the old "There's penalties on every play" from everyone, including the Refs and the league.  You know how you stop it, you call them on every play.   Eventually either the players will stop or the league will change the rules.   But you can't keep missing calls on key plays and expect no one to say anything.  For the record, I did not watch a single down of the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Raven said:

I always here the old "There's penalties on every play" from everyone, including the Refs and the league.  You know how you stop it, you call them on every play.   Eventually either the players will stop or the league will change the rules.   But you can't keep missing calls on key plays and expect no one to say anything.  For the record, I did not watch a single down of the game.

You missed a good game until the end.

This game was similar to last year’s Super Bowl in that the officials largely stayed out of the way till the very end. But when it’s close at the end, the NFL can produce exactly the outcome they want. The only chance the Eagles had was to blow out KC so it wasn’t close at the end like Tampa Bay did a couple years ago.  Looked like they were on the way to doing that, but their defense collapsed in the second half. 

None of us can prove that the NFL is rigged, but when the beneficiaries of the biggest bad calls are in the most TV commercials, and when every other advertisement is for a gambling website, suspicions will arise. A lot has changed since Alex Karras and Paul Hornung were suspended for a whole season in the prime of their careers for gambling. Of course that was 60 years ago. Has MLB embraced gambling yet? Asking for my buddy Pete Rose. 

6 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Love the conspiracy theories around the NFL being orchestrated like the WWE. I suppose Jalen Hurts giving up the scoop and score was all part of the master plan.

Well, according to Arian Foster, we'd need to check the script handed out at the start of the season.