Everything posted by gremlin35
-
Covington Catholic 89 Newport Central Catholic 50
Luken sprained ankle, Iles broken nose, Posey was in street clothes.
-
Covington Catholic 89 Newport Central Catholic 50
NCC isn't as deep as CCH so I think it hurts NCC more not Having Luken, Iles, and Posey.
-
Newport Central Catholic vs Covington Catholic 12/8 predictions
NCC needs to run and gun so that Walters doesn't have such an impact on defense and altering shots. If they can do that I think they can keep it close. If NCC has to run a lot of half court sets they get beat bad.
-
Covington Catholic 52 Highlands 0
QB's have a lot to do with winning in High school football. I believe Cov Cath has one of the best in the state this year. I don't know what is in the pipeline for these 2 programs but it will take a really good QB to get Highlands back to a competitive level. If they don't then Eddie will be hard to out coach. He has definitely changed the culture for CCH.
-
Best high school player you have watched this season?
Kyle kelly stats don't show how good he is because they play a monster schedule.
-
Covington Catholic 35 Columbus DeSales (OH) 7
Went to my 2nd CCH game this year. This one was very sloppy but they still dominated the game. I have no doubt that the state championship is theirs to lose. I wouldn't be surprised is CCH drops 60 on Highlands this year. I would say that they are one of the top 4 teams in the state behind a couple 6A powerhouses.
-
Does Highlands need a coaching change?
I think that the culture is definitely different under BW. He doesn't connect with the players the same as Dale did. There have been several varsity starters that have left and went to different schools in the last couple years. Lots of starting football players playing baseball and missing important football training. I think BW is a solid coach but Highschool football is about getting the athletes on the field and believing in themselves. Very few do it like Dale. I think they need a new head coach but BW should still be on the staff.
-
Ryle 49 Highlands 27
What is his track time? Hand times and some of these lazer times at camps are way off.
-
Ryle 49 Highlands 27
Highlands is lacking the big hogs on the offense and defensive line that can get push. I didn't see anyone driving their guys down field. Highlands looks young and not as muscular as teams in the past. I know they have some good freshman and I heard JV is doing good so hopefully in 2 years they can get back to winning 8 games a year.
-
6A #5 Scott County vs. Moeller (OH)
Moeller has to have this game. Big moe by 4 TD's.
-
Covington Catholic 49 Ryle 17
The 2 best players tonight for CCH was the quarterback for CCH and the quarterback for Ryle. Ryle's quarterback was throwing to spots on the field not players. It looked like CCH was following 21 for Ryle and bringing the house because Ryle didn't have a passing threat. CCH has some good talent but looked a little small on the defensive line.
-
Bellevue 19 Covington Holy Cross 7 (Scrimmage)
Players didn't have #'s on jerseys but he reminded me of the vennaman boy from highlands a couple years ago the way he pulled away from everyone. So yes that had to be him.
-
Bellevue 19 Covington Holy Cross 7 (Scrimmage)
Bellevue looked good and Cross looked very young. Bellevue has a wide receiver that can absolutely run.
-
Covington Catholic 67 Newport Central Catholic 41 (BB&T Arena)
Walters doesnt score a ton but he altered every shot that was taken inside and had several blocks. It reminded me of what Ben did to CCH last year. CCH has all the tools to win state.
-
NCC hoops exodus
Jv is for developing players but it isn't grounds for everyone to play. You get better at practice and that is where you earn playing time. Just because you are on the team doesn't mean you get in the game. The bottom players get in when you are up big or down big. Your top players have earn the right to be on the court most of the time and when the game is on the line. You play the game to win. This is high school basketball not elementary. Like someone referred to wrestling if the sophomore wins the wrestling match against the senior during the wrestle off they wrestle at the next meet. So if the sophomore wins every week guess who doesn't get to wrestle all year. Yes the Senior because he didnt earn it. Why should basketball be any different.
-
Campbell County 74 Newport Central Catholic 63
I have been told that they play about 9 players every game. I am asuming he is trying to find the best combination. The good thing about basketball is that the hot teams at the end of the year win not the beginning. Will be interesting to see how they respond to some early losses.
-
Campbell County 74 Newport Central Catholic 63
Very nice game cc was up 49-31 and NCC cut the game to 5 or 6 when the ref called a technical foul on the Hall kid for yelling lets go after a nice drive to the hole. Change the moment and the game. I hate when the refs have that kind of control over a game.
-
Moeller (OH) 60 Covington Catholic 51
Heard there was 10 College coaches at the game.
-
Cooper 54 Elder (OH) 43
You maybe right for first half but after halftime crowd will be huge.
-
Cooper 54 Elder (OH) 43
If this game is moved the JV game will have a lot more than 1250 people there.
-
Cooper 54 Elder (OH) 43
The JV wont get the biggest crowd of their lives because it is at a small venue. I tried to go to Cov Cath and NCC a couple years ago and it sold out at around 530. I believe they cancelled the game at half because players where slipping all over the court. Game should definitely be moved and it would give them both more experience on the NKU court for the regionals.
-
2018 SG CJ Fredrick (Covington Catholic)
When it comes to recruiting I think that who you know gets you the first looks and then you have to have the goods to continue to get offers. Congrats to CJ and keep working.
-
NKY Schools with the most transfers out?
What about players that play highschool sports but are in 8th grade then transfer as freshman? Is that a tranfer? I believe von handorf (Cov Cath) and Jefferson ( New Cath ) both did that.
-
NKY Top Running Backs
I know who hilltop is. Who did barnes play for?
-
NKY Top Running Backs
Measuarables dont make you the best runningback in tri-state but here are some of the best in the tri-state. Colrain Monalo is 5'10 215, Sycamore Ra von 6'0 205, Hamilton Jackson 5'11 205. All these boys play against elite competition.