Everything posted by HoopDreamsCoachQ
-
2018 LexCath G TC Price offered
There will be more kids earning offers in July that you've never heard of. The 2017 and 2018 classes in KY are as deep as I've ever seen.
-
2018 LexCath G TC Price offered
As anyone who follows recruiting should know, it's all about taking advantage of opportunity. TC went to elite camp and played well. He earned an offer. It happens.
-
July AAU
The 17U and 16U schedules have been released for the Nike Peach Jam and 2017 Taylor County PG David "Day Day" Sloan will be playing there with the St. Louis Eagles. He is the only KY kid that will be playing in this event at the 17u level. In the 16U age group, We All Can Go qualified and will have Kyran Jones and Terry Taylor from Bowling Green playing (just added this week) but I think those are their only KY kids. Are there any other teams or players I may be missing that qualified?
-
Boyle County 2015/2016
I won't say anything until I confirm it. Right now its all just speculation.
-
Bowling Green 2015/2016
Probably my way too early choice for state champions
-
Boyle County 2015/2016
I'm hearing a transfer may show up at Boyle in August
-
D'Angelo Russell is the best high school player from KY since.....
Direct quote from him in an interview on the Russillo Show yesterday. "Louisville recruited me, but didn't recruit me hard enough."
-
July AAU
Hate that so many programs will have to move their schedules around. It's a real pain to get a July schedule together and then send it to coaches and parents then have to change the whole thing.
-
June Basketball
Complete opposite of Tanner. Much more of a slasher than a shooter. He can shoot it though.
-
June Basketball
25 is Luke Johnson. Tanner's little brother.
-
Mercer County KBA State Champions
I came away very impressed with Lexington Catholic this weekend. Don't be surprised if they are a major factor in the 11th this year.
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
Now that summer ball is over for much (not all) of the state and we head towards the dead period, I expect the transfers to begin again.
-
East/West Allstar Game
I vote for the Louisville Metropolitan Area All Star Game. Rolls right off the tongue.
-
2015-16 12th Region
Peyton Gover
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
That's been known for a couple weeks now. Will be more interesting to see if he gets eligible.
-
JaQualis Matlock Commits To
Juco. Now coached by former St. Catherine Coach and Tennessee assistant JT Burton.
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
If all these kids keep showing up at Mercer then they'll be almost too loaded. There are only 32 minutes in a game. I can guarantee Hager and Faulkner will rarely leave the floor.
-
July AAU
If true, that's a huge blow to Nike.
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
Quentin Snider started 8th grade at Fern Creek, played summer ball with Eastern, then enrolled at Ballard in August.
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
Not that anyone will believe me, but we have nothing to do with that. I can honestly say I've never even met either of those kids. They practice and play a completely different schedule than what our high school age teams do.
-
2015-16 12th Region
I do not know about that. And I haven't ever asked Cam. I know he's playing summer ball but that means nothing.
-
Indiana All Stars 88 Kentucky All Stars 77
His son. Nice player. Went up against his teams last 2 years of AAU. Not as tall as his dad though.
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
Shaddai Scott also transferred to LCA from (I believe) Madison Central. Another talented freshman.
-
2015-16 12th Region
He's been there since about December. I figured it was known.
-
Spring/Summer Transfers
Joe Gilbert: Lexington Catholic to West Jessamine