Everything posted by Sawville Soldier
-
Gallatin County 70 Carroll County 39
It was a great game by the Lady Wildcats. They seemed to be hitting on all cylinders. Beating any team by that margin is impressive. Carroll didn't look good at all. They seem to be lost without Mefford at the helm.
-
Who said it?
Shawn Thompson
-
Southwestern Coach Stephens Resigns
I traveled to Central when Henry Co played them this year. Spencer would not be a bad hire anywhere and I have heard word that he would return to Southwestern. Most of his coaches at Henry Co wouldn't move with him I wouldn't think, so he would keep the staff if SW likes them. He did well at Henry Co earning a home playoff game, just came up short against Corbin. It would be very smart to get him in Southwestern. It would be instant success IMO!
-
Trimble County 70 Gallatin County 63
Trimble is very good this year. Losing to Campbell by 2 is nothing to hang their hands about. Beating Carroll by 30, that is expected as Carroll has been down for a couple years now. Beating Gallatin is a good win. GC should not feel too bad about this loss. I agree with FarBeyondDriven, this game will be very fun later in the season!
-
Simon Kenton 59 Gallatin County 48
He re-injured his knee. You are correct, they are expecting him back after Christmas, hopefully during the Christmas Tournament. This game was controlled by SK from start to finish, but GC did not play very well either. Must keep in mind that it is the beginning of the season and something tells me that nobody will look forward to see Gallatin come Districts and Region. But maybe that's just the Wildcat in me!
-
Montgomery County 95 Ashland 60
Congratulations to Coach Holland. I had the privilege of watching him at Henry Co and Oldham Co. His teams always played hard for him. Glad to see he started the year off right at Montgomery Co. Best of luck to him in the future!
- 2013-14 Northern KY Basketball Contest Sponsored by Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 1)
-
Were the Refs an Issue in the Frankfort/Beechwood game?
Any time Frankfort plays, officials are going to be criticized. I have heard of too many games where games have actually been handed to Frankfort and/or called in their favor. I was not in attendance for the Beechwood game, but it doesn't surprise me that someone was to call out the officials. I believe it was about 6 or 7 years ago, a friend of mine showed me a game film from where Carroll County played Frankfort. There was something like 25 holding calls (not exaggerating) in the 4th quarter that prevented Carroll County from beating Frankfort. I know that seems like many years ago and irrelevant, but this would not be the first time Frankfort has had officials on their side. Nonetheless, Congrats to Frankfort and best of luck against Mayfield!
-
District Players/Coaches of the Year
Congratulations to Coach Browning and Nate McCoy! Very well deserved!
-
2A Playoffs: Newport Central Catholic vs. Gallatin County
I support and believe in the Wildcats. Sometimes, it is just best to keep quiet until Friday Nights. The NKY fan base has spoken and as presumed they are predicting a blowout. The heart and soul of Gallatin County will be supportive, loud, and ready to go tomorrow night. After 48 minutes of football, the winner will be declared. Everyone who is a Gallatin County supporter and has followed GC throughout the entire year is not accepting defeat! I can promise you that! Go Cats!
-
2A Playoffs: Newport Central Catholic vs. Gallatin County
I saw this thread getting very lopsided against the Wildcats, so I thought I would chime in now. Gallatin County has been underrated all year. It is definitely not a bad thing as it has helped lead us to 10-2 on the year. Now, critics will say "GC's district is weak", and that is fine. But if you take a look at round 1, only 1 "NKY" team made it (NCC). With that being said, District 5 must have been much better than District 6. Go ahead and count the Wildcats out, but at halftime, don't be surprised if you see me with a shirt on that says "Told Ya So!" Gallatin County 28 NCC 22!
-
Newport Central Catholic 36 Walton-Verona 0
Tough that WV had to play NCC in the 2nd round. I doubt WV has another season as good as this. Congrats to NCC. We will see you in Warsaw!
-
Gallatin County 49 Carroll County 26
Sloppy start for the Wildcats but we did capitalize on turnovers by Carroll in 2nd half. It was a fun game and a great atmosphere to be in. Bring on the 'Breds! Go Cats!
-
High School Football Stadium Construction Costs
I have heard that Trimble County has plans to build a new Football complex. I would be interested to see what they are going to build and how much it will cost...that is if the rumors I have heard are true.
-
2A Playoffs: Carroll County @ Gallatin County 11/15
It seems like things are a little quiet on this thread. 2 teams that are rivals, playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and nobody really has anything to say. 15 posts tells me people have input, just not the "input" I remember when I was playing at GC and it was a GC/CC matchup! And that goes for any sport! :lol2:
-
2A Playoffs: Walton Verona at Newport Catholic Predictions
This post makes me laugh. Walton Verona doesn't stand a chance. They are out matched by NCC and will be out coached. I've seen WV only once this year and I haven't seen NCC at all, but history tells you that NCC is at another level.
- 2013 King of the Carpet Contest Sponsored by J & J Sports (Round 2)
-
2A Playoffs: Walton Verona at Newport Catholic Predictions
Newport Central Cath 48 Walton Verona 20
-
2A Playoffs: Carroll County @ Gallatin County 11/15
I agree with the fact that the first matchup was in week 7 and it is hard to decide a score after that game. It seems as if CC has improved since then, but so has the Wildcats. Gallatin should have nothing to worry about. Carroll County is still Carroll County. The Wildcats will move on to play NCC with the final score being GC 42 CC 14. Go Cats!
-
2A Playoffs: Owen County at Newport Catholic Predictions
NCC by as much as they want
-
2A Playoffs: Holy Cross at Gallatin County Predictions
Beal is a difference maker for HC, but I don't see the favorite losing this game either way. I'll take Chapman, McCoy and the rest of the Wildcats 34-6
-
2A Playoffs: Holy Cross at Bracken County Predictions
I believe this is supposed to be Holy Cross @ Gallatin County
-
Gallatin County 49 Bishop Brossart 14
Great game by Coach Browning and Co. Very close to my prediction, but the main thing is that GC got the W! Big Mo is rolling for the Cats going into the playoffs! Great regular season GC! We are proud of you!
-
Cats Pause 8th region
GC should have no problem in the All "A" and the NCKC. Not much competition there in my opinion. Trimble could be a little trouble and so could Walton, but at the end of the day GC is better. The schedule for the Lady Cats is tough, but as previously mentioned, this will only help them later on down the road. It shouldn't be a surprise if GC knocks off some of these "tough" opponents on the schedule either. I would like for GC to stay under the radar, but that is not going to happen!
-
Cats Pause 8th Region Rankings
Owen County looks a little high on the list IMO. Williams is a great ball player, I enjoy watching him play, but he is going to need help if Owen is to be ranked 6th in the region. It also seems like every year, Gallatin is overlooked. They are very capable of making some noise this year and Koby Carlton could be the best Carlton that has hit hardwood yet. I am not saying the Wildcats will win the 8th, but come Region Tournament time, they could go further than some teams expect.