Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 8th region

Featured Replies

Teams

1) Anderson

2) Simon Kenton

3) Oldham

4) Gallatin

5) Shelby Co

6) South Oldham

7) Walton Verona

8) Grant Co

9) Trimble Co

10) Collins

 

Players

1) Makenzie Cann- Anderson

2) Eriel McKee- Anderson

3) Abby Owings- SK

4) Brooke Dossett- Gallatin

5) Adhley McMurtry- Oldham

6) Hannah Dossett- Gallatin

7) Mackenzie Raisor- Shelby

8) Christina Cook- SK

9) Paige Black- Trimble

10) Mackenzie Myers- Spencer

  • Replies 46
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams

1) Anderson

2) Simon Kenton

3) Oldham

4) Gallatin

5) Shelby Co

6) South Oldham

7) Walton Verona

8) Grant Co

9) Trimble Co

10) Collins

 

Players

1) Makenzie Cann- Anderson

2) Eriel McKee- Anderson

3) Abby Owings- SK

4) Brooke Dossett- Gallatin

5) Adhley McMurtry- Oldham

6) Hannah Dossett- Gallatin

7) Mackenzie Raisor- Shelby

8) Christina Cook- SK

9) Paige Black- Trimble

10) Mackenzie Myers- Spencer

 

[SIZE=3]

Add Oldham County's Jenna Kirk to the top 10 list. Although many do not know of her due to moving in prior to last season, she will be a solid contributor and inside force for the Lady Colonels.[/size]

[SIZE=3]

Add Oldham County's Jenna Kirk to the top 10 list. Although many do not know of her due to moving in prior to last season, she will be a solid contributor and inside force for the Lady Colonels.[/size]

Kirk will be the best "big" in the 8th Region this season in my opinion.
Teams

1) Anderson

2) Simon Kenton

3) Oldham

4) Gallatin

5) Shelby Co

6) South Oldham

7) Walton Verona

8) Grant Co

9) Trimble Co

10) Collins

 

Players

1) Makenzie Cann- Anderson

2) Eriel McKee- Anderson

3) Abby Owings- SK

4) Brooke Dossett- Gallatin

5) Adhley McMurtry- Oldham

6) Hannah Dossett- Gallatin

7) Mackenzie Raisor- Shelby

8) Christina Cook- SK

9) Paige Black- Trimble

10) Mackenzie Myers- Spencer

The 8th is definitely Anderson's to lose, but Simon Kenton will be nipping at their heels. SK was a monumental meltdown away from making the trip to Diddle last season, although much credit to Anderson for turning up the heat late in that 8th Region championship game. Oldham County will be tough, but they lost their best athlete to graduation.
Teams

1) Anderson

2) Simon Kenton

3) Oldham

4) Gallatin

5) Shelby Co

6) South Oldham

7) Walton Verona

8) Grant Co

9) Trimble Co

10) Collins

 

Players

1) Makenzie Cann- Anderson

2) Eriel McKee- Anderson

3) Abby Owings- SK

4) Brooke Dossett- Gallatin

5) Adhley McMurtry- Oldham

6) Hannah Dossett- Gallatin

7) Mackenzie Raisor- Shelby

8) Christina Cook- SK

9) Paige Black- Trimble

10) Mackenzie Myers- Spencer

8 of the top 10 players are Seniors. Very solid SR class for the 8th Region. And most of them are guards, or have guard skills. Although Cann and possibly McKee are the only D1 players in the 8th, the rest are definitely not too far beyond and will play at the next level if they choose.

My top 10 teams look like this:

1) Anderson Co

2) SK

3) Oldham Co

4) Gallatin Co

5) Walton Verona

6) South Oldham

7) Shelby Co

8) Trimble Co

9) Collins

10) Grant Co

As a Walton fan, I got no problem with Walton's 7th preseason ranking. They only return one starter, they will have a whole new look and faces that are unproven. It would be difficult to present any real argument that they should be higher. In fact, I would not have been surprised if they were not even mentioned in the top ten at all.

 

The only beef I have with this list is Senior Shelby Mullikin not being mentioned at all in the top ten list of 8th region players. I know there are some good ones in that list, but in my opinion Shelby Mullikin belongs in there. No big deal though, at the end of the day....it's just the Cat's Pause.

As a Walton fan, I got no problem with Walton's 7th preseason ranking. They only return one starter, they will have a whole new look and faces that are unproven. It would be difficult to present any real argument that they should be higher. In fact, I would not have been surprised if they were not even mentioned in the top ten at all.

 

The only beef I have with this list is Senior Shelby Mullikin not being mentioned at all in the top ten list of 8th region players. I know there are some good ones in that list, but in my opinion Shelby Mullikin belongs in there. No big deal though, at the end of the day....it's just the Cat's Pause.

The Bearcats will be young for sure, but they will be fine. I was thinking that they had 2 returning starters? I would guess that Mullikin, Ison, Luebbe, Mills, and Beckham would possibly be the five starters most of the upcoming season.
As a Walton fan, I got no problem with Walton's 7th preseason ranking. They only return one starter, they will have a whole new look and faces that are unproven. It would be difficult to present any real argument that they should be higher. In fact, I would not have been surprised if they were not even mentioned in the top ten at all.

 

The only beef I have with this list is Senior Shelby Mullikin not being mentioned at all in the top ten list of 8th region players. I know there are some good ones in that list, but in my opinion Shelby Mullikin belongs in there. No big deal though, at the end of the day....it's just the Cat's Pause.

Mullikin is solid, but her being omitted from the list is probably due to her being strictly a role player up to this point. She could possibly have a "breakout" season.

I really need to make a point to go watch Anderson County this year.

I really need to make a point to go watch Anderson County this year.
They will probably be #2 in KY.

Thought Gallatin would be higher

The Bearcats will be young for sure, but they will be fine. I was thinking that they had 2 returning starters? I would guess that Mullikin, Ison, Luebbe, Mills, and Beckham would possibly be the five starters most of the upcoming season.

 

Yes and no...but mostly no. Ison did start a few games after Sandlin was injured, but came back off the bench when Sandlin came back. I don't know if that counts or not, but that is why I excluded her from official returning starters. Basically, I was only counting Mullikin as the one returning actual "starter".

 

As far as this seasons starting lineup, I don't have much idea on that. All those you mentioned are certainly possibilities.

Mullikin is solid, but her being omitted from the list is probably due to her being strictly a role player up to this point. She could possibly have a "breakout" season.

 

Perhaps these list are usually made up of those who stand out with point scoring. If so, Shelby, not playing a "big scorer" role in the past probably didn't help her. I guess I was putting more value on other things besides scoring. She brings so much to the table. Her point guard play, her speed and being so difficult to trap, her scrappiness on the defensive end, her uncanny ability to rebound and even block shots as a point guard, these all make her invaluable in my opinion. But I understand, these things don't make the hype lists. I guess its kind of like quarterbacks and lineman...one gets all the hype and attention, while the guys in the trenches doing the unseen to make it all happen don't really get much credit at all.

 

All of this being said...I hope she does have a "break out" season. One, that would be good for Walton. Two, I would love that for Shelby.

Not much love for SK? I believe Anderson should be #1 in the state with SK not far behind. Oldham and Gallatin are good clubs but there is a big gap between them and the top 2 teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.