Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HoopDreamsCoachQ

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ

  1. Wholeheartedly agree. Going to be a great year for sure.
  2. I'm of the opinion that Dunbar only goes to Rupp if Jordan Lewis is the primary ballhandler while Hollingsworth and Williams score off the wings. If Dontell Brown can give them anything in the post, that's a bonus.
  3. You're the biggest Dunbar person on here. I'm interested to hear your opinions other than that Clay is too low. I almost put Clay #1 but couldn't after their 2 losses (each) to Dunbar and Station last year.
  4. I wrote it and I consulted with many 11th region people before writing and after a first draft. The consensus opinion was that he does as much to hurt his team as he does to help it. As someone told who has watched him for years told me, Darius will go 0-20 from 3 and keep shooting instead of attacking the rim or creating for teammates. Add in the fact that he rarely tries to guard and you have the qualifications for a 6th best player in the region. If he were top 3-5 in the state he would have at least one committable college offer at this point. Samford offered a year and a half ago but that offer is probably no longer valid (by his own admission in an article with Donald Yaste recently) and one in state college coach told me that he would not recruit Darius because he's "too selfish". In 2 years as a major varsity contributor at Dunbar, they are a combined 26-32. It is not my intention to bash a high school kid by saying all this. I'm just trying to help you understand the thought process.
  5. He will turn 16 soon I think. He repeated the 7th grade.
  6. He does not have a WKU offer. Or if he does, it's not been reported.
  7. Bullitt East parent told me he had 5 turnovers. Anyone else think 11 kids is too many for a varsity rotation? Hopefully Blackburn is just experimenting. I'm of the opinion Tyler Sharpe should never leave the floor.
  8. I've seen a lot of kids all across the state and I've never seen him. Can't imagine too many of the coaches who voted on this list have seen him either.
  9. Austin Peay has offered. It's been documented on twitter and in his PrepHoopsKy profile. I like Verbal Commits but they are not he be all and end all for recruiting.
  10. Jamil is super quick with the ball in his hands. If he can ever stay healthy he projects as a really good D2 player.
  11. There are also a lot of really good 2015 KY kids playing Juco these days.
  12. Jackson was 2014. The others are 2015. Feel free to update with others. I just listed off the 2015 kids I saw on PrepHoopsKY and added Jackson.
  13. Current Freshmen: Aric Holman - Mississippi State Trey Moses - Ball State Cam Justice - Vandy Jackson Davis - Butler Beetle Bolden - WVU (out for year) Drew MacDonald - NKU Ray Spalding - Louisville Dwayne Sutton - UNC - Asheville Matt Rose - Samford Evan Hall - IUPUI Eli Pepper - Lipscomb Tay Weaver - EKU Jared Savage - Austin Peay Christian Thieneman - Marshall D'Angelo West - Texas State Cam Reed - New Orleans Peyton Woods - Chattanooga Anthony Eaves - Chicago State Kiefer Dalton - WKU
  14. By way of New York. The classic New York to Liberty move. Happens all the time. Nothing to see here.
  15. This provision says that any student who is identified as a special education student AND is held back by an ARC committee in primary school can be eligible. I don't think you'll see many parents getting their kids identified and held back so that they can play sports as a 20 year old senior. Just my opinion.
  16. 1st Region: Murray 2nd Region: Hopkinsville 3rd Region: Daviess County 4th Region: Bowling Green 5th Region: Taylor Co 6th Region: Bullitt East 7th Region: Ballard 8th Region: Oldham County 9th Region: Covington Catholic 10th Region: Montgomery County 11th Region: Bryan Station 12th Region: Mercer County 13th Region: Corbin 14th Region: Letcher Co. Central 15th Region: Elliot County 16th Region: Morgan County Championship Game: Bowling Green. vs. Bullitt East 2016 Sweet 16 State Champion: Bowling Green
  17. Eli Wright signs with Mississippi State this afternoon
  18. He is going to do very well at CCHS. He's got a great basketball mind and is an excellent manager of egos. Christian County made a home run hire.
  19. Will is going to get a free education worth over $225,000 by the time he graduates. He's going to study what he's interested in and be set up for the rest of his life. I've been lucky enough to coach Will and I've known he and his family since he was a 6th grader. Couldn't be happier for them and I'm incredibly proud of Will for all the hard work he's put in to get a very valuable education for free.
  20. James Baker (formerly of Doss) is now at Meade. He's the 2nd best player in the region behind Currie. In my opinion anyway.
  21. Every year I coached HS the head coach made the call on freshmen. Some don't believe in cutting anyone. Others will only keep the ones they think can play and contribute. Most programs need the practice bodies and will keep 15-18 players on the freshmen team.
  22. It didn't register with me what school it was. Good for Mason. He can certainly score the ball.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.