Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

scon36

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scon36

  1. Game Tuesday has been cancelled including varsity action. Trimble out until February 2nd vs Carroll.
  2. Final from Woodford County. Any details on this one?
  3. Have had the pleasure of seeing SO several times this season. They are a fun bunch to watch. I haven’t seen AC live, but I’ve got to wonder if their physical play will bother South. I think it will be a good game but giving the nod to AC.
  4. No reason for SK to hang their heads. This South team is pretty good. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them win the Region from the district runner-up spot. I believe they’ve done that a time or two.
  5. Throw the records and their previous game out the window. This should be another good one. Won’t be any snow on the roof of Trimble County’s gym tonight.
  6. The same official had an opportunity to make a bigger deal out of an incident a few moments before this but instead issued a stern warning. I didn’t hear what was said that prompted the technical, but figured it must have been T worthy. There wasn’t any delay on the call.
  7. Way to go Reece! He’s a fine young man and represents his team well.
  8. I am and have been at the scorer’s table for every home game over the last 10 years. It would be a challenge at our school to add another person for each game. Yes, we have people capable of the task, but it doesn’t always fit in to other people’s schedules. Sometimes we scramble to find a fill-in when someone is sick. Beyond that, let’s leave the shot clock to college and pro. For a lot of teams, there is still quite a bit of learning going on even during a game.
  9. Final from Bedford per @trimbleGameDay on Twitter.
  10. I looked around for you but didn’t see you there.
  11. Trimble County scoring via Raider GameDay on Facebook. Dylan Jennings 19 Beau Turner 13 Tate Ogburn 10 Reece Webster 8 Austin Cissell 4 Ryan Long 3 JT Wilcoxson 2
  12. Trimble County showing position open for head varsity football coach. Mike Isley was their last varsity coach and is current AD. They’re bringing back JV this season with hopes of varsity to follow. Job is posted as varsity head coach.
  13. He was not the head coach at Trimble when football was discontinued. Mike Isley had at least one year at the helm before numbers dropped.
  14. Trimble has hired Carroll County native Marc Mumphrey. Meet and greet tonight at 5:30.
  15. Per school web site. Meet and greet this afternoon at 5:30.
  16. Trimble can’t just leave the 29th and go elsewhere. I’m sure they would if they could. There has been talk of redistricting over the years, but it has been just that.
  17. Well, I ran the clock 35 years ago when I was in HS and did pretty good job. I wouldn’t discount the age of a person doing the job. The major thing about running the clock is that you can’t watch the game. It doesn’t make sense but it’s true. If you get wrapped up in the game, you’re gonna miss a stop, start or score.
  18. Add to that the fact they make these things way more difficult to operate than they need to be. Some are more user friendly than others, but at times there are too many steps to execute a simple function. Even the best operator would suggest adding a second person for the shot clock.
  19. Exactly!
  20. I’ve got to believe costs for each school to install new equipment has to be a factor. There are small districts that may not be able to budget for it. You need someone to understand the rules and how to run it. Then you can question why people want it. Are they so accustomed to watching the college game that they want the same level of excitement in the high school game? There is some level of teaching going on during the game. I hate slow down games as much as anyone, but it’s a strategy that has been k own to work from time to time. I vote NO on a shot clock.
  21. These polls keep proving how much I don’t know about basketball. I’m going with Oldham tonight. No reason other than gut feeling. Good luck to both teams.
  22. These two played a tight game earlier in the season. Hard to go against the GC mojo they have right now.
  23. Anderson County vs Simon Kenton Saturday at 1pm Collins vs Walton-Verona at 3pm.
  24. Having a personal interest raises the passion to another level. That said, he didn’t take that into consideration when he addressed me a few years ago. He doesn’t handle the crowd well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.