Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

thehotsnakes

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by thehotsnakes

  1. I believe KHSAA has been informed of these charges since they happened.
  2. Would it be possible that this has been an issue now because he doesn't exactly have the same friends and allies as he did in the mountains? I mean, outside of TC, I doubt any of them would lose sleep over his antics having consequences. He's pretty much the new guy in the area and he's trying to treat like he is the Golden Child.
  3. That was a beyond bold move for the TC staff. You're going to a scrimmage filled with 2 fan bases who hate you? And you're breaking rules? I'd say there were plenty of people there who would attempt to report them, and neither coaching staff would have to worry about it. All sides should just be glad that it didn't get out of hand.
  4. I won't say this will be a running clock, but I do think Campbellsville dominates this one. They just have too much speed around the field for a team like Taylor to compete with them. Campbellsville wins by almost 30.
  5. Cat's Pause picked them first. But, I think the total wins from the other 4 teams combined was something like 9 or 10. No offense to any of the teams in that district, but they were all down last year and picking a winner was basically trying to pick the team that had the biggest upside from the end of last season. And I think they very well could finish 2nd in the district, or could possibly win it. I haven't seen enough from any of the other teams to make a reasonable prediction on that, though. From everything I've seen, Taylor just doesn't have anywhere near the pieces that Dudley wants or needs or has to have, to do anything remotely like he wants. In that first game, an Adair team that has traditionally and recently struggled against ground and pound teams absolutely shut them down except for one drive. I believe I saw a stat that Adair held them to a net of 3 yards in the second half of that game. Even a sub-par Dudley team should be capable of more than that. I feel like when Taylor brought in Hilton, they didn't expect things to go this poorly in his first full year this early (Because most Taylor people I know, fully expected to be 2-0 right now). And I would also assume that Taylor didn't expect to have this much trouble out of him, as far as rules and regulations. TC was glowing when they brought in their ringer last year, and now they can't help but wonder where things are going to go from here.
  6. Well, last year the TC coach started 0-3 after a loss to Campbellsville and he was relieved of his duties. Wonder if the same thing could happen here? I doubt the Cardinal faithful expected this to happen after what he did when taking over mid-season last year. I'd fully expect Campbellsville to be able to out run Taylor to a pretty easy win, if they hold onto the ball. Green looks to be a good team this year, so Hilton might be looking at a 3-7 season this year. That's gotta hurt.
  7. $$$$$$ Stuff like that can cost more than a school or team has in their budget. It's just not a priority.
  8. If Hart can stay healthy, they should be in the playoffs this year. Because from what I can tell, LaRue isn't exactly great. I know last year that they had to call a game early because they didn't have 11 healthy kids to field a team for the last quarter or so. They're one of those teams you would like to see do well, just because of the lack of resources and everything like that going on for that area.
  9. Running clock by mid second quarter at the latest. However, they won't be putting up 75 like they did last year. Mainly because Caverna won't be able to score.
  10. If South doesn't win it all this year, something is wrong. They were great 2 years ago and didn't. They were great last year, and didn't. They're great this year, and they should be able to get to BG and win. But they have found a way to stumble when they couldn't afford mistakes.
  11. Any updates for this one? Anybody?
  12. I don't honestly understand that quote. I mean, I get what it means and everything like that. But, it just seems obvious. Great players make great plays? YOU DON'T SAY? Wow. If you want to be a big time player, then you make big time plays. That seems really really simple.
  13. I saw elsewhere that someone said if you took out the TO's and penalties, it's something like a 50-6 game. Adair has traditionally struggled with power run teams, especially as smash mouth as Dudley is. So I think this win says a lot for the maturation of them as a team as a whole.
  14. They're all valid. Football has been notorious for being slow to accept change. Every big innovation was met with extreme skepticism. What happens if this punt and kick philosophy becomes the norm a decade from now?
  15. I'm unsure what constitutes a good football mind, but the guy has 4 state championships. And I'll stick with taking that chance every week, without a doubt.
  16. I've always said this guy is brilliant. I'm not going to say this would work for everyone without a doubt, but I do think it would work for more teams than someone would want to admit. I fully think giving up the extra yardage for a few extra offensive drives per game is a very easy trade off. If people stopped thinking about it being an onside kick, and more about just blind probability, I think it would get a better review. I mean, if someone asked a coach "Hey coach, I'm going to roll these dice, and if it comes up as one of these numbers, your opponent starts at the 45. If its the other numbers, you get a free possession. If you don't roll the dice, they get the ball wherever they can return it to and you most likely won't get it back." I'll take that chance every time. If you're bad on defense, why not take the chance? They're going to probably score on you anyway. If they're bad on offense, does it really matter where they get the ball? And I don't think anybody has said anything about the sheer boost in excitement that a team gets by recovering an onside kick. If you want to demoralize a team, recover an onside kick.
  17. The questions for this game are these 2: Does Taylor have the speed to stop Adair? Does Adair have enough bulk and explosion to stop Taylor? I'm not sure about this one. Should be a good game, for sure. I could see this being close either way, and could also see it 20+ either way.
  18. Campbellsville is too fast for the Scotties. Their speed gives them a 3 TD advantage.
  19. Bowling Green wins by more than enough to prove a point. But anybody who understands actual football realizes that Monroe played it closer than the score says. I'd say BG by a running clock. But I think anybody watching the game will realize that Monroe could easily punch the teeth out of just about anybody in 2A this year.
  20. Danville. And it's not in doubt after the 1st quarter.
  21. It makes sense if someone thinks about it objectively. Too many people think in really conservative terms and think this guy is a loon. As stated earlier, he has to average almost a full yard less per play by going for it. That's a huge difference. The added burden it puts on the defense is huge, as well.
  22. I would expect them to beat everyone in their district. By a lot. Like, by a whole lot.
  23. What? What? Campbellsville could easily be playing for a regional championship if they stay healthy. They win the district. No doubt in my mind. I'll show Campbellsville love.
  24. I don't hate any teams specifically. But I do dislike fans of teams or coaching staffs of teams.
  25. I get the Cats Pause every year simply for the high school preview. One thing I have noticed about the HS section, though, is that the people writing the predictions are frequently clearly going to have a bias towards one school. Not calling anyone out, but I've seen some pretty aggressive predictions about a team, and then realize that the person writing that was from the same small town. I like the product they have, just wish there were a few people willing to upset their normal readers by being honest.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.