Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 8th region

Featured Replies

I agree completely. Anderson and SK stand apart from the rest of the herd in the 8th. Gallatin, oldham, WV, and all the rest are not in the same league. I'm just hoping they are opposite one another in the Regional Bracket. A long way away I know, but they both appear to be head and shoulders above the rest and I'd love to see them go head to head in the Regional Final.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much love for SK? I believe Anderson should be #1 in the state with SK not far behind. Oldham and Gallatin are good clubs but there is a big gap between them and the top 2 teams.
SK getting plenty of love. They are picked to be #2 in the region.
I really need to make a point to go watch Anderson County this year.

 

You won't be disappointed if/when you do. They are good and well coached.

How much did Trimble lose last year? I expected them to be higher.

How much did Trimble lose last year? I expected them to be higher.

 

Two to graduation. Both were starters. One was a good rebounder and the other was a role player. This year they have 3 seniors, all starters. Beyond that they're likely to start a soph and frosh or 2 frosh.

How much did Trimble lose last year? I expected them to be higher.
They very well could be before all is said and done. Coach Stewart does a great job preparing them, and having 3 experienced Seniors on the floor will also help.
SK is a legit top 10 team.
I fully expect SK to challenge Anderson, but would I be correct in my assumption that the graduation of Paige Bosse will be a big loss for SK?
Thought Gallatin would be higher
Gallatin just fine were they are. "Under the Radar" is a fine place to be sometimes.
Two to graduation. Both were starters. One was a good rebounder and the other was a role player. This year they have 3 seniors, all starters. Beyond that they're likely to start a soph and frosh or 2 frosh.
The loss of Griffith will be huge, especially from a leadership standpoint. If someone can step up and fill the leadership role, TC will be better than last year. They will probably be the tallest "A" school in the 8th.
Perhaps these list are usually made up of those who stand out with point scoring. If so, Shelby, not playing a "big scorer" role in the past probably didn't help her. I guess I was putting more value on other things besides scoring. She brings so much to the table. Her point guard play, her speed and being so difficult to trap, her scrappiness on the defensive end, her uncanny ability to rebound and even block shots as a point guard, these all make her invaluable in my opinion. But I understand, these things don't make the hype lists. I guess its kind of like quarterbacks and lineman...one gets all the hype and attention, while the guys in the trenches doing the unseen to make it all happen don't really get much credit at all.

 

All of this being said...I hope she does have a "break out" season. One, that would be good for Walton. Two, I would love that for Shelby.

 

Most of the time this summer, she was the most athletic girl on the court. Will she be able to handle being the "go to" player? Time will tell.

My top 10 teams look like this:

1) Anderson Co

2) SK

3) Oldham Co

4) Gallatin Co

5) Walton Verona

6) South Oldham

7) Shelby Co

8) Trimble Co

9) Collins

10) Grant Co

 

Move Walton Verona to #9 and move the others up and I agree with you. This region is a two horse race between Anderson and SK but GC could be the dark horse and with the right draw, they could find themselves in the finals.

Most of the time this summer, she was the most athletic girl on the court. Will she be able to handle being the "go to" player? Time will tell.

 

Agreed...Mullikin is very athletic. I look for her to have a great Senior season and certainly look for her ppg average to go up. Bearcats will definitely need that to happen. I still think her biggest value to the team is not necessarily just becoming a "go to" player. She has more to offer than that. I hope her steals per game, rebounds per game, assist per game, and her overall leadership presence all go up.

Gallatin is not flying under anyone's radar. They are easily the favorite to win the A, and depending on the draw could make it to the regional final where a hot shooting night and an off night by their opponent could put them in the sweet 16. I don't think that is under the radar.

No doubt about it. I even think possibly lower. Where is williamstown on this list. They have a very talented young te and a solid young coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.