South Oldham 83 Simon Kenton 75 (8th Region)

Simon Kenton with another early exit. Certainly seems to be a trend at this point.

Hard to argue. I'll miss this group. On the bright side Niece is returning and he is averaging 30 plus The Roy. We need some growth spurts this off season.

Johnson 30 for South; Morrison with 28.

The four guards (Morrison, Johnson, Niece, and Davis) put on a show, but one of the little things that made a big difference was the fact that South finally managed to slow Davis in the second half. While the game was still a game - basically, until the final minute - I believe (if memory serves) that he was only able to get one three off in the second half.

Rebounding turned out to be huge as South dominated the glass by 16....

Still, this was a really good, entertaining, well-played game by both teams. Kudos to both. Really too bad that one had to "go home"....

No reason for SK to hang their heads. This South team is pretty good. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them win the Region from the district runner-up spot. I believe they’ve done that a time or two.

I still think this has to be disappointing for Simon Kenton. Great job South Oldham and the best coach in the 8th Region Steve Simpson.

Simpson is a great coach, but Zerhusen at Oldham County could make a claim for that title based on his overall record and history against Simpson. The two could meet again on Tuesday night!