Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dakota Euton to be offered early by UK?

Featured Replies

I read in the Lexington Herald that Dakota Euton fell in love with the UK Campus and staff at this past weekend's Elite camp. The piece said that they are close to making an offer to the soon to be Sophomore. He must be the real deal.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is they, the coaching staff? There are NCAA regulations in place, which clearly outline time-lines, of offerings....and the Sophomore year, is not one of them.

Most of the people in recruiting circles I talk to think his teammate Chad Jackson is the better prospect. On the flip side it does seem like Euton fills a role Billy G likes to have on the roster. The main concern I've heard is that he hasn't improved much over the last few years...

Most of the people in recruiting circles I talk to think his teammate Chad Jackson is the better prospect. On the flip side it does seem like Euton fills a role Billy G likes to have on the roster. The main concern I've heard is that he hasn't improved much over the last few years...
Offering early can be a dicey game in that regard. Look at Martez Walker.
Offering early can be a dicey game in that regard. Look at Martez Walker.

I get the feeling Ohio State is going to be burned a time or two with Thad's style of getting verbals from kids 3 or 4 years before they hit campus. It's a very risky proposition...

Most of the people in recruiting circles I talk to think his teammate Chad Jackson is the better prospect. On the flip side it does seem like Euton fills a role Billy G likes to have on the roster. The main concern I've heard is that he hasn't improved much over the last few years...

I disagree.

I disagree.

That's fine. I haven't seen him yet, but that was from people who follow recruiting for a living...

Most of the people in recruiting circles I talk to think his teammate Chad Jackson is the better prospect. On the flip side it does seem like Euton fills a role Billy G likes to have on the roster. The main concern I've heard is that he hasn't improved much over the last few years...

 

 

I have seen both a few times. Jackson is very athletic and a good prospect. I couldn't say better, but different. Euton is very physical under the basket. He also isn't shy about shooting the ball from outside, and seems to do it pretty well. I don't understand anything about Billy G. style of play. I would think the attention is great, but I would think Euton would want to keep his options open also at this time.

I have seen both a few times. Jackson is very athletic and a good prospect. I couldn't say better, but different. Euton is very physical under the basket. He also isn't shy about shooting the ball from outside, and seems to do it pretty well. I don't understand anything about Billy G. style of play. I would think the attention is great, but I would think Euton would want to keep his options open also at this time.

He LOVES post players that can shoot as well as mix it up in the paint...

That's fine. I haven't seen him yet, but that was from people who follow recruiting for a living...

I have seen him play,,,,, alot. Trust me that he's much improved. Frankly, I think he's a better perimeter shooter than post player. It's handy to be 6'8" and do both. FWIW, Jackson is a very difficult matchup as well.

I see him play alot. Trust me that he's much improved. Frankly, I think he's a better perimeter shooter than post player. It's handy to be 6'8" and do both. FWIW, Jackson is a very difficult matchup as well.

I'm sure a lot of their thoughts are skewed by how highly they had him ranked very early in the process. They also don't think he's going to grow much more and that the rest of the class is going to catch up to him. It's just so hard to judge this early in the process...

I'm sure a lot of their thoughts are skewed by how highly they had him ranked very early in the process. They also don't think he's going to grow much more and that the rest of the class is going to catch up to him. It's just so hard to judge this early in the process...

Agreed. But whether he grows vertically may not matter that much, as he has some "filling out" to do as he matures.

  • Author

Euton closer to UK scholarship

By Jerry Tipton

[email protected]

Kentucky and high school sophomore-to-be Dakotah Euton moved a step closer to a commitment last night.

 

After noting their mutual attraction, the two sides agreed to wait until the end of the month before the expectations of a UK scholarship offer and Euton's acceptance become reality.

 

Kyle Tackett, who coaches Euton on the Ohio Basketball Club AAU team, said UK assistant coach Jeremy Cox laid out a scenario last night.

 

"They're in love with Dakotah and the way he plays basketball," Tackett said of UK's interest in Euton, a 6-foot-8 forward for Rose Hill School in Ashland. "Coach Cox wants to offer a scholarship."

 

But UK wants to wait until the end of June because high school seniors-to-be might be put off by such a commitment.

 

"Toward the end of the month, they'll definitely have something for him," Tackett said of the message he received from Cox. "I don't know exactly what that means."

 

If it means a scholarship, Euton would be expected to say yes.

 

"Dakotah fell in love with Kentucky," Tackett said of Euton's experience in the Billy Gillispie Elite Camp on the UK campus last weekend.

 

Euton's father, Clay, welcomed a timetable that meant a possible scholarship offer by the end of June. That will give his son time to attend elite camps at Florida and Duke.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offering early can be a dicey game in that regard. Look at Martez Walker.

That's why you "offer" anyone you make like, or think may fit your program in a few years. "offers"are not binding, so you could offer 10-15 people if you want, doesn't mean you have to sign them if they don't pan out.

:D

Most of the people in recruiting circles I talk to think his teammate Chad Jackson is the better prospect. On the flip side it does seem like Euton fills a role Billy G likes to have on the roster. The main concern I've heard is that he hasn't improved much over the last few years...

I would say he isn't sticking out like a sore thumb like he was in the past few years. Other kids are catching up to him in both height and some in talent. Not saying he isn't good though.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.