Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BigVMan23

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BigVMan23

  1. Or, how about this. All teams stay in their respective class, and if they want to win a championship, THEN GET BETTER. That is all.
  2. Then somebody please alert the state capital, because both these schools have illegally siphoned millions of tax dollars from the state coffers posing as public schools all these years.:sarcastic:
  3. So, did Saltzman get t'd with LexCath still having a shot at winning? I mean the final score was 3 point win for Corbin, that was with a tech called with 5 seconds left in the game, I assume shots and the ball back for Corbin...game had to be close.
  4. Oldham beat North Hardin and thrashed a depleted/sick Magoffin Co team, lost to Valley. Anderson beat East Jess in double OT on the road and throttled Model at Paris. Not sure if any of that really helps decide one way of the other leading up to this game.
  5. Crap...mod please add "prediction" to the thread title. Thanks.
  6. Big 8th region matchup early in the season. Who takes this one tonight?
  7. Are you sure about this? I thought it was if the athlete had played high school sports, not just specifically varsity.
  8. Depends on who you ask. There's a few who would say I'm no coach at all.:irked:
  9. Really? Dude, it's the championship, Pulaski is supposed to be able to fend for themselves and it's their job to stop BG. It's not like BG was playing some helpless district foe in the 4th week of the season, Pulaski is presumably one of the 2 best teams in that class. BG did absolutely nothing wrong here. Congrats to both teams on good seasons.
  10. Well, I don't know about everyone, but I have heard old coaches who have forgotten more about the game than I know call it a "half step"...the step taken to establish the pivot foot as the ball is being gathered. It may not be "technically" correct per the description in the rule book, but it's been referenced that way by many people for years.
  11. Ummmmm...having seen Woodford play, all I can say is wow, wouldn't have expected a score like that.
  12. Not really, not if the kid(s) are good teammates because they understand and know what's best for the team in a given circumstance and should have no problem feeding the "hot hand". Feeding the hot hand willingly is just as much an example of "team ball" as would be everyone getting the same amount of looks and shots and possibly points. Now, once that hand goes cold, or he becomes the focus of the whole defense...now it's his turn to feed his teammates. But until that time comes, give it to him, whoever that "him" may be. Exactly.
  13. Hummm...after seeing Shelby Monday night and hearing early reports about SO, I did not expect to see a score this close.
  14. 10 wins a year average, which would be great for almost any coach...it would take 41 years + of coaching to get to where he is right now. Think about that. Some kid could graduate college this spring, take over a football program at 22 years of age, and would be 63+ years of age winning on average 10 games a year to just match were Haywood is today. That's almost unthinkable.
  15. How was attendance PP? Big crowd or no?
  16. As a coach I rarely complain about the officiating or ride the officials about calls (can't say that about a lot of coaches). I also do that to try and set an example for my players. Every once in a blue moon when an obvious call is missed that was so bad it could have actually hurt a player, I will speak up, or if a ref just doesn't blow his whistle for anything, but that's about it. One reason I don't is that I am a former ref...did a lot during my college days, and I know how hard it is. However, I do feel that because I have refereed I have more leeway to complain (if I wanted to) because I have actually done the job. Those that usually complain and shout the loudest though have NEVER done it, and probably never will and would more than likely be worse than the worst official out there if they did.
  17. In what way? I have heard guys talk about 1st and 2nd region refs also being a lot different, one region letting them play VERY physical, one calling everything. Is this kind of the same with 11th and 12th?
  18. Again, a line has to be drawn somewhere. Not saying in our mythical region redraw that a line would have to be drawn with Augusta/Bracken, it's definitely not an area of the state I am all that familiar with, but I'm quite sure more than a couple of schools "just down the road" from each other would find themselves in different regions.
  19. But eventually a line has to be drawn somewhere for everybody. Regardless of how well someone could split up 16 regions amongst the 250 or so basketball playing schools, there will always be a number of schools on the "outlying" areas of a region that might will be closer to a couple of schools in another region than they are some of the further schools in their own region. I think most regions could probably be redrawn and improved upon, but someone is always going to be the "odd man out", it just can't be helped.
  20. Hey, Bill's no dummy, he knew what he was doing. "Hey buddy...try this free brat...you will like it, I promise. Yeah, you like that don't ya. I knew you would. There's more where that came from when you need that fix. Just come see me." Yep, now I got to go up to NKY to get me my brat fix. I'm hooked. :lol2:
  21. We aren't members, but we play a lot of teams in both Christian associations. As far as I know, there is no type of payout that I'm aware of.
  22. Me, personally I have no problem with it. Like you I don't know their personnel, but lets say Eminence has no depth, and assume they have 5 pretty quick, athletic kids that can get down the floor. Throw in the possibly of having no size as well, which may very well be the case with them. It's quite possible with a lineup like this there is little to no chance competing with a lot of teams in the half court, so why not try to speed up the game and play to what strength you might have? Now, if they had no depth and a couple of plodding 6'5 6'6 kids that struggled to get up and down the floor, then that might be a different story. Again I don't know what they have, but just saying they have no depth thus they shouldn't try to run and press I just don't agree with. But that's me.
  23. I actually posed the same question you raised here a while back, and it was explained to me that there are financial payouts each schools receives by competing in the KHSAA that I wasn't aware of. I don't remember all the specifics, so someone who knows better than me might need to chime in here. @PurplePride92 might be able to answer this better than I.
  24. Me too. Even though the competition level would be much closer to their level of talent and would probably be better for the kids, joining the KCSAA or the KCAA comes with no financial benefit at all.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.