Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How about it, Clyde?

Featured Replies

When the pivot foot leaves the ground means nothing. It is when the pivot foot hits the ground again. As long as the ball leaves the player's hands before the pivot foot hits the ground again, it is not walking.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all fine and dandy but no ref calls it the same. That's the problem but there are way more problems than this I guess.

A player may only take ONE step from their "pivot foot". Once they take that one step, they must take a shot or pass before the original "pivot foot" comes back to the floor. The pivot foot is established as the first foot planted after the player picks up their dribble.

 

Player picks up dribble, first foot planted establishes "pivot foot", player gets ONE step to other foot, player must pass or shoot before "pivot foot" comes back to the floor. (Hence VOR stating that you get 1.9999 step)

 

I think some of the controversy is centered around what actually establishes the pivot foot. If it truly is the first foot planted AFTER a player picks up their dibble, then mostly, euro's would not be walks. If the pivot foot is established as the foot that is in contact with the ground WHEN the dribble is picked up, then absolutely, most euros would be walks (along most regular layups for that matter)

I bet you hate the jump shot, right?:clap:

 

We lost him once they stopped having to get the ball out of the peach basket and then restart play with another tip off.

Well, I don't know about everyone, but I have heard old coaches who have forgotten more about the game than I know call it a "half step"...the step taken to establish the pivot foot as the ball is being gathered. It may not be "technically" correct per the description in the rule book, but it's been referenced that way by many people for years.

....coaches, yeah...aren't you a coach Big V ?:banana:

....coaches, yeah...aren't you a coach Big V ?:banana:

 

Depends on who you ask. There's a few who would say I'm no coach at all.:irked:

Depends on who you ask. There's a few who would say I'm no coach at all.:irked:

 

....I've seen your work....that is all

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.