Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How about it, Clyde?

Featured Replies

It is very simple, as Clyde said above. It isn't traveling until you lift and then replant your pivot foot.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that would be a legal step and half. Right?

 

Step and 7/8 illegal?

Geez. I agree if you lift before u put dribble down but its still a normal step and half.

There is not "step and a half" nor is there any "Euro Step" defined anywhere in the NFHS rules.

 

Whether this move is a walk is entirely dependent on when the ball is gathered, where the pivot foot is at that time, when the pivot foot leaves the floor and when the ball leaves the shooters hand.

 

Fans who don't like the walk call tend to believe that a player is allowed a "step and half", most officials can understand the sequence just fine.

There is not "step and a half" nor is there any "Euro Step" defined anywhere in the NFHS rules.

 

Whether this move is a walk is entirely dependent on when the ball is gathered, where the pivot foot is at that time, when the pivot foot leaves the floor and when the ball leaves the shooters hand

Fans who don't like the walk call tend to believe that a player is allowed a "step and half", most officials can understand the sequence just fine.

then very layup I ever seen is a walk. Step and half is true rather u guys want to say it or not. Step and a half is also a Euro step.
then very layup I ever seen is a walk. Step and half is true rather u guys want to say it or not. Step and a half is also a Euro step.
Just stop. Read the rule. Please. Just read it. Then you'll saw it.

Why read the rule. No official reads it and if they do they all decide differently how to enforce it

I agree it's when ur pivot foot comes up and when ball hits the ground but it's still for a normal ref a step and half.

Why read the rule. No official reads it and if they do they all decide differently how to enforce it

 

….and this is why there is absolutely no credibility in your post. Nice try. I think we get what you're getting at, but it didn't quite get there...

then very layup I ever seen is a walk. Step and half is true rather u guys want to say it or not. Step and a half is also a Euro step.

 

Your statement says you do not understand a)what is being said or b)the rule.

I agree it's when ur pivot foot comes up and when ball hits the ground but it's still for a normal ref a step and half.

 

No. It is not.

Ok. I give. I still say every ref calls it diff. My only point I was trying to make

Ok. I give. I still say every ref calls it diff. My only point I was trying to make

 

We can agree on this one. Travel calls are inconsistent IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.