Russell Panorama

Elliott could have probably beaten East Ridge even worse.

Lewis County was a pleasant surprise. The Enix kid for Lewis County could very well be the difference maker and what the Lions need for complete success, he does all the intangibles. Frankie Whitten, Britt, and Boatdock filled it up offensively for the Lions as they shot the lights out and led by as many as 20 points on occassion. Early substitutions allowed for Lawrence Co. to make a furious comeback, but the Lions prevailed by 5 points I believe.

Morgan County was also another surprise, some have the Cougars not even in the top 10 of the 16th region, but the Cougars beat Covington Scott 57-55last night. Morgan's Logan May has helped tremendously offensively. The Cougars bolted out to a 19-3 lead early as the Cougars handled the furious Scott pressure. The depth of Covington Scott allowed them to steadily get back into the game and even take the lead mid-way through the 2nd half. The Cougars held on late for the victory.

Were some of Russell's players not available due to football? Just wondering, because North Laurel isn't exactly a powerhouse; ranked something like #10 in their region.

Not really. Russell will be young and inexperienced. It will be a year of growing and learning. Not alot of wins for this young group.

Not really. Russell will be young and inexperienced. It will be a year of growing and learning. Not alot of wins for this young group.

I truely feel sorry for the boys. It's going to be a long season.

I truely feel sorry for the boys. It's going to be a long season.

Why would you feel sorry for them? They are having a great time playing high school basketball, something only a small percentage of high school kids get to do, probally won't win the region, but they will play hard and compete, win a few that they probally shouldn't and the majority of them will tell you after the year is over they had a great time and would do it all over again :ylsuper:

You don't replace 7 seniors like Russell had last year very easily, but this team will develop their own identity over time

I look forward to watching them grow:thumb: