South Oldham 83 Simon Kenton 75 (8th Region)

People act as though SK always has a ton of talent to compete in this region. I agree SK should get out of the district every year, but expecting them to win the region every year is silly. They had the talent to do it this year, but the 8th is loaded. South, Collins, and OC are all just as talented, if not more so.

Best coach is a silly debate. Most coaches do well when they have good players. Give the coach at Little Sisters of the poor the roster of Male or Ballard and we would be talking about what a good coach they are.

People act as though SK always has a ton of talent to compete in this region. I agree SK should get out of the district every year, but expecting them to win the region every year is silly. They had the talent to do it this year, but the 8th is loaded. South, Collins, and OC are all just as talented, if not more so.

Couldn't agree more. SK has two really good players and South has several.

Edited by PBnoJ
Spelling

Believe it or not SK had the toughest route to the title. It's not easy to cut dowm those nets.

I agree with this years draw but their other last 4 first round exits were vs. Gallatin Co. the last two time and Collins the other 2 times before that. This is SK fifth first round exit in the past 6 seasons the other year they lost in the opening round of the district.

Believe it or not SK had the toughest route to the title. It's not easy to cut dowm those nets.

South was for sure the best loser out if all the districts. IMO it would not have mattered because Steiner teams always seem to underachieve in the post season. SK was going to run through the 8th Region when they were moved but it has been far from it.

South was for sure the best loser out if all the districts. IMO it would not have mattered because Steiner teams always seem to underachieve in the post season. SK was going to run through the 8th Region when they were moved but it has been far from it.

I guess I associate with more knowledgeable fans. I can't think of an SK fan holding that mentality.

I guess I associate with more knowledgeable fans. I can't think of an SK fan holding that mentality.

Are you at least a bit surprised SK hasn't won a region title since they moved into the 8th in 2005-2006 season? They took out what could be their biggest challenge to winning the 8th in Scott County and Bullitt East and then Collins was built and that destroyed Shelby County's dominance too.

Are you at least a bit surprised SK hasn't won a region title since they moved into the 8th in 2005-2006 season? They took out what could be their biggest challenge to winning the 8th in Scott County and Bullitt East and then Collins was built and that destroyed Shelby County's dominance too.

I'm not surprised since it's hard to win a title but I do believe they've had a few teams capable of cutting the nets. The only year they had the "best" team was in 2006/2007. If there was a year they should have won it, that was the year. SK has TWO regional titles since 1938, hopefully one year we can get back to Rupp.

Yes that is true we will see how Collins comes out this year but the other 4 teams that eliminated SK in the opening round of the regional 3 of those lost their next regional game in the semis only Collins in 2015 went on to win the region. Also in 2017 SK lost to Walton-Verona in the first game of the district they went on to lose their first game in the regional tournament that year.