Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HoopDreamsCoachQ

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ

  1. When did Taylor County's backcourt split up?
  2. You've been misinformed if you don't think that's true.
  3. Eli committed to Mississippi State this afternoon while on his official visit. He will join good friend and former Hoop Dreams teammate Aric Holman in Starkville next season. Congrats to Eli. One of the best kids I've ever had the privilege to be around.
  4. I've been told his work ethic is through the roof.
  5. I would think that Stewart Currie of Daviess County is the best player left in the 3rd now. Or am I missing someone?
  6. His rankings are biased towards those who pay for "recruiting profiles" on his site. Paying $50 for a profile can get you ranked in the top 15 in your class.
  7. Commissioner Tackett's email response specifically stated that the John Lucas camp is not permissible for KHSAA athletes to attend.
  8. You've neglected Owensboro, Hopkinsville and Paducah from your list. Owensboro has had 3 high major players in the last 2 years in Eli Wright, Aric Holman and Trace Young. Ben Moss at Apollo has D1 offers and Stewart Currie of Daviess County could be D1 in basketball. Marshall Griffith just enrolled at one of the best jucos in the country also and will be D1 when all is said and done. Paducah Tilghman has one of the top 2018 kids (JJ Reed) and 2019 kids (Rodriguez Thomas) in the state. Hopkinsville has Jaylen Sebree, CJ Henagan, Jalen Johnson, Shorty Cager, Tray Hollowell and some of the best 2019 kids in the state. Kentucky right now has more talent than at almost any time in the last 15+ years. To truly cover the whole state, someone would have to put some serious work in and log a lot of miles. I think some of the NKY kids aren't necessarily seen as much in state because they play AAU in Ohio or with a program like Shining Stars that isn't as big in parts of the state outside of NKY. Just my thoughts. Feel free to disagree.
  9. As hard as some of us on here can be on the KHSAA, they deserve some praise for a recent rule change. Basketball players can now attend college elite camps any time after school starts. The only stipulation is that the camp must be sponsored by an NCAA or NAIA member institution and take place within 100 miles of that college's campus. Camps can only be attended by coaches of that member institution. 08/07/15 ? Reminder about Bylaw 9 Allowances for Boys Basketball | Kentucky High School Athletic Association This rule change does not allow student athletes to attend camps like the John Lucas camp. I think this is a huge change for the better and helps our student athletes get the exposure they need to earn scholarships.
  10. Still plenty of time for kids to move before October 15th lol.
  11. Dylan is about 6'5. He has a little brother in 7th grade who is already 6'7.
  12. I like Treyvon Sylvester a lot and think he will be the MVP for Pulaski but I think you'll see Dylan James make more of an impact for Mercer throughout the year. Dylan is capable of games of 30+. I'm not sure Treyvon can do that. Again, I think he is a really nice player. Just not as offensively gifted as Dylan.
  13. I am from Owensboro (born and raised). I do not have ties to Apollo or any area school other than the young men I have known that have played there in recent years (Eli, Ben Moss, Trace Young, Caleb Coomes, Marshall Griffith, Stewart Currie, Aric Holman, Justin Miller and Jacoby Harris) and 2 assistant coaches at Daviess County. It is not my place to tell any kid what to do unless they ask my advice. If Eli thinks that his best option is to leave Owensboro and go to IMG then that is what I will support. Just like I supported Aric to Mississippi State, Justin to KWC, etc. If you had scheduled Perry County Central to play in the KOB and then Braxton went to Hargrave, would you lay the blame at the feet of his AAU coaches? If you had gotten a commitment from Harry Giles' coach to play the KOB would you blame the coaches at CP3 for his decision to go to Oak Hill last week? It is easy to try and make AAU coaches the villains. The KOB will soldier on as it always has. Just without Eli Wright. You will still make plenty of money. Just one less name to promote on your website and on sites like this.
  14. As one of Eli's AAU coaches, I can tell you that we had nothing to do with him going to prep school. You're speaking from ignorance because you're mad that one of the marquee players in your event is no longer attending and you had plans to make money off of the promotion of his name.
  15. You suspect correctly. Every major prep school offers scholarships.
  16. It is now official. Eli is enrolling at IMG Academy in Florida for the year.
  17. Possibly the favorite to win the 3rd region.
  18. Generally High Major applies to any of the Power 5 schools who are annual or semi-annual tournament teams. Also applies to teams in non power conferences who are annual tournament teams (Butler, VCU, etc.) Elite high majors are teams like UK, Duke, Kansas, etc who are the teams in the mix for national titles every season.
  19. Should be a great job. They haven't had the talent they used to in recent years.
  20. Dylan turned 17 in June. There are kids starting 11th grade who turn 18 in a couple weeks. He's far from being an extremely old kid or eligibility worry.
  21. More than that I think. All 2017 and 2018 kids I believe. Taking advantage of the extra practices they get to have before a trip.
  22. Usually a coach sees a kid at an AAU event, contacts the AAU coach and makes the offer. Since the players cannot be contacted directly, AAU coaches set up the visits.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.