Boyd County vs Elliott County predictions

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott County by 19 pts. Elliott will have a hard time stopping Selby, but Boyd will have a hard time stopping the whole Elliott Team.

The same was said of Selby last year & he wasn't a factor either time they played. I agree it is easy to think this way but the history doesn't show it. Boyd will have to slow it tremendously for Selby to be a factor. It comes down to the gaurds, can Boyd's gaurds be able to handle the on ball pressure in order to slow tempo. That will be the big key to their game!

Elliott will have a difficult time stopping Selby once he gets the ball in the paint. The question is, "Can Boyd consistently get the ball to Selby in the paint?"

Can Boyd break the Piranha Press? It's difficult to score from the far end of the court.

IMO it would be huge for BC to keep it under 20 vs EC.

Good luck to both teams. :thumb:

The same was said of Selby last year & he wasn't a factor either time they played. I agree it is easy to think this way but the history doesn't show it. Boyd will have to slow it tremendously for Selby to be a factor. It comes down to the gaurds, can Boyd's gaurds be able to handle the on ball pressure in order to slow tempo. That will be the big key to their game!

Selby will have his double-double thats a given, it might be 12 and 12, but he will get it, he wont be a factor in the game because of the margin Elliott should win by. Granted Selby hasnt had his most impressive games vs Elliott, but its because of the speed the game is played at. While this might sound like he cant get up and down the floor thats not the case at all he does extremely well for a guy weighing 300lbs. But consider the fact most of the time he will be on the floor with 9 guards. Believe me when I say Elliott can not stop Selby, but he will not get enough touches in this game to put up huge numbers.

If Selby played for Elliott he might avg. 20 and 20. And would probably be their best player.

Selby will have his double-double thats a given, it might be 12 and 12, but he will get it, he wont be a factor in the game because of the margin Elliott should win by. Granted Selby hasnt had his most impressive games vs Elliott, but its because of the speed the game is played at. While this might sound like he cant get up and down the floor thats not the case at all he does extremely well for a guy weighing 300lbs. But consider the fact most of the time he will be on the floor with 9 guards. Believe me when I say Elliott can not stop Selby, but he will not get enough touches in this game to put up huge numbers.

If Selby played for Elliott he might avg. 20 and 20. And would probably be their best player.

He is a load inside, but that is going a little too far. Anyway, this is not the pace of a game in which he will have a big impact. I agree he will score and rebouond, but if Elliott is successful in pushing the pace of play, he will not be a factor in the outcome.

Roger doesn't have his guards ready for this level of pressure yet, give him some time, but Elliot boys feed off of turnovers, Selby will be needed to even help with the press, and will get tired, this one is going to end ugly for Boyd

Elliot 93

Boyd 45

Roger doesn't have his guards ready for this level of pressure yet, give him some time, but Elliot boys feed off of turnovers, Selby will be needed to even help with the press, and will get tired, this one is going to end ugly for Boyd

Elliot 93

Boyd 45

Agreed, Boyds young guards are not ready for this type of pressure yet. And I hope they remember this is Roger not Phil coaching if it turns into a rout, I wouldnt want to be a starter on the floor in the 4th qtr. in a 40pt. blowout or it could end ugly for both teams.

He is a load inside, but that is going a little too far. Anyway, this is not the pace of a game in which he will have a big impact. I agree he will score and rebouond, but if Elliott is successful in pushing the pace of play, he will not be a factor in the outcome.

His avg. is about 15-15 now and is double and triple teamed every nite, if he was played straight up man to man and was afforded all the extra possions and touches he would get, I could only imagine what his #s would be.