Walton Verona 49 Grant County 47

18 minutes ago, TDFEVER said:

You wonder how both teams strategically played this since they meet in 1st round of districts in 2 weeks at SK???? Seems like a very low scoring game for 2 high powered offenses!!! Should be a fun game in 2 weeks!

My exact thoughts, don’t take anyway from WV this is a great win vs a highly talented opponent.

However, I will not be taking much away from either team this game. WV gets some respect with the win, but I won’t be taking any slack from Grant County with the loss.

• Like 1

Well.....I'm not really surprised W-V won, but I would have thought Grant would have the advantage in a low-scoring game.    Guess I missed that one.

AWB is right - the win burnishes the Bearcats' resume, but the loss doesn't exactly hurt Grant's.

District elimination game in two weeks will be one of the region's premier first-round district games.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ColonelMike said:

Well.....I'm not really surprised W-V won, but I would have thought Grant would have the advantage in a low-scoring game.    Guess I missed that one.

AWB is right - the win burnishes the Bearcats' resume, but the loss doesn't exactly hurt Grant's.

District elimination game in two weeks will be one of the region's premier first-round district games.

Looks like we are shaping up for a couple great games for the 1st/2nd rounds of district play in the 8th!

South Oldham and Oldham County was a thriller game earlier this year, and I expect it to be just the same on a neutral court.

Assuming Collins wins the play-in game against a struggling Shelby County squad we will have Collins vs Spencer County, and Anderson County vs Woodford County could be a sneaky one as well.

While it is no where near the level of talent, the 31st should be loaded with tightly-contested games. Outside of Owen County, all other 5 teams have played one another close for the majority.

Onto the 32nd, like mentioned above Walton-Verona and Grant County, probably one of/if not the most anticipated of these games. Can not sleep on Williamstown either, but with the tournament being on SKs home floor I would think that game might not be as close.

I think Grant County is very good, but still won’t make it past the Semi Finals at regionals and even that will be tough to get to.  It’s all about the draw.  At this point, I still expect SK to win the 32nd.  So GC will likely play one of the following at the Roy in the first round.  Owen County, who has already beaten them soundly this year.  Collins, same as Owen.  Or North Oldham who is the only team to beat GC at Dry Ridge.  It’s vital that they win the 32nd.

The 31st runner up would be an easy victory, Oldham Co/South winner are beatable.  The 30th runner up would be formidable though!

However, anything is possible.

Edited by Colonel-Rebel Fan

37 minutes ago, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

I think Grant County is very good, but still won’t make it past the Semi Finals at regionals and even that will be tough to get to.  It’s all about the draw.  At this point, I still expect SK to win the 32nd.  So GC will likely play one of the following at the Roy in the first round.  Owen County, who has already beaten them soundly this year.  Collins, same as Owen.  Or North Oldham who is the only team to beat GC at Dry Ridge.  It’s vital that they win the 32nd.

The 31st runner up would be an easy victory, Oldham Co/South winner are beatable.  The 30th runner up would be formidable though!

However, anything is possible.

Wow, this is bulletin board fodder.  Grant County has to beat WV in the district to advance to the regional.

• Like 2