Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 8th region

Featured Replies

Gallatin is not flying under anyone's radar. They are easily the favorite to win the A, and depending on the draw could make it to the regional final where a hot shooting night and an off night by their opponent could put them in the sweet 16. I don't think that is under the radar.

 

Definitely agree...Gallatin lost any "under the radar" status with last years 27-6 record, All A regional championship, and their deep All A state run.

 

Let me add...I think the Dossett sisters have become a pretty big "blip" on the radar screen. :thumb:

  • Replies 46
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about it. I even think possibly lower. Where is williamstown on this list. They have a very talented young te and a solid young coach.

 

I guess they are still not in the top 10. One of theirs transferred to Walton. I think her name is Dezarn.

Bosse was a nice player, but I think they are bringing everyone else back. They have the talent to beat anyone in KY.

Gallatin is not flying under anyone's radar. They are easily the favorite to win the A, and depending on the draw could make it to the regional final where a hot shooting night and an off night by their opponent could put them in the sweet 16. I don't think that is under the radar.
:sssh:
Definitely agree...Gallatin lost any "under the radar" status with last years 27-6 record, All A regional championship, and their deep All A state run.

 

Let me add...I think the Dossett sisters have become a pretty big "blip" on the radar screen. :thumb:

Was a great season for sure. Hopefully, good things will happen for GC again this season.
Move Walton Verona to #9 and move the others up and I agree with you. This region is a two horse race between Anderson and SK but GC could be the dark horse and with the right draw, they could find themselves in the finals.
You aren't giving your Bearcats much love.....why the pessimism?
No doubt about it. I even think possibly lower. Where is williamstown on this list. They have a very talented young te and a solid young coach.
I agree, they could possibly surprise some teams.
Agreed...Mullikin is very athletic. I look for her to have a great Senior season and certainly look for her ppg average to go up. Bearcats will definitely need that to happen. I still think her biggest value to the team is not necessarily just becoming a "go to" player. She has more to offer than that. I hope her steals per game, rebounds per game, assist per game, and her overall leadership presence all go up.
Becoming a "go to" player will be necessary with the graduation of Sandlin, Judy, and Clinkenbeard in my opinion.
Bosse was a nice player, but I think they are bringing everyone else back. They have the talent to beat anyone in KY.
I believe you are correct.
You aren't giving your Bearcats much love.....why the pessimism?

 

Not my Bearcats. Not giving them much love because they lost a lot from last year and those who are returning are relatively inexperienced. I don't know if Mullikin's speed will be exploited because of overall lack of speed on the team. They have no proven consistent scorer but do have some potential threats on any given night. I see Ison as the leading scorer but others will have to step up and perform. They do play a brutal schedule which could make or break them. If they learn and improve along the way, they will get better as the season progresses.

Gallatin plays a tough schedule and will benefit from it come tourney time. Non conference out of district teams include SK, Holmes, Montgomery Co., Campbell, and Cooper, It doesn't get much tougher than that and should help them against their Class A and NCKC opponents.

Gallatin plays a tough schedule and will benefit from it come tourney time. Non conference out of district teams include SK, Holmes, Montgomery Co., Campbell, and Cooper, It doesn't get much tougher than that and should help them against their Class A and NCKC opponents.

 

I agree with you, Gallatin has beefed up their schedule which will make them tougher come tournament time. However, Walton's non-region schedule is just brutal especially for a team that is young and inexperienced. They have Dunbar, Boone, Campbell, Notre Dame, Conner, Newport Catholic, Highlands, Holmes and Dixie. Then throw in regional opponents: SK (twice), Owen, South and the others. Like a said, with a schedule like this, it could either make or break them. This could be the toughest out of region schedule of all Class A schools in the state.

I was just thinking how much of a shift has taken place in the 8th region in the last decade. Think about it. Ten years ago the powers that dominated are either out of the region or have tapered off. Bullitt East, Oldham Co., Scott Co., Shelby Co. - these were the perrenial powers, and only two of them are still competing in the region. Oldham has had hard times in recent years (but may bounce back this year), and Shelby, too; Simon Kenton moved in and has made some noise; Owen Co., South Oldham and Walton have had good runs but may be dropping off a bit; Anderson Co. has been steady and still is strong. All of this is interesting to keep in mind as the 2013-14 looms on the horizon. Just some food for thought.

I was just thinking how much of a shift has taken place in the 8th region in the last decade. Think about it. Ten years ago the powers that dominated are either out of the region or have tapered off. Bullitt East, Oldham Co., Scott Co., Shelby Co. - these were the perrenial powers, and only two of them are still competing in the region. Oldham has had hard times in recent years (but may bounce back this year), and Shelby, too; Simon Kenton moved in and has made some noise; Owen Co., South Oldham and Walton have had good runs but may be dropping off a bit; Anderson Co. has been steady and still is strong. All of this is interesting to keep in mind as the 2013-14 looms on the horizon. Just some food for thought.

 

Obviously Bullitt East and Scott County are, as you said, no longer even in the region. And with Oldham and Shelby...both have had a split in their talent base with the addition of North Oldham and Collins during this time period. Again, not that they may not recover from it...but, their drop off can be somewhat justified.

 

Some of the others that you mentioned are Class A schools (Owen, Walton, Gallatin)...so for them to have any serious run (over a 10 year period) would be quite extraordinary. Usually you see them have a little more ebb and flow with regards to the talent levels. And with all of that considered, I sometimes think the coaches at these schools are not given the credit they deserve for making their teams competitive as much as they do.

Gallatin plays a tough schedule and will benefit from it come tourney time. Non conference out of district teams include SK, Holmes, Montgomery Co., Campbell, and Cooper, It doesn't get much tougher than that and should help them against their Class A and NCKC opponents.

 

The Montgomery County game is part of the Gateway Holiday Classic in Mt. Sterling. Other participants are Scott County, Larue County, Paul Dunbar, Glasgow, Ashland Blazer, and Newport Central Catholic.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.