Day that Kentucky beat Indiana

Last summer, the Derek Smith All Star team played Indiana Elite in Las Vegas Super 64. I believe I counted 7 Elite players on the Indiana Roster.

The DS team was able to beat the Indiana team on that day with primarily with 6 kids,

only one , Ty Proffitt who is on the Kentucky All Star team. Ty was having a great game but got hurt in the first quarter. That left two Seniors (Jon Van Hoose and Rodney Haddix) and 3 Juniors (Tyler Portwood, Jordan Smart, and

Nathan Novosel). The Kentucky team led almost the entire game with a pretty simple game plan that this years all star team could do. Spread the floor and make the bigger Indiana team chase us. Indiana started the game with their big front line but with DS playing 4 out and one In, and then hitting some shots from the outside, They forced Indiana to match up to their smaller size . Novosel and Haddix did a great job on the boards, and Smart, Porwood, and Van Hoose were hitting the big outside shots.

VanHoose ended up with 28 and was named player of the game, and I think all of the other 4 were in double figures. I know there is some difference in an aau game and this game, but the basic formula is the same, spread the floor move the ball, , hit some shots, and make some hustle plays. ( Too bad Proffitt is the only one available to play in this game)

good luck guys