Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HoopDreamsCoachQ

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ

  1. If there is a legal move, the transfer will always be KHSAA approved. I'm told that Dylan's family moved there. I'd be surprised if he wasn't approved.
  2. What offers does he have? I've seen a East Tennessee State offer previously.
  3. NKU has top notch facilities for sure. I love their campus.
  4. The Lex Cath/Dunbar/LCA/Tates Creek/Lafayette district is going to be one of, if not the best in the state. Tates is better and have good young guards. Lafayette is experienced, Dunbar has the most raw talent, LCA has 2 of the best freshmen in the state and a great coach and Lex Cath is always going to be Lex Cath. They'll have talent and run their system.
  5. They've added 3 kids that I know of. Cam Jones and Avery Cox from East and Joe Gilbert from Lex Cath. They had one really good 8th grader last year that will probably see some time as a freshman. I have no idea what his name is. West will always be good. Well coached. The real question is if Burgin will actually be better than East Jessamine this year?
  6. Not sure they have a kid who can create his own offense like Hagen and Jeremiah could. If they can find someone who can be a go to scorer, they'll have a chance to make some noise.
  7. Why the backhanded compliment? Seems unnecessary and malicious.
  8. I was told back in the summer time that he was already eligible because he sat out all of last year. I'm not arguing because I legitimately have no idea on the situation. Just relaying what I was told.
  9. Not uncommon anymore. There are a couple 2017 kids who turn 18 next month.
  10. If I remember correctly, Trace is 17. Turns 18 in the winter months.
  11. Fern Creek did add Clint Wickliffe from Ballard.
  12. Skill level, athleticism and measurables are the most common rankings indicator for smaller scale rankings like these (state level). Nationally most rankings come through those variables as well as competitive games. If you see a kid for a game or two and have any scouting ability you can see how athletic they are and how skilled they are. As far as college coach evaluations go, you'd be surprised how many kids can get interest just off of how they look in the layup line. Everyone wants athletes.
  13. I hope not. I hate seeing all this talent leaving the state.
  14. Both are great players. If I had to win a game, I would be comfortable with either on my team. Both are winners who will run through a wall for their teams.
  15. You obviously don't realize how many blonde haired 2 guards I see in an AAU season.
  16. 100% agree. So many rankings are based on potential at the college level. There are a lot of 6'2 kids in KY who can throw in 20 PPG and grab 8 RPG. There aren't many 6'6 and taller kids in Kentucky who can put the ball on the floor on the perimeter and attack the rim. So that's why you see a Jaylen Sebree or Trace Young ranked really highly. They project as big time college players.
  17. Where does the kid play? I've never heard of him.
  18. Taylor's rankings seem to be based off of AAU and camps that Next Up has attended. Stew didn't play AAU or attend any camps. As @PurplePride92 and others have stated multiple times, you cannot rank what you haven't seen.
  19. What are those kids who are better than the ranked ones doing (or not doing) to get exposure? If they're not playing high level AAU and attending camps, then they're hard to scout. If you expect scouts to drop in at high school open gyms on the regular, that just doesn't happen anymore. Most rankings are done during AAU events and the bigger HS events like KOB, the Lexington Catholic tournament, etc.
  20. So weird not seeing Eli and Braxton on this list.
  21. Tray is a really good player. No doubt about that.
  22. There are exceptions for sure but I think overall it is more accurate. The thing about McNeil is I'm not sure many people in KY have actually seen him. He plays in NKY, his team hasn't played many big HS events that I know of and he played AAU for OBC so he didn't play AAU state or anything like that. Not arguing anything about his abilities as a basketball player. Just saying he probably hasn't been seen as much as CVH.
  23. I think this is a more accurate list: 2017
  24. If you go based off of college offers, it's Jaylen Sebree by a landslide

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.