Everything posted by TribePride
-
In The Huddle: Belfry Pirates
Panther Sports Network, I mean EKB, is getting better at local sports coverage. Now if they could only get Frosty Davis off the air.
-
Why aren't there more bowl games?
In my area its due to the economic hardship. You would hear the term "Coal Bowl" thrown around every other week or so. Many coal companies, that are still in function, simply can't provide the funds for bowl games anymore. We held the Teco Coal Bowl, 3 game grid between KY and VA schools, and now we can't get a single company to help contribute.
-
Bluegrasspreps' 2016 Class 2A Pre-Season Preview
We're very excited for the season down here in Elkhorn City! The bar is set, 2016 District Champions! I've not saw a team this good since '85.
-
Jason Frakes article: UK interested in hosting KHSAA State Finals
Lexington is my top choice. I despise Bowling Green and WKU. And I'm pretty sure I know how happy Pond Creek people are to go every year, but I'm sure they'd rather drive to Lex.
-
(Phelps) Hornet's Practice Shows Promise
The Hornets have a tall task at hand. Hope they can get back to winning.
-
Jordan Hampton/Shelby Valley(Will he top 1,100 yards this season?)
No because I wouldn't be surprised to see Valley throw the ball more this year.
-
Question about Heat Index...
There is nothing that negates the heat index rule.
-
ATLCat is the Swami... Post Your Schedule and I Will Predict Your Season
East Ridge Phelps - PCB Knott Co. Central - Home Twin Valley, VA - Away Grundy, VA - Away Allen Central -Away Prestonsburg - Home Shelby Valley - Away Betsy Layne - Home Leslie County - Home South Floyd - Away
-
Who are the Golden State Warriors of Kentucky HSFB?
One team that comes to mind, 07 Belfry. Dustin May and Co. led the pirates to a 14-0 record before running into the buzzsaw (newly reclassified) Louisville Central.
-
Lexington Christian 2016
I'm a big Coach Thacker fan, but I really like Danville this year. LCA is a year away from heading to BG. If I remember correctly, most of their own players were sophomores.
-
Ten Good Programs In Bad Situations
No, Mills was fired from Bell County.
-
Open Job: Warren Central
Why in the world would they do that? Coach Daddy could at least probably win a game or two at Central.
-
Top 15 Returning Players in EKY
Yes, he played the first half of the game. Danville was a different monster and held him to about 50 yards I believe.
-
McCracken County Coach Shawn Jackson takes Wayne County (GA) football job
Sounds like a good deal. Hard to pass it up.
-
Top 15 Returning Players in EKY
Very excited to see Brodey Johnson for the Tribe this year! He played 9 out of 11 games last season and averaged 200 YPG. Not since the Elkhorn City glory days has our community had something to be this excited for in Football.
-
The Worst Beating Your Team Ever Took?
Tough to lose in the '73 Championship Game, however the worst loss in school history is when Fleming Neon threw up 91 on Elkhorn City.
-
Open Job: McCreary Central
Open Jobs | Kentucky High School Athletic Association McCreary is open
-
Create your bowl game(Name/Location/Sponser) Just for fun
Nothing major, but something we used to do over towards my way was the Teco Coal Bowl....Teco Coal is out of existence now. We have had some big name programs come and compete, such as Pikeville, Paintsville, and Sheldon Clark. This bowl game is a KY vs. VA interstate bowl. We have also done the same format under the "Breaks Interstate Bowl" It would be a triple header on week 0. Name: Breaks Interstate Bowl Location: East Ridge High School/Grundy High School (Rotational) Sponsors: Commonwealth of KY/VA, Breaks Interstate Park Days: 1, Friday Week 0 Game 1 Paintsville vs Grundy, VA Game 2 Pikeville vs Richlands, VA Game 3 East Ridge vs Gate City, VA
-
KHSAA Football Finals To Become A 3-Day Event
Yeah, not a fan of the Sunday games. Since I must travel that far to watch the games, I would really like to have a day off between Saturday and Sunday.
-
Corbin Redhounds - 2015 Grade
The curve helps. The only game that looks bad is that 36-0 loss at home to Knox. A tough game against Danville, SW, and Mayfield gave me a solid opinion on Haddix and Corbin.
-
Corbin Redhounds - 2015 Grade
I'll curve then to a B+
-
Kevin Siple is out at Grant County - (Title Updated - It is Official)
Whoops. Close but no cigar.
-
Harlan 2016
Very surprised JB didn't look anywhere else this year. He is a dandy.
-
Corbin Redhounds - 2015 Grade
Corbin was a good football team this year. Playing Belfry, Bell County, Danville, and whoever else. Redhounds are coming together.
-
Should any good 6A team ever schedule any 1A or 2A teams?
We know Fleming Neon didn't have any pity when we played them in the 90's and the threw up 91....I long lone for the days of the Side Saddle and Jack Hall