Everything posted by shooterx3
-
11th Region 08' Seniors to play College ball?
And you left off Cam Hundley
-
Dakotah Euton… Kentucky Wildcat
Any incoming sophomore is going to represent a risk and Dakota still has some work to do, but if you feel you have to make a statement to shortstop Florida and Duke in your own backyard, Dakota has all the ingredients of the kind of kid you take a "risk" on, I think he has a much better shot of paying off than some of the other "early" verbals in the state and Billy G sent a message to Florida and Duke "not in my house":banana: Can Miller be far behind?
-
Dakota Euton to be offered early by UK?
Exciting times for Dakota and his family. If any kid has worked harder than Dakota to get where he is, I haven't heard about them. If he gets quicker on that first step, the sky's the limit 16th region coaches and players should thank him for bringing more exposure to the area. (ok that might be pushing it) Congratulations on a HUGE accomplishment:thumb:
-
Dakota Euton to be offered early by UK?
When was the last time the 16th region had anyone that Kentucky was seriously looking at? Much less just sophomores! Should be great for 16th region basketball the next few years Elliot vs Rose Hills could be as big as Rose Hill vs Ashland from the Oj days.:thumb:
-
Kentucky/Indiana All Star Classic Contest
1- In 2. no 3. Pettigrew 4. Walls 5. Pettigrew tb 8 tb 1.00
-
Day that Kentucky beat Indiana
Oden and Conley were a year earlier, the team we played would be this years class of 2007 the only top player they were missing was Eric Gordon
-
Day that Kentucky beat Indiana
Last summer, the Derek Smith All Star team played Indiana Elite in Las Vegas Super 64. I believe I counted 7 Elite players on the Indiana Roster. The DS team was able to beat the Indiana team on that day with primarily with 6 kids, only one , Ty Proffitt who is on the Kentucky All Star team. Ty was having a great game but got hurt in the first quarter. That left two Seniors (Jon Van Hoose and Rodney Haddix) and 3 Juniors (Tyler Portwood, Jordan Smart, and Nathan Novosel). The Kentucky team led almost the entire game with a pretty simple game plan that this years all star team could do. Spread the floor and make the bigger Indiana team chase us. Indiana started the game with their big front line but with DS playing 4 out and one In, and then hitting some shots from the outside, They forced Indiana to match up to their smaller size . Novosel and Haddix did a great job on the boards, and Smart, Porwood, and Van Hoose were hitting the big outside shots. VanHoose ended up with 28 and was named player of the game, and I think all of the other 4 were in double figures. I know there is some difference in an aau game and this game, but the basic formula is the same, spread the floor move the ball, , hit some shots, and make some hustle plays. ( Too bad Proffitt is the only one available to play in this game) good luck guys
-
Kentucky/Indiana All Star Classic Contest
1- In 2. no 3. Pettigrew 4. Knowles 5. Pettigrew tb 8 tb 1.00
-
Best players you've seen this summer
Really? You ever notice that during the winter season too?
-
AAU Tournaments
How do you get an NCAA certified event during the dead period?
-
Best players you've seen this summer
Matt Thomas has probally been our most conistent player, pretty much shows up every game, had his best game yet in the semifinals of the state shooting 7 for 11 from all over the court, playing solid defense, and good decision making. Wish I could have got the ball in his hands for the last shot. Matt will be getting some solid offers after July.
-
Best players you've seen this summer
Gifford surprised me, maybe the quickest kid I've seen with the ball this year, and can shoot it deep also, can break you down off the dribble Doesnt guard the post that well though:D
-
Best players you've seen this summer
Well, don't leave us hanging, who is it? To my knowledge, there are very few people who know how good Phares could be, its hard to get noticed on a loaded Scott County team, especially if your not a guard, Scott County just has an unbelievable depth of talent
-
Best players you've seen this summer
Yeah, Richie couldnt walk and chew gum when I found him, now look at him? He is going to be the top recruit in Kentucky in 2009! ok, Coach Hicks might disagree with the first line:laugh:
-
Best players you've seen this summer
Very accurate scouting report on Slone, he has been a great contributor and shown flashes of brilliance and ability to take over a game. If he shows that in July, he is going to get some big time offers
-
AAU Tournaments
Sanctioned aau tournaments is not where the top teams are going to get scholarships. You play in the state aau for bragging rights, but in July you are going to certified events where the coaches can come and see you and unsigned seniors are eligible to play because its about getting scholarships, not playing for a trophy. AAU is primarily for younger age groups is what I'm seeing.
-
Best players you've seen this summer
I have seen Stenzel play this summer, he has signs of greatness:thumb:
-
Best players you've seen this summer
aah, your just PROMOTING
-
Best players you've seen this summer
June is high school month, we will be playing in the new adidas tourney in cincy, Morgantown Jamfest, Las Vegas super 64, and in LA Best of Summer July is the month you zero in on the scholarships I hope all the Kentucky kids do well, there are some other good players that I couldn't think of at the time I was making my list:D
-
Best players you've seen this summer
Yes, Rodney was very good, but he is no longer "in play" He signed with Miami, so I'm not "promoting" him
-
Best players you've seen this summer
Ok, who are the best players you've seen this summer? Here is my list, in no particular order Tyler Portwood Scott County Jordan Smart Lex Cath Richie Phares Scott County Cam Hundley Scott County Clark Stepp June Buchanan Landon Slone Paintsville Nathan Novosel Lex Cath Matt Thomas Ashland :dancingpa
-
Before Summer Player Ratings
I call 1-2% an elite group, that has to work hard to achieve that level and should be congratulated for their hard work. That is not a very big number at all and I feel safe in saying it is "unusual" for any Kentucky kid to get the college education paid for by playing basketball, that leaves out all the d-3 kids who have still worked hard to get there but don't get athletic scholarships
-
Before Summer Player Ratings
Is "promoting" facts a problem with you? I'm givin my honest opinion that I think will be validated by someone at a much higher pay grade. You make it sound like a negative. Feel free to express your opinion It doesnt cost any extra And if you can name better shooters against the zone, lets hear about them Ps what is your definition of a "lot" of Kentucky players playing at the next level? I wouldnt call 1 to 2% of the high school players in Kentucky a "lot"
-
AAU State Tournament
Nah, I'm gonna give the Cubster the inside scoop!
-
Before Summer Player Ratings
Will also add Tyler Maynard from Elliot County on my all "zone buster" team