Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

shooterx3

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by shooterx3

  1. You can try and try, but you ain't gonna wear those Elliot County boys out:ylsuper: they get upset if they don't go at least 3 games a day So I don't think fatigue will be a factor during the High School season
  2. Congrats to Evan who is probally even a better defensive player than an offensive player! Sometimes you think there are two of him out there!
  3. Sounds like the Rumors of Rose Hill's demise were greatly exagerated
  4. Boyd County not ready for Rose Hill's pressure yet, Mr. Selby may have a little trouble shooting over Jackson and Euton Rose Hill by 8
  5. I have watched Roger coach for years, his kids always play hard nosed, but I have never seen him try to hurt another teams players, he will play you hard to the end, he will mix it up inside, but it is competitive, and that is not "classless" Let the coaches coach their team and the fans watch. Most fans don't really understand the true dynamics of what is happening on the floor
  6. Roger doesn't have his guards ready for this level of pressure yet, give him some time, but Elliot boys feed off of turnovers, Selby will be needed to even help with the press, and will get tired, this one is going to end ugly for Boyd Elliot 93 Boyd 45
  7. Sounds like Piarist didn't help Bath County prepare much for this game
  8. I'll predict Cougars play pretty good, but Rose Hill comes out ready to "pick up the pace". Cougars will accomodate them but Rose Hill just too big Rose Hill 77 Cougars 62
  9. I have not heard anyone from Rose Hill talk about winning the state. They know they have their hands full beating Elliot County. Top 25 team, yes, but They are way too Young to be considered as State contenders. Euton is going to be judged in every game he plays from now until he graduates thanks to the Kentucky offer. Pretty tough spot to be in, but I also know that Euton knows what he needs to work on and will work as hard as anyone in the state to get there. So for those of you that enjoy his bad games, enjoy this one, there won't be that many more of them as he has a lot of MONSTER games coming up:thumb: Is he going to be a huge success at Kentucky? I have no idea, but I do know a lot of Kentucky kids that would love to trade places with him
  10. Lex Cath has as much talent as anyone in the state. They will be a huge factor come March 5/3rd is going to be a great tournament this year, and I'm going to jump out early and predict Lex Cath wins this one on their home floor I'm sure the Mason County fans will disagree:D
  11. Rose Hill DOES have a lot more players than two. Its pretty early in the season I wouldn't write them off just yet
  12. Cubster is going to have to move Russell up a notch as Michael Mabery hit a 3 with 18 seconds left to give the young Devils their first victory of the year, this team will continue to improve.
  13. Well, were they still pressing late? I doubt it? Did all their kids play ? I bet they did Did the other team complain ? I doubt it Were you there? I doubt it I wasn't there either but just looking at a score does not tell the story. You can't tell your players to stop playing and pick up bad habits, Jenkins got beat, will probally get beat again and so will JBS sometime this year, you just go on to the next game, there is only an issue if your "looking" for one? Are you? Just asking
  14. I agree, it takes a real jerk to help make possible free college tuition for all those eastern Kentucky kids at Alice Loyd, somebody needs to stop them! Ps Clark and Clint can play and I don't need to see a stat sheet to figure that out, Clark could lead the state in assists and be a scoring leader too and Clint will probally hit more 3's this year than anyone in the state
  15. Yeah, you called that one duckster, holding Jackson to 27 was HUGE I think Jackson just plays above everyone else , sounds like both teams played hard and both teams will find somethign positive in the game, I hear Jackson didnt guard Hall until the final few minutes, but Hall was huge for Fairview 64th is a brutal district this year ps OJ got beat by Memphis in overtime, good game though
  16. You think Jackson not hitting from 15 feet will make the difference, but I think he will be matched up on Cameron Hall and while Cameron is Fairview's leading scorer, Jackson is very strong and Physical and will cause Cameron some problems on his offense, and if Cameron doesnt get his 20 Fairview can't win (imo) The story won't be Jackson's offense, but his defense on Fairviews top scorer that will be the difference. If Cameron get his 20+, (and he has the ability to score in bunches,) then Fairview has a shot, but that is a tall order against Jackson and Rex can't afford to give Cameron many breaks. Will be a good game against two of the top teams in the 16th. Unfortunately, I won't be able to witness it as I'm stuck seeing OJ play Memphis:D
  17. Fairview is very talented, and Rex will have them ready to play, I just don't think they have a matchup for Jackson and Euton both, may be able to semi-slow one down, but not both, and contrary to what some say, there is a lot of other talent on this Rose Hill team. Could be game similiar to Elliot County nail biter last year, but in the end, Rose Hill pulls this one out, will just be a taste of the areas toughest district play coming up in March Rose Hill by 9
  18. Elliot will be happy to play Greenup' style New coach at Greenup will take a little while to get his system in place, Elliot County already has a system Elliot 120 Greenup 70
  19. I'll take Lex cath by 8 They should be ready to go, and their inside/outside game is second to none
  20. Why would you feel sorry for them? They are having a great time playing high school basketball, something only a small percentage of high school kids get to do, probally won't win the region, but they will play hard and compete, win a few that they probally shouldn't and the majority of them will tell you after the year is over they had a great time and would do it all over again :ylsuper: You don't replace 7 seniors like Russell had last year very easily, but this team will develop their own identity over time I look forward to watching them grow:thumb:
  21. Matt Thomas will be hard to handle this year. Should get 22-25 per game, hit about 80 3's this year
  22. Elliot County wins but Morgan County may be the surprise team of the region this year, Logan May is going to add some long range shooting and Perry's teams always play hard, this game will be closer than most people think right now
  23. Don't feel sorry for them, losing Mackey may have brought them closer, but they are LOADED, the 11th will be a war this year! Look for Phares to be the "new" big factor on this years team, along with proven veterans Portwood, Hundley, and Lee and there is a lot more talent behind these 4
  24. I thought I better lighten the mood in between the Heavy lifting of GG and the Kingfish. Something tells me they will have a season long love/hate relationship. Unfortunately, I will miss some of the action this year, but I plan on dropping whatever I'm doing to find a way to get to the Rose Hill / Elliot County game, that should be a classic, and something tells me Rick Mays will guard Jackson Ashland and Rose Hill should also be a fun game, kinda like "back in the day":jump: I'm sure Euton and Jackson have both continued their development as there is a big difference between Freshmen and Sophmores. I'm also sure that no team in the 16th will outrun Elliot County, you will have to control their pressure and the ball to have a chance to beat them. Raceland , Ashland, Fairview, East Carter will all have good teams this year, and look for Russell to be a lot better than you all are giving them credit for. It will take a few games for every one to learn their roles, as it would anyone trying to replace 6 strong seniors, but they will be very capable of an upset or two before the year is out, Well, gotta go, just got the first notice on the Space Shuttle Beam me up Scottie:laugh:
  25. Well, you all certainly have a good debate going on , so I thought I would let you all in on a little secret. Article 6, section 2aaa/bb in the KHSAA bylaws apparently allows a player to come back and complete his eligibility after a tragic accident. There was a player named Josh Clements that was able to use this little known bylaw last year after a car wreck. I have appealed to the KHSAA to let Jon VanHoose come back and play the Month of March ONLY under the medical "redshirt" bylaw. While I havn't heard back from them yet, I feel good about his chances, and am looking forward to having a fun March with you all, and hopefully getting a rematch with that pesky bunch of kids from Elliot County. Since March is really the only part of the Season, that matters, I'm going to go ahead and still nominate Jon for your list, and hope he is allowed to compete with Matt Thomas on the "ALL UNIVERSE TEAM" What time does the spaceship leave? :dancingpa

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.