Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How about it, Clyde?

Featured Replies

Is the Euro-step legal? 8th region assigning secretary has told their refs no, but some are allowing it and some are calling it a walk. It makes for very inconsistent refereeing. It probably was the difference in the Gallatin/Collins game. GC called for two walks- one when leading by 5 with 2 minutes to go.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will always be a walk to me. Hell, I'd say most of the moves these kids do on a basketball court nowadays cannot be accomplished without "carrying/palming" or "walking".........now get off my lawn!

Edited by OlDog75

I love the euro. But what I love more is at the end of the euro kids can't get any lift and if help comes it turns into a volleyball spike. I love those.

Of course it's legal .... if done legally.

 

I'd be surprised if an assignor made a blanket statement that it's illegal.

 

The Euro, done properly, is NO different than a regular layup other than the non-pivot foot going to the side vs straight ahead. That's it. Legal.

It will always be a walk to me. Hell, I'd say most of the moves these kids do on a basketball court nowadays cannot be accomplished without "carrying/palming" or "walking".........now get off my lawn!

 

I bet you hate the jump shot, right?:clap:

Why do we spend so much time creating problems where there are not problems?

 

If it were the "American" step no one would blink an eye.

It will always be a walk to me. Hell, I'd say most of the moves these kids do on a basketball court nowadays cannot be accomplished without "carrying/palming" or "walking".........now get off my lawn!

 

:laugh:

  • Author

It

Of course it's legal .... if done legally.

 

I'd be surprised if an assignor made a blanket statement that it's illegal.

 

The Euro, done properly, is NO different than a regular layup other than the non-pivot foot going to the side vs straight ahead. That's it. Legal.

 

I agree. I am fairly certain the assigner said it. I know several referees in the region and all have said it has been said at every meeting. He has also said the only thing that is a foul in the post is getting hit in the head. Crazy!

Let's just say this. Bernie has been at the helm as the 8th Region Assigner for awhile now......and the officiating has been really bad in the 8th Region for awhile now.

How can an assigning secretary make a rules decision. Are the rules not outlined in the NFHS handbook and adopted by the KHSAA. If you get a step it doesn't matter what direction and its not up to an assigning secretary to interpret the rules.

So this is a hearsay conversation? Before everyone starts bashing a guy here, you better make sure it's true.

 

And as always, if you think the refs are bad in the 8th, what are you doing to help? Step up.

Thanks your honor. But the hearsay law doesn't apply to message boards.

Thanks your honor. But the hearsay law doesn't apply to message boards.

 

Now that is a profound statement. I'd go one step further and leave out the "hear" part........... some of these statements, theories and comments are straight out of DreamWorks Studios.

Now that is a profound statement. I'd go one step further and leave out the "hear" part........... some of these statements, theories and comments are straight out of DreamWorks Studios.
Sure they do. That's why the question was posed to Clyde. Everyone knows he knows the rule. As per norm, the truth of many statements lies in the middle of our debate.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.